Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Adagio`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I started playing World of Warcraft about two months after Vanilla came out. My first character was a human Paladin. He was on the Dragonblight EU server. I focused mainly on raiding and then towards the end I tried out PvP. A few months after The Burning Crusade came out, I quit the game due to the fact that I had to dedicate my time to other activities and people.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Italy, but my primary language is English. I attended high schools here in Rome my entire life so my primary language is English rather than Italian.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was introduced to Blizzard because some of my friends started playing Starcraft together. I then looked up the company and noticed that they were selling a game called Warcraft III. I immediately fell in love with Azeroth and its stories. I saw that Blizzard was planning to release a MMORPG, and saw the limitless possibilities.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found this server through a simple google search, due to the fact that I was looking for a private server which was exclusively RP. I tried other RP servers, but there are barely an RPers there to begin with and it was a hassle trying to do anything without getting interrupted.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I have tried tavern roleplay, and it was quite pleasant. However the type of roleplay that I would like best is something involving exploration, fighting and action. Perhaps even something with some kind of storyline involving both factions. I love all forms of exploration, I always have great fun simply exploring around with a small group of people.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
On the Alliance side, I like using Dwarves. Their toughness and interest for Archeology are my favorite traits. As for the Horde side, I prefer using Trolls more than any other race, due to the fact that I believe that their tribal culture enhances the savage nature of the Horde by a great deal.

What are your expectations of this server?:
You seem very organized and respectful towards others. Your community also looks pretty solid. Therefore I have great expectations for this server.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule that appeals to me the most is the OOC Drama rule. I used to be a IRC Moderator and Server administrator that used to host many chat rooms for gaming clans and competitions, so I had to periodically deal with similar situations.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Arathroin gazed at the crisp, bright sunlit sky of Anvilmar as he prepared his equipment for his day as a trainee Paladin. As his eyes wandered from cloud to cloud, his mind was trying to assimilate the course of events that had led him to this day.

Arathroin was the only young orphan that grew up in Anvilmar, and as such, he stood out.He always loved gazing at the sky from a tender age, something which is quite odd for a Dwarf, as you would expect them to be more interested on what is beneath them, not above them.. almost as if he was longing for something that he couldn't find on the terrestrial plane. He was also very smart and perceptive of people's thoughts, problems and emotions. It was not seldom that one could notice the young dwarf intently observing others, almost as if he was trying to gaze upon their bare naked souls. Perhaps this ability of his to perceive people's emotions enabled him to be more compassionate towards others which is what led him to meet Vrysth Hammerhaul, a new upcoming Paladin from Stormwind. The Paladin would come often to Anvilmar, and thus the friendship between the young Dwarf and Vrysth blossomed beautifully until they considered each other to be blood brothers. Vrysth was notably famous in the area, he was a headstrong Paladin, as any other, devout in the teachings of the Light and just to all. He loved travelling in the areas around Ironforge and Stormwind, as he would often give words of encouragement to young new adventurers who had started in that area just as he once did.
Vrysth at once noticed the untouched potential that lay within Arathroin, he saw that the young Dwarf was not just a simple civillian. Therefore in his years of youth, Arathroin lived under the watchful care of Vrysth, who even when he was called away from his land for missions, would always make sure that Arathroin always had what he needed. Half a season before Arathroin's coming of age, where he could choose what to make of his life, Vrysth was called away to lead an expedition of Gnome engineers to Northrend for the war effort. Before leaving, he told Arathroin that he would tell him something very important on his return.
As the months passed, no news came of Vrysth's expedition. It was reported that the ship that was supposed to take him to Northrend had successfully departed from Stormwind Bay, but no news had reached the shores of Northrend of their arrival. Something had clearly gone wrong in between. On the day of his coming of age, Arathroin was greeted by two young trainee paladins from Stormwind, who were also former students of the missing Vrysth. They had said Vrysth had left a set of tasks to be done if he had gone missing or died during one of his missions.
Arathroin was devastated from the news. He felt so powerless at the face of what was happening to him. He had finally thought that he had found the true meaning to the word "family" but it was ripped once more from him. As he lay in his hut in the mountains, he opened the last letter that was left by Vrysth to be sent to Arathroin. In the letter lay two documents, one was a will from Vrysth stating the potential that Arathroin had to become a Paladin and that he would vouch for him if Arathroin ever wished to join the Argent Crusade. The other document, was a tattered old piece of parchment that seemed like it had gone through many winters. After closer inspection, the young Dwarf seemed to make out the characteristic symbols of Ironforge. Apparently the document was a report written by a patrolling squad of Ironforge Riflemen that were ordered to guard the path from Ironforge to Anvilmar. The report stated that a pair of Dwarves, a male and a female, were seen carrying some sort of object covered in leather and blankets hurrily across the mountain path. According to their attire, they seemed to belong to the Explorer's League. On the report, Arathroin noticed that Vrysth had marked this detail and had scribbled something.. it read "Secret".
All the events that happened in the last year abruptly changed Arathroin, as he was now faced with two tasks. Will he prioritize honoring his mentor's memory by training in the ways of the Paladin or will he decide to investigate the Explorer's League to find out more about his roots and ancestry?

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I really don't have anything else to add other than that I hope I'll be accepted.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.