Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hectorfen`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been gaming and roleplaying for about 14 years now. I've recently ran into financial trouble which has led me to seek an alternative means to my world of warcraft roleplay addiction. I've always striven for quality and engagment in my roleplay endevours. I also currently run a historical roleplay forum which also strives toward these goals.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from America and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Several years back I dated someone who was heavy into WoW, the relationship didn't last but my curiosity for what all the fuss was about was piqued and I started playing. At first I wasn't hooked, but after another re-introduction some years later I was able to acquire a friend-base on my main server and with engaging roleplay I was sufficiently hooked again.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I sought for a roleplay server once I learned of these so-called free private servers. Roleplay in its purest sense is by far more important to me than PVP. In short, google led me to you.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Relaxing tavern roleplay is usually my style, but I've been known to incorporate action and danger as well. Fighting has never really been my thing as most of my characters are pacifists.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Bloodelf/hunter. I like the idea of having a pet that I can choose. Its also the only race/class I've ever managed to level to 80 on normal servers.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To find a new, fun, immersive place to set loose my character. I've deeply missed the fantasy setting and WoW and am hoping to have a nice truly enriching roleplay experience on your server. Something that I find lacking on the regular roleplay servers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. On the internet especially I find this sorely lacking. It's refreshing to know that this is strictly enforced.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Back when the animals of this word were first created they were all grey and dingy and they did not have weapons of their own. In the land of canines this was especially the case, Wolf, coyote, fox, and dingo all had the same bland grey. One day a very colorful parrot came to the land of the canines and perched in a tree.

"Beasts!" the parrot squawked. "I bring you gifts from my land, come back tomorrow morning and I will bestow upon you the first of my gifts!" And with that the parrot flew off to a high tree. All the canines were so excited and that night dreamed of what great gift the parrot would give them.

Early in the morning Wolf, Coyote and dingo were ready, but Fox who had so been anticipating the gift had accidentally slept in dreaming of his gift. When he finally awoke and went to get his gift he was disappointed to find only the smallest pair remained. The parrot clicked at him apologetically. "Had you gotten here earlier you might have gotten bigger ones. Maybe next time! Tomorrow's gift will be even better."

With that the Fox went home. Having learned his lesson, the next day the fox got to the parrot first thing in the morning before the great sun had risen from the sky. He came to the parrot who was setting up his next gift. The Parrot smiled and handed the Fox a paint set. "Now you and your kind can be as beautiful as me!" The Fox smiled, he painted his fur a deep russet read and his arms and ears in black jet. His stomach and tail tip a brilliant white. As a finishing touch he added two black marks to the side of his muzzle. "I shall be the most handsome of my brothers" the Fox proclaimed.

When the other cannines arrived they were dismayed to see most of the best colours used up wolf used brown and white and black on himself and his family while dingo and coyote had what was left of the boring browns. Fox chose this time to strut past. "Now you know what it's like arrive late and get barely anything!" The others scowled at him.

"If you were miserable yesterday why do it to us today? Out of spite! You didn't need all the red paint!" Growled the wolf. "Perhaps the parrot should give you humility if you're so vain" Snapped the coyote. Dingo however remained silent, his colours had been a golden brown mockery of Fox's brilliant autumn red.

For the rest of the day The other cannines ignored Fox as much as he tried to attract thier attention. By the end of the day he was just as sad as the day before when he'd gotten the little claws. The next day, once again, the Fox rose bright and early, the parrot was packing up to leave when the Fox approached him. "Parrot I beg you" The fox cried. "Take back my red... and give it to the other dogs I was wrong to take it all." The parrot sighed. "I cannot do that, I cannot undo my gifts. Now I have caused enough strife between your kind, I will leave before my gifts make you kill eachother."

"No!" cried the Fox. "Let them have your gifts, they cannot suffer because of my stupidity!" At this the parrot stopped and turned. "i beleive you" Said the parrot. "I will give your friends my final gift, and because of your humility, Fox, I shall give it to you too."
"what is it?" Fox implored. "Nature." Replied the parrot. The Fox was quite confused. "Because of your kindness and your wrongdoing yesterday I will bestow you yours myself, you will not get a choice." The fox nodded, understanding the parrot's reason. "If its all the same then, Id like to get it last..." The parrot nodded. "As you wish."

As the sun rose in the sky the Fox stayed beside the parrot as he handed out the final gift. First came wolf who gave a snide comment when he saw Fox. "Come to gloat about your gift again?"
"No," replied Fox. "I've come to help give you yours." The wolf was puzzled but Fox quickly explained. "You are easily the largest of us, fair wolf, you are our protector, for that I have sugessted that Parrot give you the gift of Ferocity." The wolf smiled at this and accepted his gift with pride.

Next came Coyote. He too had a nasty comment toward Fox, and again Fox gave his reccomendation. "For you coyote, I give you the gift of Trickery, no beast will ever be able to outwit you." The coyote smiled and accepted his gift with pride.

Finally came Dingo. "Dingo, my friend" the fox spread his paws wide. "To you I give the gift of strength, that you might rival wolf in brawn."

Finally with the canines gifts sorted out the Parrot turned to the fox who hung his head a bit. "I understand if theres nothing left for me." He said humbly. The Parrot smiled. "There is.... but I don't think you need it anymore. All the same, it is yours. I give you the gift of wisdom and intelligence. Coyote may be a trickster but he'll be shortsighted, you however will be able to wisely decide what will be better for yourself and your friends." With that the Fox smiled, and he too accepted his gift with pride and responsibility.~

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
One of my characters is carried over from one of the roleplay servers. (Not literally of course, I'm merely creating him again) He has a somewhat unorthadox history if I were to ask someone here to help me allow his history to make more "sense" within the lore of Azaroth would this be allright? I do realize that it might raise a few red flags here so I'm willing to do all I can so that his transition is as painless as possible while still keeping some of the core elements of his story intact.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.

As for your character, if you have any lore questions feel free to ask them on our forums. If you want, you could post the character's profile under the workshop from there it can receive appropriate feedback. Good luck!
Welcome! I like the pacifist roleplay, I use to roleplay like that but on this server I've tryed more things and have roleplayed mostly everything. Goodluck with the character, if you need some help just pm me, I have a lot of freetime. I can help with all race lore except, dwarves, and gnomes. Never liked roleplaying as them. :)