Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Soulstone, and self ressurection.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
Just thought I'd ask the opinions of people, and of the GM's, what they think of IC use of the soul-stone, and the shaman's self resurrection spell. While I've seen and agreed that if you have the spell in game, you have it IC, I can imagine that it could be abused. Just to kind of clarify for myself, for my own warlock, Self resurrection is possible with a soul-stone, but it would have the same drawbacks as a resurrection by a healer, such as the huge fatigue, the huge amount of magic needed to perform the spell, and the permanent debilitations of your character such as a permanent injury or impairment. Also, it would take a good amount of time to create, and would almost need foresight into knowing you could die, as it would take too long to use mid battle, but would be impossible for it not to deteriorate if one were to keep it 24/7 as a fail-safe to character death. This sound about right?
I'm pretty sure it works. I've had a character reincarnate and no GM complained. Soul-stone might be different, but I highly doubt this.
While I'm not 100% sure on what we've decided for carrying soulstones and the reagents for reincarnation. Generally you're able to create soulstones with not too much time, but it would be painful and tiring. As for using the item it would leave in a critical condition. Not only would the soul be weak but also the body would generally be in the same condition as it was when it was killed. (of course most fatal wounds would of cleared up by the time you used the stone) and past the immediate effect, the permanent effects would be harsher due to the damage the body has been put thought with such minimal healing.

And if you do icly have a soulstones, be sure to state it before anything combat oriented happens lest you be accused of godmodding or some such.