Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ardel`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
First - I'm a student of technical uniwersity. I'm nineteen. I like playng all kinds of guitars, sometimes flute or Pan's flute. I like reading fantasy, sf book, but also I'm reading Shakespeare and other "fundamental" authors.
And me as a player. I have a little practice in roleplay. I'm playing role playng games for years, as a player and game master. My favourite set is Warhammer, but I also play Planescape, Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Neuroshima and The Eye of Yrrhedes. cRPGs I played are: Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, Dragon Age and more. In game I value roleplay and that all players have fun. Game must appeal to players. When not - it hasn't got any sense. I dont't have many experience with MMORPGs, but I think I will cope with it.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live Poland. And, how you can expect, my primary language is polish. But I've been learning english since I was seven. So I think I can spek english enough to communicate (but I don't think my english is perfect).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Into Warcraft led me my father, when I was little child. I was playing with him this strategy. It was a masterpiece for me. I became fan of Warcraft I, then
II and at least - III. I like the world and its fable. My friend show me World of Warcraft. I'm not fan of MMO ("food plx", "gp plx", "kill u", "lol", "lol", "lol"), but he said that is good RolePlay server. So I think I'll try. This will be my first time to play World of Warcraft. If I like it, I will probably start to play on "official" server.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I was looking for server where people make full sentences and try to be a little in their characters. I was exhausted with players with "typical Tibia syndrom". How I found you? As I said before - my friend find you and tell me about. He will probably post his introducion here too.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
What kind? It's difficult question. Because I like all kinds of roleplay. Battle full of roleplay is great fun and after this fight - relax in the tavern reminding this, drinking beer or something. Delicate dialogue of a pair is also welcomed. And crowd rolepaly? Why not. And one more. I love trading roleplay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race is Human. Humans are comprehensive in RPG sets, they live everywhere and they are ordinary. I love play ordinary characters, they are close to me, I can feel like them, so I can roleplay them in the best way.
In World of Warcraft there is not my favourite class. My favourite class in RPGs is bard/skald/minstrel. I like wordy characters with many talents and with beautiful music with them (3x with. it's sick *laugh*). I also like hunters and rogues. Eliminate enemy without beeing hurt is good for me. I don't like when my character is wounded. And I like sneaking, lockpiking and that kind of things.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't expect more. Only joy from playing and place when I can roleplay with others. That's all.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility. The world is being done by players. All players. Everyone is a single person, but they are making a big entirety. Noone is "the greatest" and also noone is "the worst". This rule creates shadow of democracy, and it's fine.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
//I write stories, so I'll try translate fragment of ones.

"Anywhere"

I opened my eyes at one hundred twenty-eighth time. I woke up starving and with thisty at one hundred twenty-seven time. Sky was (as always) bright and, that was unexpected, some clouds appeared on it. Cold wind was freezing my eyes. Sand and dust hurts my face. I hadn't check my knives, it was void. I didn't care if I have all my stuff. I was alive, but I didn't think it was bliss. I greeted my only companions - Gwido and Øswald. It was good party. Because it was only.

My breakfeast consited of strange bits of something, that were flying with the wind between forlorn buildings in this bloody city. They tasted like musty ash - I was praying to gods for that it wasn't ash. But there were no gods. It was void. Everything was smoke and grayness.

I sit under destroyed wall, that used to be white, but then - it was neuter. I asked Øswald, with warm voice (it wasn't suits this place), for calm melody.

It was nice listening to pleasant tone of flute. It reminded me of waves, my lovely waves and ocean. But I was on this damned waste! Wind had blown and my hair fall on my face. They were dirty of mud and blood. I had laughed, Øswald sang sharp and became silent. i was hungry like a wolf before battle. I took jagged Gwido on my back and began my wander.

Avenue, when I was walking, was gray. That was the best definition of this place. Here and there laid debris and ruins, filthy and sharp broken glass. There
must have lived rich people. Glass! This material was costly like gold! Cobblestones which was creating this street looked like someone had been hitting them with a hammer for thousands years. All of that created scene of overwhelming despair, which with its cold and sticky fingers touched my face.
I thinked about warm mead. This divine sweetness that burn throat...
I had to go. It was my only way to salvation. Why I accepted this damned Tests? Mistletoe in Baldur's heart! This was last Test. Four first Tests were easy when I compared them with THAT!...

//and it's and of beginning to this story. Description of Tests follows. And then - wander, wander and wander in this lost place.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Of course I will have questions about playing and creating character, but now I don't have anyone.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.