Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dookie89`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
First of all: Hello. Well let's get this going:
I've been playing WoW since just before the Burning Crusade launch. I still play retail occasionally, but in the past 2 years my playing time was mostly been divided among the various private servers available. I've played every class there is (except rogue, I never liked them in any game), and I consider myself a skilled player (even a monkey would be skilled if he spent as much time as i did). So far I played WoW for the gaming experience, now I find myself more interested in it's social part. I favored melee characters so far, but I'm thinking of playing a ranged/caster character now, just to get myself even more out of my "comfort zone".

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the small country of Serbia. Just to spare you from Google-ing it I'll say it's in the south-eastern part of Europe. My primary language is Serbian, but I speak English rather well. Never had any complaints about it.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, after playing Warcraft II and Warcraft III, i was already familiar with Warcraft lore, and i liked it. I started watching some of my friends, and one of them allowed me to make a character on his account. It was a Tauren warrior which never got to level 10. Then I got my own account because I wanted to play with them, and I've been doing it ever since.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Google for the win! A few days before my last retail subscription expired i started a character on Steamwheedle Cartel server (a RP server), because i really wanted to roleplay. I never roleplayed before, and I am very eager to try it. I always felt the need to express my creative side (writing, acting.....) and i feel this will be a nice challenge for me. You were the top result on Google, and after i red through the forum i was taken by your attention to details. That pretty much sealed the deal, because I'm a pretty detail-oriented person.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Well i lack the experience in roleplaying, so I really don't have any preferences. But i would like to experience some action-oriented roleplay. Something that has a story, or includes a bigger group of players (not less than 10, but not too much either).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Dwarf Warrior!!!! I'm sentimentally attached to it. I always liked dwarfs, and i played them in every game that had them. Also my main char on retail is one, and i learned WoW while playing it. I'm not likely to roleplay one here, because ( like i said before) i want to go out of my comfort zone a bit, to make the challenge of roleplaying a bigger sensation for myself.

What are your expectations of this server?:
No real expectations. I just want to have fun with some new people. My only concern is if i will find people to roleplay with, considering I'm a newbie roleplayer. But i believe that if i find someone to teach me, i will master it fast enough. I would really like to find a guild of nice people with whom i could roleplay and have fun OOC too.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Tolerance for sure. I can't tell you how much intolerant people stress me out. They act like it's their life at stake with every minor thing that comes up, and tend to overreact just so they can put down people for no good reason. I'm one to make jokes on other people's account, and also take them on mine (or make them myself), but you have to know the limit. I once played on a private server, and my main character had A LOT of gold. I had a level 10 character, which i used to go around whispering people in mid levels for any kind of help, and i rewarded anyone that helped me with a hefty amount of gold, just because they were nice enough to answer a simple question, or something like that. I'm gonna stop now before i start to troll, because I'm really sensitive about this topic.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Mist has descended upon the lake. A small boat is slowly floating towards the island. One shadowy figure stands on the stern of the boat, gazing into the dense fog. As the boat glides silently, driven by a mystical force, the sounds of the forest echo through the night. With a scratching sound, the boat finally lands on the islands rocky beach. A big cave, surrounded by century-old vines shows it's face. The mysterious man jumps down and starts pacing into it's darkness.
After only a few steps into the cave, the man sees a room fully lit by torches, just deep enough to be invisible from the outside. He hurries towards it, but before he was able to reach it, a loud, deep voice breaks the silence.
"Who dares enter the Cave of Secrets!? Leave now, or be destroyed!"
Without showing even a hint of fear, the man continues walking deeper into the cave. Just before he entered the room, a huge horned demon steps in front of him with his flaming blade ready to strike.
"You cannot stop me demon, the ancient secrets are mine!"
He mutters a few words in some forgotten language, and makes a whirling motion with his hand. The demon screams in agony, but only for a few seconds, then his screams turn into a hideous laughter which shakes the earth beneath them.
"Hahahahaha, your pitiful incantations cannot hurt me. Now prepare to meet my master!"
The demon grabs him and throws him into the stone wall. The arcanist draws his staff and prepares himself for battle.
For five hours the forest echoed with the sounds of battle. And after the first light broke over the horizon, the dark magician reigned supreme. Beaten up, bleeding, and barely able to walk, he finally managed to reach the room. A single, golden pillar stood in the middle of the room with a small scroll on it. With a golden gleam in his eyes, the man approached it with a satisfied smile on his face. He picks it up and reads it silently.
"HAHAHAHA, finally! After years of searching i finally have the recipe for the hottest chilly beans in the world!!!!!"
(Man likes his chilly beans, what can i say *insert big smiley here*)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope i wasn't too short, or too long. I tried to find the middle. Also sorry if the story isn't that good, i never could write my best stuff on request.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.
Rofl nice story, loved the ending. Another cool thing is my best friends from Serbia so that's cool, anyway yeah. Story was all serious then bam, all for some yummy chilly beans. :)