Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Carrotts`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Of course the worst part of the introduction would come first. I never know what to put in these things, and often end up rambling. Or cutting it short. Or being distracted by other things. Just know, I flipped through my open tabs and started re-reading the CotH rules page. Meh.

Anywho. I'm Ian Anderson and I don't play the flute. I've been gaming for years, starting out on my green Gameboy Color. Pokemon was my youth. I graduated through the generations of Nintendo platforms, with fond memories of a few games (Super Smash Bros. Legend of Zelda, etc.)

World of Warcraft, my first MMO, in the early stages of the Burning Crusade. My Undead mage followed me through the expansion and into Wrath of the Lich King. I stopped playing about a year ago, preferring other games bought on whim, namely Dota, Heroes of Newerth, and more recently, Starcraft 2.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born and live in the great US of A, so I guess it goes without saying that my primary language is English. I did take a few years of french in Middle/High school, but didn't learn too much. The teacher wasn't up to snuff.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My friends got me into it. We would sit at the lunch table and they would chat away about WoW and paintball. I had no idea what they were talking about, so I finally picked up a copy and started playing with them.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I enjoy a good story, so why not write it myself? While I played retail I would flit between my main and an RP toon I played on the side. Retail RP servers were often plagued with griefers and other anti-RP players, so it became difficult to find a decent group.

I found the server using the "I'm feeling lucky" option from Google. It sounded like fun, so here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've RP'ed a fair amount, but that was a while ago, so I'm not sure how rusty I am. I've been through most types, struggling most in a crowded or combat scenario. Not to say that they weren't fun, just that they were a bit difficult.

Enough dodging around the question. Stupid bush, get out of my way. I'll RP most anything. Start it and I will play out my part.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Whenever I created an RP character, I was most comfortable playing as a human. Seeing as I am a human myself, I felt that I could connect with my role better.

My favorite class outside of RP would have to be the Tauren. There's something about giant, lumbering, nature-cows that I just can't steer away from. My favorite class is probably the Shaman. My Tauran Shaman probably received the most playtime while I was on retail because I love their spells, concept, lore and what not.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Good role-playing and a great community. I can't tell you how many games I've played where the community just sucks. All of the people are elitist jerks or just jerks who think they're good. Oh how it makes me want to tell them off.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Probably the one about typing out what you need to say. There's an entire keyboard RIGHT THERE. If you have any competency with a computer you'll be able to crank out a real message in no time.

Other than that, I'd like to say that the first thing I thought when I read Grakor's quote was 'Draenei.'

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Creeping silently on the dark ship, Adere made her way deftly across the deck she had examined earlier that day. Most lights in the port had flickered out by now, but a few still shone, casting an eerie light on her path. This job would make or break the rest of her life. Everything before was just practice, this was the real deal.

Hiding behind a mass of half-loaded cargo, Adere calculated her next move. With the night watchman a drunken mess in a nearby bar, the going would be easier, but a patrolling guard could easily blow her cover as well. Checking to see no one was around; she dashed, in a crouch, to the next checkpoint. The door to the Captain's Quarters stood locked just a few more feet ahead. Being so close to her target, Adere began the final stretch to the door. Crossing the last few feet, she pressed herself against the wooden structure. Shadows produced by overhanging eaves made her nearly invisible in the dark night.

Adere took her key from its spot, clenched between her teeth. The key was forged by Gavon, an elite blacksmith who often made tools and weapons for the Brotherhood. . Even though Adere had only requested it be made a week ago, it was of top quality, as was everything Gavon made. A veteran of the Great War, even in old age, Gavon could never forget the thrill of combat. He picked up his hammer once the army tossed him out, thinking that if he wasn't able to fight, at least he could help who could. She ran her fingers over the chiseled inscription laid into the cold brass. “The key to a good fight is a good weapon.” That message was on every piece to leave Gavon's shop, even things that couldn't possibly be used as a weapon.

Using a trick taught to every operative of the Brotherhood, Adere slowed her breathing and heart rate. Nerves, emotion, all would distract her from the task at hand. Fitting the key into the lock on the door, the metallic clank of success sounded. Slowly pushing the door open, Adere crept into the room. Small amounts of light filtered through the few windows in the chamber, Skirting around them, she quietly turned the room upside down, looking for only one thing. Turning around, Adere came face to face with the barrel of a loaded flintlock.

“What do we have here?” The captain said, chuckling. “It looks like a sneaky weasel has snuck her way into my nest”

He started to get out of bed, keeping his arm outstretched and pointing at Adere. Her eyes darted about looking for some way out. Although extensively trained, she grew nervous. This wasn't supposed to happen.

After eyeing Adere up and down, the captain spoke again in slurred speech. “Heh heh. Well you're a fine little lady, aren't you? How about you give the Captain a little sugar and we'll forget about this mess.”

Adere's confidence began to return. The captain was completely smashed; probably so much that he wouldn't even remember this in the morning. Adere smiled a bit, baiting the captain to lower his guard, even a little bit. The captain, chuckling once more, moved closer to Adere. She struck out. Adere knocked aside the captain's gun, and then brought both hands up, giving the captain a good thwack on the ears. While the captain was discombobulated from the blow, Adere struck upwards into the captain's jaw, knocking him out cold.

Quickly, Adere scrambled through the contents underneath the captain's bed. With an exited gasp, she procured a small locked trunk. Using her skeleton key, Adere undid the lock and opened the box. Without a second thought, she stuffed the contents of the trunk into a camouflaged bag strapped to her back. She replaced the trunk underneath the captain's bed, hoping he wouldn't think to look in it anytime soon.

Adere left the Captain's Quarters, locking the door behind her. With the stolen map in her possession, she happily crept off into port, blending into the shadows once more.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Alright, I know that this stuff is posted elsewhere on the website/forums, but I'll ask just to clarify.

Is the correct way to do things around here?
1. Post introduction
2. If accepted, post character profile
3. Actually make character in-game
4. ???
5. Profit

Thanks,
Ian
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.

In the case of CoTH, #4 would be "Wait a month and apply for gruntship", then profit.