Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rensin's Thought's On Various Things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright. First thing I wanna bring up.

Profiles. I really don't mind when people are constructive, and try to help others with their profiles, providing tips with grammar, letting someone know that they need to add a little more. And really, I encourage people to help out with the lore stuff, since not everyone knows everything about WoW.

However, there is a trend lately that I've noticed. What the hell is up with people posting in profiles about how "Cool" they think they are, or something equally as meaningless or silly? I mean really, people make their profiles to be unique, and cool, and to be something that is looked at. I mean, it's the main description for -your- character, you want it to sound nice.

But, the reason I say this, is because it's another way of bumping. If you move someone's profile, it means that it will get checked LATER. When we check profiles, we start from the BOTTOM, and work our ways up. It's only fair.

So the next time someone posts "lol nice story" or "wow the GM's need to get on this one", it shouldn't be me that's ready to call them out, it should be YOU.
Alright. Here is the second part. The introduction areas are designed for two reasons. Vouching, and welcoming people to the server. There is nothing wrong with saying "Hi, how's it going, I share similar interests, blahblah", but when it comes down to it, it's really a pain when people chatter back and forth constantly in it. It's not -too- bad yet, but it's something that I see probably getting progressivly worse. It just really makes it a pain in the arse when looking for someone's vouches.
I think it's worth mentioning that both of these issues can be solved very easily if you use the forum PM system. Want to tell someone how much you liked reading their profile? PM them. Want to discuss what key you play "Sweet Home Chicago" in on the piano, and which brand of baby grand is the best? PM them.
Wow what a cool post!