Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: armyrob21`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Okay here goes. I am a soldier in the US Army. Currently I am in training for Special Forces. I have been in the Army for over 10 years. I am 29 years old and enjoy role playing games. I am an avid LARPer. I enjoy the company of good people and am happiest around people that can relax and have fun without a lot of senseless drama.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am stationed in North Carolina. My primary language is English, but I just finished schooling in French. It was a fun language to learn and I love teaching it to my son.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I originally got into World of Warcraft to stay in contact with friends when I deployed. I originally played mainly alliance on an rp server. My friends and I loved role playing. But over time more and more people flooded the RP servers and they lost their appeal. Our role playing group split up and I lurked around on several servers. On feathermoon is where I fell in love with the Horde, I spent a lot of time there having fun. I lost interest in playing on Blizzards servers because of all the immature people.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I played on a few private servers, but no one was into role playing or enjoying the game and the people. So I googled "World of Warcraft role playing private server" and yours was the first one to show up. I was interested from the beginning and enjoy reading all that you have.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all types of role playing. I can spend hours just sitting in a bar drinking and role playing. I love actions, suspense, danger and intrigue.
Adventures are fun because they help create stories to tell. I used to role play on Mirc and the thing I enjoyed about that was the unknown. You truly never knew what was going to happen that day in the inn and how it would affect or change your characters life.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have a few that I enjoy playing there isn't just one favorite. I primarily play Horde Characters but, I always have a Gnome warrior because everyone has this idea of a tank being big and seen. But when someone asks who your tank is, and then is shocked when people point to a gnome, it is definitely worth some laughs.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I would love to find a play to relax and role play with like minded people, to enjoy a game and a world that we all have a part in creating.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity- I have been to a lot of place that have had a lot of jerks. People that can carry on a mature conversation about a serious topic are rare. Most people want instant gratification and will act like whiney little kids when this happens.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A story? I can manage that. I have been writing a story based on a LARP I attend. Here it goes...
The Sylvan Elf ranger breathed heavily. His bone weary body rested against the fortress wall. Aching from a couple wounds slowly worked their way past the waning adrenaline. His mind was numb with exhaustion but he knew he couldn't let himself slump over. It was him the rest of the men and women relied on for strength. He himself didn't know if he had anymore to give, anymore will to lead. He almost wished he had fallen in the first wave, fallen with his close friends and companions. Now he led a few hundred motley assorted crews, a lot were once non-combatants.
His armor felt heavy, he had been wearing it for three days now. He had been wearing the same dirty blood stained clothes for three days as well. He was thirsty; he didn't remember the last time he drank something, of for that matter when he ate something. He heard a groan to the side, and turned to see a wounded foot soldier slumped over in an awkward angle. Pushing his weary body off the wall he moved to the man.
The ranger positioned the man to better assess his condition. The man looked worse off than the ranger, and had a garish wound in his side. The ranger knew the man was bleeding to death. He raised his voice bellowing out for a healer, but knew one wouldn't make it in time; he lowers his hand resting it on the man's chest.
“By natures will” the ranger whispered to himself. Flowing forth a healing spell of minor strength. Enough to keep the man on the brink of life until the healers make it. “Rest easy soldier, the healers will be by soon to tend to you”
The ranger looked to the walkway on the wall where he was, seeing it littered with the corpses of Kormyrian soldiers. They were the king's soldiers, the ranger was a king's soldier, and they were the ranger's soldiers now. The weight of that pressed on his shoulders, how he could ensure the lives of those he had now, it nearly buckled his knees. Grasping the wall for support he took a deep breath. His eyes rested on a black cloak, Black Sheep, his men. His unit he belonged in for years, next to a blue cloaked corpse, Volpone's, Blue Bloods, Nobles by blood and birth feeling better than most. How this war proves that untrue.
Among those corpses, brothers in blood were the twisted forms of the men from the Chaos Wastes. Twisted by hatred and consumed by the lust for death and destruction these men were more akin to blood crazed beasts then humans. How these beings came about is unknown to the ranger, he and his unit had come here on the kings orders to establish a post to protect his borders from reported attacks of monsters coming out of the desolate wastes.
It was night but a full moon rose high, shedding it silver glow to the battlefield below. His eyes beheld an enemy encampment as far as his eyes could see before him. He didn't have to look behind him to see the sheer cliff rising up hundreds of feet; he could feel the wind blowing down it. The fortress was surrounded, no way out, no way for reinforcements in. He knew they wouldn't be coming anyway; he was sure the runners never made it.
He closed his eyes hands resting on the cool stones. He felt strength in them, knowing that long after his bones were bleached by the sun, they would remain. A smile creased his dry lips and a short chuckle escaped his throat. “To come so far my friends and to fall.” He spoke to the winds “but if we are to fall then by Gaia I will make them pay tenfold for every life they take here.” He vowed as if to reassure himself of his commitment. He didn't have to; he would fight until the end.
Turning on his heels he walked away from the view before him. It was going to be a long night. He had preparations to make, for tomorrow would a long day if he was unlucky.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Third times the charm hopefully
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.

....wait. You're from horde-side feathermoon?! Mind my asking, I've player there horde side since pre-bc. He'll we could of met before
Yeah I played there pre-bc aswell. I had a Orc warrior named Rul and a Troll mage named Zinjel. When BC hit, didn't need to use my warrior much, guild had several good tanks, but no mages.