Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Formana`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I've been playing computer games for years, I am interested in a variety of games such as: MMO's RPG's and RTS. I have been a long time fan of Blizzards games starting with warcraft 3 and World Of Warcraft which i have been playing roughly 4 years now. i also play Starcraft 2 and use the computer daily.

I am 15 years old and have been playing on the computer since i was about 5. I got into RPing a few years ago and have been doing it for a long time since.

I am quite Shy In Real Life, mainly because i get Bombed for being a WoW player, but online i find it easy to connect with people and have a good time!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come From South England (Hampshire) And my primary language is English though I have dabbled slightly in French and German.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well a friend of my Brothers really. He came over a few years back after buying this snazzy new game called World Of Warcraft, I can still remember watching him on his level 8 undead Warlock. Shortly after me and my brother decided to buy it! We started off on a joint account as our father did not want to pay double subscription fee but about 2 months later we were both too frustrated with sharing so my brother took over paying for the account so our father could buy me a new one, and so my Life as a nerd began.

The thing that really hooked me with WoW was its open world, things didn't look planned out, towns could be in almost any area of the world and the cities are beautiful.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well I've been eager to find a server for Role play after I decided to play around with a few Private Servers, I found most of them lacking vital aspects and what i really wanted was a well managed one with a mature player base, as well as (If possible) RP as it had been a passion of mine.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy roleplay in almost all aspects! but I mainly enjoy either large event roleplay with lots of people and plenty of things going on to engage me, or lighter Tavern roleplay if I'm doing other things and just want something to keep my mind going and occupied.

I like Roleplay that feels like it has a purpose! It makes me feel like i'm actually affecting things going on around me and i find that

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Dwarves! I just love dwarf lore, I think the entire story line, From their creation, to what's going on at the moment fascinating. And the fact that they are descended from earthen and are definitely as diverse as the trolls making the dwarves different at every corner

My favourite class however has to be the shaman, is find the way that the shaman commune with the elements and their use of their power enthralling. (I can't wait to roll a dwarf shaman in the upcoming expansion!)

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't know really, i expect to find a consistent and strong RP with a good few events! aswell as an escape from all the annoying things such as Power emoting and ERPing.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Godmoding

I just really hate it when someone manages to completely destroy a perfectly good RP by claiming to be the best swordsman ever and being able to take on 10 enemies at a time. it just really bugs me and is another reason I am seeking a private server like this one to escape from the really annoying Roleplayers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Jeremy C. Whizzington was in his office at the time. He was just going over the figures for the last selling season when he heard the distant boom that would spell the end of life as he and so many others would know it.

Whizzington pulled on his overcoat, quickly picking up the various gadgets that had fallen out of it, before proceeding downstairs."Dwizzle! What was that noise!"
"Dunno sir." Replied his dumb and sorely under payed assistant. "Gah." Whizzington exclaimed before dashing out onto the busy streets of Gnomeregan.

Things were a mess outside, people were running to and fro with piles of belongs. Nearby a robotic herald was yelling " Trogg attack! Trogg attack! Return to your homes until the threat has passed!". But Whizzington saw one one of the upper levels the defenders were being overwhelmed, he started to run to an access shaft to a higher level before spinning round as a trogg came flying down, obviously too impatient for the lift. He started to run before someone grabbed him. "If you want to live follow me! we're gathering a group together to push out of Gnomeregan!" a voice whispered in his ear. Spinning around for the 3rd time in 30 seconds (He was getting slightly queasy now) he saw that he was facing none other than High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque. He ran after him and found a large group at the entrance to a shaft.

"Here is the plan" Mekkatorque said after a few minutes of people gathering we're going to push through this tunnel to the surface entrance. but there are quite a few troggs blocking our path, so i'll need a few volunteers to take weapons." At this Whizzington (who had always been cowardly) Pushed himself to the back of the crowd as people were selected.

Just before they were about to set off a gnome came flying into them, his skin a slightly different shade to normal. "They've irradiated the city! GET OUT QUICKLY!" The team needed no further warning before charging into the tunnel. Into the largest pack of troggs Whizzington had ever seen.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not really. Just keeping my fingers crossed that i get accepted!
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde! :3

Lok'tar Ogar! Greetings and Salutations, and all of that! Hehe. Upon entering the game for the first time, please /join chat for game related questions and conversations and /join barrens for a more silly shenanigan filled atmosphere!

In the meantime, please make sure you are familiar with our Rules, Policies, and FAQ's. If you haven't, also check out the Wiki! It's pretty cool.

Hope you enjoy yourself and we look forward to seeing you in there! Happy Rping! ^-^
Welcome Comdrade!
Thanks alot! :D