Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: thorrdor`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello, about myself as a player. Well I'm 18 years of age and I have been a role player on World of Warcraft for quite a few years, about four I think. I have a broken hand so typing is slightly harder then usual, I'm a college student and sometimes find it tough to fit in with people. But I hope you give me the opportunity to try, I am sure I will love it here.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from England, my primary language is English, naturally. I come from St Albans, a city near London and I like to think I'm quite well spoken.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
About five years ago a friend of mine got me in to World of Warcraft, in the lunch queue actually we where talking about it, and I've pretty much played the retail version since then, though a loathing for 'lollers' and people who just want to ruin RP have driven me to seek out a private RP server.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
A Google search looking for "wow private RP servers" I think it was, and something I read on your website about having few RPers but to a high standard was quite appealing, so I thought it was worth checking out and the more I look in to it, the more I like what I see.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I have been roleplaying for a long time, and I have played many different characters and storylines. If I had to pick one I would go with A corrupt military or a Criminal kind of group, I find a darker side to RPing to be incredibly fun. There are far too many justice types running around in RP (though I can only speak for the retail RPers).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human warrior. Boring, I know! But I like sticking to what I'm used to. I have RPed a human warrior for years and I'm comfortable with the RP style, what they're capable of and what they're not, playing what you don't know can lead to simple mistakes. (Like a rogue stealtjing in a brightly lit area, or a mage punching someone to the floor). Then again how does one learn. But like I said, human warrior is like an old pair of shoes to me.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, my main expectations are a high quality of roleplay, and no elves jumping around on tables naked spamming 'lol'. I would be quite happy with that. I would also like to see the entire community RPing with everyone else, instead of everyone clumping into groups and doing their own thing, which seems to happen far to often, once again, I can only speak for retail. Oh one other thing, No god/power moters would be swell (and people who know how to take hits in /e fights).

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Well, I quite admire the approval process I'm currently taking, and sticking to it, some people might just go for numbers and let noobs flood the server, but it seems you have quite the screening process. Keeps the RP to a high standard I assume.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Alright, I will tell you a story of my retail RP character Thordor Kerrigan (No, i didn't know the last name was on Starcraft at the time. Based on real RP events. Warning. Contains verbal violence.)

Thordor Kerrigan, a Private of the <Stormwind elites>, respected by his friends as quite an honest man. Though he stived to keep his family connections hidden, for you see, the Stormwind elites where locked in a gruelling war with an organisation called <The Seekers of Balance> who where lead by their terrible and ruthless leader, non other then Isthar Kerrigan, Thordors older brother. the only survivors of the Kerrigan family. Thordor knew what position Isthar held in the organisation they where at war with, and Isthar knew of him being a Private in the elite, however, Thordor was always curious why Isthar had not revealed who he was to ruin Thordor, perhaps some shred of humanity? Not wanting his brother to suffer? He would surely be kicked out the Elite in discrace if his family ties came to light.

At 18:00 hours, Thordor received his orders to patrol the Elwynn to Duskwood border, and obediently followed his instructions. Several hours later, Thordor wandered into the Forests Edge near Westfall, where he planned to have a cheeky five minute rest, He sat down against a tree and closed his eyes, enjoying the cool night breeze on his face. As quickly as a bolt of lightning hitting the ground, Thordor found himself gagged, hooded, bound and in a fair amount of pain, what was going on! Thordor had no idea, and being only 17 was quite scared at the sudden turn of events.

A short time after being bundled into a cart, carried off and arriving somewhere, he was un-hooded and found himself in the clothes he wore underneath his armour, and restrained to a chair, what horrible fate might befall him? Thoughts where racing through his mind.

entering the room a cloaked figure clad in black leather armour entered the room, and swiftly dismissed the two grunts who restrained Thordor with a swift flick of his hand. Thordor managed to get a look of the mans eyes as the ember from the mans pipe lit his face up slightly, he recognised the eyes. could these seemingly merciless cold dead eyes really belong to the older brother Thordor looked up to and admired so much?
"Isthar..?" Whispered Thordor disbelievingly.
"Little brother, what a disappointment you where, such potential." Isthar said, lacking any real enthusiasm, as if bored. "You and I could have been fine leaders."
"I would never betray Stormwind like you! Coward!" Thordor yelled from his seat.
A twisted smile spread across Isthars face, made even more sinister by the only good lighting coming from his pipe, illuminating his crocked features. "But you see, brother, you are a traitor, or, you will be."

The two brainless grunts fumbled back in to the room, and after alot of screaming, a few teath and fingernails later, they decided they where getting nowhere, and decided to use Thordors soon to be wife and childhood sweetheart, 'Jerrayndra' who had been captured picking herbs near Lakeshire. a muffled scream awoke Thordor from his punch drunk sleep, she was screaming at Thordors battered, broken face, and a colourful display of cyts and bruises everywhere else on his body, rangeing from crimson, to blue, and to black. It only took the threat of voilence towards her for Thordor to give up his secrets on the Elite, plans against the Balance, troop deployments, negotiations and important names, Thordor was disgusted with himself.

Despite giving him all the answers he desired, Isthar slowly killed Jerrayndra, and seemed to derive pleasure at watching his younger brother plead with all his might for her saftey, but apparently in vein. Shortly after Jerrayndra was dead they left, leaving Thordor, still in broken disbelief tied to a chair in the same room as her.

A day or so later, he was recovered, his wounds treated, and he was court-martial'd and dismissed from the elite, apparently the leader received an anonymous letter with various elite secrets, with a message after saying: "Thank Private Kerrigan for the intelligence he gave us." It's not clear when the realisation hit him, at his dismissal, at his girlfriends funeral, at the bottem of his fourth bottle of whiskey, the various bar fights, or sobering up in a cell, or at any point the cycle repeated for a few months. But he knew, he knew he had to kill his brother, and it was from that point on, Thordor Kerrigan, was never the same again.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope I get approved, and I hope you liked the story! Took a while with one hand. But I look forward to joining the community! (Sorry if this double posted, but i clicked submit and it logged me out, lucky is copied everything before clicking submit hmm?)
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.