Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Arterial`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello there.

Arterial's the name, and I'm old enough to be considered an adult, but young enough to still be considered a minor.

I'm an avid gamer, writer, and theatre actor by night, and a banker, college student, and average joe by day. I've become particularly fond of MMO games these days as I've been channeling most of my game time to things like League of Legends, Alliance of Valiant Arms and Sword of the New World to name a few, but the occasional strategy game would oftentimes surface whenever the game's servers are down.

I'm also an avid roleplayer online. Over on the deviantArt chatrooms, I've been a regular roleplayer for three years now, and for that, I've already achieved modship in the biggest RP chatrooms deviantArt has to offer. Though I haven't received much inspiration to do any roleplaying lately, perhaps actually being a living and breathing character within a world could perhaps help my chances.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in Japan, raised in the Philippines, and now I reside in Texas. I can neither speak Japanese, nor fluent Tagalog and I oftentimes surprise most people with my English. That being said, English is and always will be my first language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
To be honest, I never got into Warcraft for Warcraft. I got into Warcraft for one of the games that was built off the Warcraft engine. It all started with a game known as Defense of the Ancients, or DotA as most people would call it. It is a generally known fact that Filipinos in general LOVE DotA with a passion, and that "love" was passed onto me by my friends.

However, after getting myself immersed in the DotA rage, I decided to try Warcraft out for itself. I was never any good at the Blizzard strategy games (Starcraft was particularly taxing...) and Warcraft was certainly nothing easy for me either. But eventually, I learned the "whosyourdaddy" cheat and pretty much skimmed over the campaign. I fell in love with the story from there. No matter what people tell me, and how much they hate the man, Arthas will always be my favorite character.

I then decided to try WoW after my friends INCESSANTLY encouraged me to join them. I was hooked. From then on, I've played WoW on and off, whenever I saw a good opportunity to do so (I.E. Finding a good private server rofl.).

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I've played on numerous private servers in my "WoW Career". However, I've never really tried a full blown RP server. When an RP friend of mine told me about it, I thought I would give this place a try. After all, I always wanted to give my Paladins an RP life, rather than just imagine them doing great things whilst grinding.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I do almost any kind of RP. Action, adventure, comedy, romance, you name it. In my time as an RPer, I've roleplayed with demons, dragons, vampires, lycanthropes, and the like and put them in situations that called for cold steel or warm bedsheets (Heads... out of the gutter. Now.). However, I've always been a sucker for an action-y romance kind of RP. The kind where a valiant knight would slay dragons for a princess, or where a sorceror would find the most powerful spell to bring back his loved one.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I've always always ALWAYS looked up to the Paladins, especially the Human Paladins. A Human Paladin is a Paladin done right in my opinion. With the exception of a few WoW characters and an elf over there, all of my original roleplay characters are human. I always liked human characters because of their spirit. Humans can only do so much, yet in the face of adversity, with enough will and determination, they can even change the world as they know it. The reason I chose the Paladin amongst all others is for their code of honor. Call me old-fashioned, but I adhere to chivalry, or at least its most key points. I've always wanted to be one of the "good guys" who fought for those who cannot fight, give to those who cannot give, and help those who are in need of it. Paladins always adhere to this, and for that, I will never lose interest in them.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect and hope for a lot of roleplaying. I want to get back to writing again!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The keyboard skills section in the rule list made me laugh a bit. As I mentioned earlier, I was a moderator in a bunch of roleplay chatrooms. Believe me, I know what you guys are talking about. I've seen horrible RP posts, and even more horrible RP characters.

I remember seeing an RPer post "ok" as a full blown RP post... Believe me, I was itching to kick them out of the room for that, but I had no right to do so as there was no restriction for how long or short their posts were.

So yeah, I definitely feel your pain for that rule.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
All was in flames. The once lush and green deciduous forest was brought ablaze by the conflict at hand. What sort of conflict could possibly deal such a destructive plight upon the now miserable forest?

At the epicenter of it all, two men slowly get to their feet. Both men, fully reeling from what has happened try realize the severity of their actions.

Among them, was the Protector himself.

The man, who was once clad in a brilliant armor slowly rose; he was still in pain from the harm dealt to him. His armor was sundered, there it would serve no purpose other than to cover his body, as it wouldn't protect him from anything. His face, showed signs of fatigue, as he breathed deeply. Sweat rolled down his face, adding a burning tinge to each and every one of the cuts he sustained from the battle. With whatever strength he could muster, he turned his head left and right, searching for his weaponry. Beside him lay his valiant arms; Justicia's Brand, and Order's Guard. From where he lay, he reached forth to to get his hand on the hilt of his hallowed blade.

But he was not alone.

Though his body was broken and only propped up by a tree behind him, his will was not. Despite the fact that his forearm was severed from him and his legs were both amputated, there was nothing to stop him from from reaching his horrible staff with whatever limbs he had left. His left hand, though almost fingerless, managed grab hold of his staff. With what little chaotic energies he had left, his body began to repair itself.

Though no one could tell, this man was already dead.

"...Well..." The dismembered man's voice was now but a hollow reverberation; a clear cut sign of fatigue. The man's eyes rolled, trying to get a focus of his surroundings. Before he knew it, his eyes were on the rising man.

"...Tsk. You're a strong... man." Gasps for breath were now interrupting his words.

Upon saying those words, the armor clad warrior was to his feet, slowly walking to the other, while dragging the sword behind him. Fear was suddenly in the eyes of the sorceror. He wasn't healing fast enough.

"...As strong... as you are... Paladin... you still cannot save... the world..."

His fingers were now back in place on his remaining hand. Gripping the staff before him, he pointed it at his adversary.

"...Especially... if you can't... save... yourself."

A violet ray emanated from the staff, fully directed at the incoming Paladin. Seeing the attack, he held the only the only thing he had in his hands in front of him. Justicia's Brand was certainly tempered well enough to protect him from most of the harm. But its effects still affected him so. The faces of the men and women who he failed to save all began to haunt him. Though the malefic visions were brief, they all struck true. It brought the Paladin down to his knees, with the sword dug into the earth.

"N-no..."

The men, women, children. All of them, pointing at him; sneering at his failure.

"You let us die!"

"You failed us!"

"Why did you allow it to happen?!"

All of them, the chorus of the fallen, began to shout, scream, and bellow at him. And there he was, helpless to stop them.

"...Light... save me..."

His body became limp, his grip was weakening, his strength was abandoning him. The visions of the fallen are still berating him!

"YOU ARE A FAILURE!"

"YOU CANNOT SAVE ANYONE!"

"YOU WILL JOIN US!"

"...No... I will not!" His mind was weary, but his will was not.

"YOU ARE WEAK!"

"YOU WILL PERISH!"

"YOU WILL-" But before they could finish, his will held on.

"I WILL NOT!"

With a resolute swing, he cleaved through the visions of the dead, clearing them from his mind. His grip was strong, but loose, allowing the sword to fly from his hands. To the sorceror's misfortune, it plunged into his heart. His dismay could be seen in his eyes, and the gasps of breath his body needed. The sword through his chest was the last thing he would ever see in his life, before he would finally breathe his last.

Though the Paladin stood there as the victor, also dumbfounded by the end result, fatigue would now consume him. The battle was over, he could finally rest.

Without a moment to lose, he blacked out. His life is now teetering on a knife's edge. Whether or not he would live or die, is up to fortune now.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I do hope this WoW experience would be different compared to what the other WoW private servers I've been on would offer. I look forward to finding out!
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.