Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Eliade`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I come from a family of gamers; in fact, my first memory is playing Candyland with my parents. Tabletops and RP's have never been much of my thing, but lately I have become very fascinated by the ideal behind them.

As far as WoW goes, I've been playing on and off again since /almost/ vanilla. I've been able to get along with almost everyone I've grouped with, save a few rotten-apples (which is to be expected).

I'm not used to introducing myself in this manner, so please excuse any indiscretions I may create. Also, if this application does not go well, please do not just dismiss me. I'd love for criticism and feedback, if that is an option.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the United States of America; more specifically I live and was born in Texas.

Being a liberal sissy in a big-time conservative state has been a blast, I can assure you. Let's hope sarcasm can be translated via these tiny boxes :P

My primary language is English, however I do hail from Texas, so of course I also speak a bit of Spanish. I may not be fluent, but I can definitely help you order from a Taco Bell. :D

How did you get into Warcraft?:
When I was living with my cousin he was always playing the original Warcraft. I was about three years younger than him, and so I didn't quite understand the game as well as he did.

But the intensity he exuded while playing seeped over to me, and I quickly started picking up on it day by day. After a while I was able to last more than five minutes, and I have been hooked since then.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I've played retail-wow for a long time, and I've played private servers for even longer. What stops me from enjoying the game to it's full extent is, and will always be the maturity level of the players.

When I play a game, or visit an online community I expect to be amongst those that share my interests and/or at least share a common decency with me. However, over the years I have found a vast schism between ~mature~ gamers and the newer, more annoying trollish players.

Not to sound like Papa Atari, but it devastates me to see the current state of gaming. What happened to mutual respect and camaraderie?

Oh my, I have gone completely off-subject. I found this server by asking for a mature, RP based WoW private server that did not cater to memes and trollish children.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
To be honest, I haven't RP'd since c.a. 1998. However, if I had to pick a specific interest (which, I have never been very keen on) I'd have to say it's a combination.

I love back stories, the history and substance that can be created by a group of people.

I feel that in order to be completely immersed in a character there has to be a sense of depth and validity, not just fighting and conflict: ie "**I unsheathe my sword and deflect your Kamehameha!**".

To me that style of RP is valid, yet totally lacking in the spirit of gameplay. I want to be emotionally invested in vivid plots and to be excited as to where the story will end.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I've always been accustomed to playing a Troll Shaman. The fact that they (Trolls) are able to understand elemental forces on an intense level yet be so base has always interested me.

I'd elaborate, but I hope that gets my point across.

What are your expectations of this server?:
It's been addressed in the previous questions, but I may as well reiterate.

I expect a mature, RP heavy server that caters to a community rather than "PWNAGE" and "Donorz Gearz".

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
This is a sort of odd question, but it is mandatory so I will answer.

The Tolerance rule appeals to me the most because it/"you" specifically mentioned sexual orientation. It is rare to find a TOS or even a rules/regulations standard that mentions sexual orientation or anything of the sort.

This leads me to believe that the rules are fine tuned and have been heavily though about and debated. What more can I ask for?

So far this seems like a server that treats all with respect and looks at issues from everyone's perspective.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Oh, well the description of this left me with a few questions. Are you looking for any example of fiction or pure-RP standard?

I'll just assume you want an example of narrative, and I'll provide my latest written piece.

Be forewarned of slight language/suggestive themes. I know that the rules are specific against the above-mentioned, but I feel this accurately represents myself as a writer (and thus, an RP'er).

-------------------------------------------------------

"The Beast stumbled in, drunk as f**k and looking for a show. I glanced to the left and saw Isaac grinning; he never faltered in his apathy.

I noticed that the The Beast carried a lack of food and drink; this indicated not a refreshing visit, but more so a lesson. One that he sought fit to teach.

Lurching to the bottom of the basement stairs and finally collapsing into an adjacent couch, we were ready minded and available for his schedule. We had no other choice, and it's not as if we had another event to attend.

"You are my boy.. my boys, and I don't understand why you behave the way you do. I mean, we live and... I'm just saying, the family leads to dea-dea - definite ends, you know?".

He splurged this epithet, one indicative of his inebriation and I knew to avoid it. Isaac, however did not feel the same way. He was always the rebellious one, the brother that sought out conflict like a heat seeking missile.

I wished for a peaceful respite and existence, yet he seemed to chase after fireworks and the unforeseeable existence of us.

The Beast tapped his bottle in response, grasping at the finite-minute bit of ethanol trapped in the fancy bottle labeled "Spumante". To an observer it was ironic, a sentiment or remainder of American culture. But to me it represented what was to be, and what was.

Isaac and me, we were inseparable. The only inequality was that I succumbed to his opinion more so than his to mine. "

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Naw, hopefully there will be no problems with my application.

I'd love to be accepted in to this community, however I also realize that I'm a bit on the fringe when it comes to RP.

I can assure you that if I'm accepted I will be nothing but respectful to the userbase and admins within.

Thanks for your time!
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.