Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: levelhead`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been searching for a roleplay private server for a while, so this would be my first. I have roleplayed on WoW before, but that was always back on the older servers that got kicked a while back. To be completely honest I don't think I have wonderful roleplay skills, but I do find it fun and entertaining. Glad to have found a literate roleplay server.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the U.S. and I speak primarily English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started off playing just for the quests on my older brother's account on Blizzard's WoW servers, but eventually I found private servers and left Blizz WoW. I'd been roleplaying on other RPG and RP games and forums for a long time and had gotten into more literate roleplays when I 'grew up', I suppose.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I'd been playing all the blizzlike or fun realms for a while, but eventually wanted to get back into the wonderful roleplay aspct of WoW. Who wouldn't want to run around as a mystical character who runs around with other mystical characters, all of which doing less than mystical things? Anyways, I pretty much did a yahoo search, and here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy hunt roleplays in just a pair for more engaging roleplay. It's hard to roleplay when there are too many people to pay attention to. Action and danger roleplays would have to be my second favorite, simply because, like everyone else every nw and then, I like angst. Sometimes it gets annoying, but other times it's a major pain killer.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
As of now, probably Blood Elves and/or Night Elves.(but when Cataclysm hits the shelves, Worgen will be added to my favorite races.) I like the blood elves and night elves for their grace and beauty. When I look at these races, I see such beautiful characters with beautiful colors and graphics.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'd like to find a small group of literate roleplayers that I could grow to really know. Hopefully I won't feel like a stranger for too long... That feeling of being given the cold shoulder is just awful.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the rules on Mary-Sues. World of Warcraft is meant to be a mystical place, where the everyday 'Bob' or 'Sally' is rarely seen. Also Character Developement rules are wonderful. I hope to find some good and interesting characters to roleplay with.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The petite feet of a woman would slowly shuffle through the darkened grasses of a once beautiful place. Her pale skin had a tint of lavender to it and her long green hair braided into a long, swaying rope. Her bright blue eyes shifted upward to look at the burned remains of the beautiful tree that once stood in Teldrassil, a landmark to those who had lived as ones with nature for their whole lifes.
Sadness swept her features as the Druid Night Elf would fall to her knees, digging her hands into the piles of ash covering the ground like burning snow. Flecks of the ashes still falling from the darkened sky would stick in her hair. For hours she sat, praying to Elune not for things to get better, but for salvation... in whatever form the great Elune would choose, weather it be her death or simply the promise of something better in the future.
She prayed, but she knew Elune was neither kind, nor gentle and had allowed this to happen to the great Tree. So little point there was in praying to the one who had caused this, that she almost immediately ended her prayers, and left the forsaken place. Nothing could grow, therefore, she had no reason to be there. As the woman walked quickly away, her tiny foot prints in the burning snow would turn to cat prints.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
My story would obviously be set in a future, asuming the great tree burned from some attack. Obviously, it's fake... but it made for a lovely little drabble of sadness, I think. Or, i had fun writing it.
Welcome!