Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Daedre`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, first things first. My name is Anna and I currently live in Michigan, USA. I am 19 a huge gamer/rper and am constantly looking for new things to try. I am a simple human with simple tastes and am never able to resist helping someone out even if they are complete strangers.

I have a very "bright" I guess I can say, view of the world. Optimist extraordinaire! I will always point out good before bad. But I am not ignorant to the negative either. However, focusing on the good at least, at least in my opinion, is the best way to solve problems and make solutions to everything that life can offer.

I will almost always give what I have to those who need it and make time in my schedule for everyone that I can. I am soft spoken about some things but can be a professional debater if it is a topic that I have my heart set in. I am never cruel however and will admit when I am wrong. As long as everything leads to all parties happy them I am happy.

It is because of these reasons why I enjoy playing the healer in any rp groups that I join.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States of America. My language is English. NOT "American". I speak as well as I can so I can make sure everything is understood and everyone is happy.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I haven't gotten into it really if I think about it. However I have become extremely interested in it. A friend of mine plays it in the company's main servers and got me hooked on gameplay alone. That gave me the taste and I ended up looking for a WoW rp. I tried a table top but it never seemed to work out. When I heard of you all from a friend I rushed over here immediately. I am very excited to get started.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Your server was referred to me by an existing player of yours and a friend of mine. Like I stated in the previous question I have been searching far and wide for something like this and now I have found it. I want to play an mmoRPg for a reason.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy every single role play that there is to experience. Good, bad, innocent, not so innocent, and down right strange. Creepy passage ways that lead into a trap ridden treasure room or a simple day of sitting back and making something with friends around a fire. The dramatics of battle that make your adrenaline rush and the soothing calmness of sharing stories with loved ones. Every little thing can lead to a new lesson and another story to tell. Ideas pop up and things arise that I would never have known of otherwise. I am young still and will make sure to live life to the fullest that I can. I see no better way of doing so than coming here where life can be experienced in all new ways.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have no race that I enjoy more than the other but I do however favor classes that are healer/buffers. As I said before I am a helper. I can lead if the situation calls for it but I am the kind of person who sits in the back and helps the party. I want to be able to go into a party and know that if one of them gets knocked down I can help pick them back up and we can win together. I know it sounds rather corny but I view the world in much this way.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I am expecting a fun and excitement that can be had through mutual enjoyment of delving into a different world. The kind of fun that can only be had by casting spells and sitting around in a tavern.

Your rules and faqs page told me exactly what I wanted to hear as well. Respect and willingness to compromise. Every little thing that will make it an excellent experience.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The one that will always make the top of my list is respect. We are not pixels in a video game we are players across the world sitting at keyboards in front of monitors. We are here to play and have fun and someone who is insulting and rude just ruins it for everyone else.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Daedre stretched with a long and soft yawn. The morning had come once again to shine through her window and wake her up to seize the day. All seizing however would have to wait until after the young healer was awake and alert. She was a rather heavy sleeper after all. Waking up from a rock like state was not instantly done.

She started with the usual morning of brushing her red bobbed hair. The girl keeps it shorter than most as she hates to have it in her face while she works. It would be absolutely dreadful to try and heal while pushing your hair from your face! After it was in neat order she donned her usual garb of long white robes and headed downstairs.

The tavern she lived in was smaller than most but very welcoming. After a greeting to the short, bald, and bearded man behind by the name of Jorgothis the counter she sat at the bar with her usual upbeat grin. Her usual fruit mixed drink and bowl of beef stew. She adored this stew that good old Jorgo made. They spoke fore some time and she explained what her plans were for the day. When breakfast was over the young healer hopped off the stool, went around the counter to give the man his hug and a kiss on his shiny head, then left out the door to begin her day.

Today's plan would be random checkups on people who needed some healing done. She didn't charge for her healing so most of the "professionals" didn't appreciate her. Because of this she has to go around in secret and heal those who cannot afford others and service their wounds. Today she had a list of three people she gathered throughout the week and planned to visit them.

The first one was an elderly woman by the name of Delinda. She was a cook at one of the local eateries and had burned her hand rather badly with a the combination of fire and lard. So badly in fact that she couldn't use it without pain and was without work because of it.

When Daedre popped her head in the door she gave a secret grin and shut it again with an almost silent click. They had spoken before and Delinda had been waiting very patiently for her to arrive. Because of her situation it was a few days but the old woman understood why.

After setting out her herbs and mixing her medicines the young red head went to work immediately. After some time passed the work was done and she was already on her way to the next house, leaving Delinda with medicine instructions and a warm hug.

Her next patient was a boy just younger than her who had broken his arm doing what boys do. This one she met yesterday and made sure to come quickly. A broken bone that didn't mend properly was a life long curse. Repeating her sneaky entrance.

This healing did not require herbs as much as brute force. Giving him something for the pain she, and a family member, snapped the bones back into alignment with a rather violent jerk. The boy had a smile on his face however as the drug she used was very effective.

The healing here took about 4 hours to complete as it had to be in sequences, with breaks for the caster of course, and turned out wonderfully. She refused the family's coin of course but they insisted on something. She walked out of that particular house with a big smile and some warm baked goods that she was going to share with her next patient.

The next house was Chiha. A little girl who caught a sickness of the lungs. This one in particular had touched the healer as she watched the cute little girl try to play with the other children but fall behind panting for air. When she arrived finally the red head knocked on the door with an uplifting beat. A middle aged woman opened the door to great her.

"Greetings miss. I am here to see Chiha for her illness." Her voice chimed with positive thoughts. The girl seemed to radiate smile rays.

"Yes of course, come in." The woman's reply came in en equally bright tone. And why shouldn't she be happy? The healer was finally here. Daedre gave her a respectful bow and followed her through the house. It was simple and kind of small but it made Daedre smile. Everything was hand made by a family member as could be told by the signatures. [To Papa from Chiha] was carved into a piece of wood that was attached to a clay mug. It was a bit awkward looking but it was the thought that counted as always.

They arrived at Chiha's room after their trek to be greeted by the beaming child of no more than 7. "Mama! Miss Dri-Dri!" Her little voice rang out with her excitement. Deadre took the little one's hand and led her to the bed.

"Hello there little Chiha. Sit here would you? It will make things easier." The mother approached them both with a sad smile aimed towards her daughter. Her expression changed back to the happy that it previously was when she addressed Daedre again. "Would you care for something to drink or eat while you work?"

The healer asked for something with fruit with a swift thank you before putting her attention on Chiha. "Now then. I have something here for you." She lifted the small satchel of sugary baked goods. The girl's face lit up even more than it already was. "Wow Miss Dri-Dri! For me?"

A jingling laughter came from the healer as she nodded. "Yeppers. It sure is. But there is a catch. You have to be good and listen to everything I say. Can you do that?" When the child nodded vigorously she grinned. "Then lets begin. Lift up your shirt for me dove." The girl did as was asked and Daedre placed a careful hand on her small stomach and one on her chest. "Take a deep breath." The healer closed her eyes as she tried to sense what the illness was. When she found nothing Daedre sat back a moment and thought.

It was several hours later when she finally had her needed revelation. Something physical was actually inside her lungs. That is why there was no wide spread illness to be found by her magic. Whatever it was it was an easy fix. Laying the girl down on the bed she replaced her hands and got to work. It was a simple matter of instructing the girl's body to break down whatever is there and absorb it.

She found out through this process that is was ash and charred wood bits that the girl had breathed in days before at a family event with a large bon fire. With the fragments gone, Chiha with her cookies, and Daedre with a smile on her face she headed out the door quickly. She planned to come by later on to check up on her but for now she had so many things planned and was going to make the best of the day she had left!

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.
Really, I mean really good story. Brought a smile to my face, great story. Happy to have another good roleplayer on the server. The details were really vivid and I could definitely tell that Daedre is a really nice person. Something good really, I've not seen many priests roleplayed to the effect that she had on her patients. Really good and nice. So as said before, Welcome!