Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Icetalon`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
As a player I make decisions that will improve mine -and others' -gaming experiences. I learn quickly and use what I learn effectively in almost no time at all. I like the lore aspect of most games (providing they have a lore worth looking into), especially WoW. I have recently taken up an interest in RP, and the dedicated servers within Blizzard just don't seem to appeal to my interest.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the United States, and my primary language is thus English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Surprisingly, I used to be irked by even the mention of Warcraft. It was something that bothered me because I did in fact think it was too 'nerdy'. After giving it a try I was instantly addicted and even began looking into other game genres I would otherwise thing distasteful. Such as table top games (DnD to be more specific.). So I do know the RP game very well, as my DMs normally require the characters to be played as their personalities would push them.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I wanted to see if there were free RP servers. I noticed that free servers are far more into what they are dedicated to than the categorized realms in retail WoW. Such as PvP servers. I've played a couple Free ones an they were strictly PvP and it just felt nice to have that tunnel vision in a server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
To be honest, all of it. I love interacting socially in a large crowd, or perhaps adventuring with a party of 2 or more. Combat also appeals to me even. I'm a well-rounded RPer.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is easily the Tauren. They share so much with Native Americans that it's something easy to relate to. Also their bestial appearance yet peaceful disposition. They are kind-hearted, but at the same time they are terrifying if you invoke their wrath. Physically the strongest of the races that compromise the Horde, they appeal to my powerful, twin personality. As far as classes go, I can't decide. Whether it's the long-range Hunter, the spiritual Shaman, or the barbaric Warrior, they all have their own respective personalities and traits.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect a fun, enjoyable RP experience that retail WoW simply cannot offer me. Simply put. I want to be in another world with a different personality, or maybe even one matching my own. Who knows, the limits of RP are simply the limits of your imagination.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
A lot of them sit well with me. You demand maturity, respect, and a defined system of OCC/IC. Also competence with a keyboard is something I enjoy, I despise shorthand typing unless it's a simple acronym (LFG, OCC, IC, etc.).

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Gurok's heavy frame made the deck of the zeppelin groan from strain.

"Shoddy gobin machine." he huffs, not caring to hide his distaste for the racially unstable creatures.

"Gurok, show some restraint. We are not alone, you know." stated Krog. Even in the gaps of his heavy plate armor, his green muscles rippled. Always tensed.

"Orc, if I wanted a word from you, I'd have asked for it." The Tauren shifted in place, still humiliated by his earlier defeat.

Krog shook his head, his knotted, ashen beard dangling beneath his chin. "You know, Tauren aren't known for this kind of behavior. You're starting to act like an Orc."

Gurok looked up, shifting around in his leather robes. "Then maybe I've spent too much time around you." He leaned his massive body against the railing of the zeppelin, snorting with contempt as the engine stalls for a moment, kicking back in almost immediately.

Krog coughed, trying to hold back laughter. "You know, Gurok. It was only a Death Knight. I understand your dislike for them, but he served the Ebon Blade. He's of no danger to the Horde."

Gurok looked up, standing to his full height, a towering seven foot three. "They are still not of this plane. They are dead, the are SCOURGE! He showed no respect for me, and only toyed with me during our exchange."

The Orc chuckled, a gruff, deep throated grunting more like. "My people call what you two had an 'exhange'. You showed no respect in accusing him of being evil. There was no patience. You just struck at him with that wild magic of yours. Which, may I say, could use some work."

Gurok's anger flared at the joke of his skill. Not a Druid of his 80th season, Gurok still held a firm will over the Druidic magics. The moon's pale glow seemed to shine even more brightly, moreso on Gurok. "Watch yourself Orc. I may not have been able to best that Scourge knight, but I can surely overcome you."

"Druid! Keep that magic in your robes! Not on my ship!" shouted the zeppelin's captain. "I have no problem tossing you off the side. That's a long fall to Durotar's red rocks." The voice was shrill, but it demanded a sort of respect. The small green creature shot Gurok a piercing gaze with his impish yellow eyes and turned back to his work.

"I tell you what. After we get to Tirisfal, I'll give you a duel. Maybe a nice fight will get the lead out of your step." offered Krog. He closed his brown eyes and leaned back against the railng, taking a deep breath.

"I hope you've many elixirs in your bag, Orc. You'll need them." threatened Gurok.

Krog only scoffed and found himself falling into slumber.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I just would like to know when I could expect to hear from you.
Welcome!