Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Shooteroo`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Darren, and I've been RPing since the earlier part of the year of 1997. I'm currently attending college, a former United States Marine (though you NEVER stop being a Marine!) and I enjoy RPing and drawing things related to it. :]

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the United States and English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into the WORLD of Warcraft back in 2006 as my best friend and I were searching for a good MMORPG that was fun, had a great selection of race and classes to choose from, and had an even greater storyline & progression. At the time, we had been RPing for about a decade, though it was through a different means than MMO's. When we discovered that people actually RPed on WoW, we were hooked!

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I Google'd 'wow private rp servers' and this one is the first that popped up. However, I didn't bother looking for another once I started really looking into this one and reading all the information posted on the site. This server doesn't allow just ANY-body to join. That's one thing that reaaaally catches my attention, as the thought of joining a server that's no better than the retail game when it comes to being crammed with idiots... makes me cringe!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've always enjoyed the more social aspects of RP, as far as meeting new friends, and growing the actual number of friends my character has over the course of time... It really opens a lot of doors for RP once your character has established themself and taken on a number of companions. Planned events such as parties, or a group to go explore lost and forgotten civilizations all makes the experience really worthwhile.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is the Tauren, hands down! Having quite a bit of history with the Horde, being the Orcs' old and powerful ally, and ranking as one of the oldest races among those now present on Azeroth... they prove to be quite interesting, rich with detail, and very fun to RP. Adopting heavily from the tribal characteristics of real-life Native Americans also promises a great sense of wisedom and spirituality when used in role-play scenarios. I'm not exactly sure if I -have- a favorite class, as I've tried and levelled each one in World of Warcraft, but... I think the Warrior class is one of the most diverse when used for RP. They can wear every armor type in the game, and wield every weapon! They can be used to RP as mercenaries, guardsmen, pirates, or anything the imagination can conjure.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I don't expect the server to have a player-base aaaanything resembling a retail game server (though I have been surprised before!), though I don't think that's much of an issue. Quantity is always nice... but not if it overwhelms the actual quality of the RPers that occupy the server. I expect the staff to be of good quality and to enforce their rules strictly and without bias, as well.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule of Humility is my favorite, I believe. One reason, is that it's just not mentioned often enough, and remembered even less. One thing that I have certainly learned through all my years in RP is... most people want their characters to be the best at everything. They want to be the biggest, the strongest, the smartest, and always the most attractive. Alot of people don't realize that whiel those things would be great qualities to have, they can make things grow so very stale, and very uninteresting.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Heavy rain poured down in thick sheets upon a small, coastal town tucked away someplace in the far reaches of Azeroth. A hooded figure sits outside the town's tavern atop an old, weathered tree stump that had likely seated hundreds of travellers in it's day. Every so often, the lazy glow of a lit cigarette would permeate from the total darkness that filled the creature's hood as it took a drag. Suddenly, the shutters keeping the rain outside of the building fly open, and the distinct voice of a male troll would be heard as his lifted his voice for the one outside to hear amidst all that horrendous tropical downpour. " 'eeey! Ya food'z reddeh!" Taking one last drag of her cigarette, the figure would flick the spent remnants of the rolled-up parchment off into the distance and peel that utterly soaked hood back from her face. The human femme's features weren't unaverage, nor was her beauty breath-taking. She was a fighter. A killer.. though she still had time for more mundane, cosmetic things. Dark makeup that still clings about her eyes and those full, kissable lips started to drain along the sides of her face and down that wonderfully-angled jaw as she canted her head back, closed her eyes, and let the rainstorm pelt her unshielded face. The woman's hair wasn't in danger of being sullied, as most of it had been shaved, saved for a lengthy top-knot kept neatly and tightly bound near the root of her scalp. " 'ey! Quit playin' in da' rain an' get'cha suppah! S'gettin' coooold!!" Again, the troll's voice would crack out against the rain and the night from that window. "Get some patience, would ya??" The woman's voice carried about it the weight of a troubled life, and even a troubled past. The tone in her voice suggested experience, and age-- no longer a child in anyone's eyes. Those darkened 'lids would peel away once she'd dropped her head again; revealing dark, chocolatey shades that presented a wealth of malice and distrust to any that would be caught in their path. "Ah well..." She mutters, giving a smile up at the rain one last time before she lets loose a faint sigh and trots into the tavern to her awaiting meal.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I don't have any questions or comments at this time! =)
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.