Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: VIDIWELL10`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I like to explore and quest - which is the largest part of the game. However, I like to link these factors into my "characters" continually evolving backstory as my characters and I are always closely linked through interest. For example; I am fascinated by historical events such as the Crusades (my current infatuation) as well as the world around me. Also, I find the unusual, mysterious and foreboding to be quite enticing. As to have some knowledge on these aspects of the world, keep me on my toes as it were, and allow me to see things from another perspective.

Moreover, as a player I am considerate towards others (there's no point getting riled up over trivial matters). I am also very group driven when the time calls, as I love the feeling of being involved in the action and that I'm in this with a group of like-minded (hopefully mature) people, of whom I can develop with.

Lastly :), I've been roleplaying for a few years now since I purchased World of Warcraft and Burning Crusade (the expansion pack had just come out). I have been playing on the Darkmoon Faire EU server which has steadily rose in notoriety for its large RP community. I have been involved with quite a few major RP groups within the Horde, all of which were top class and allowed me to develop my talents as a writer and an Rp'er.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I hail from the United Kingdom, and my primary language is English. I have a little spanish and french in the mix as well, but nothing major.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've been involved in the Warcraft universe since the second Warcraft game, that plus the third instalment were just games to me. But my taste in anime and therefore my taste for rping began, which led me to the World of Warcraft itself.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Maturity. I've enjoyed my time on DMF, but the newer players coming into the realm have just totally ruined the vibe some of the older players had created. So, I came in search of a server dedicated to Roleplaying in order to continue enjoying the game the way I do.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy a mixture of role-play.

I have a taste for a relaxed social gathering with friends, or a quiet session of study (being an Arcanist and all). However, my passion for role-play lies in a storyline style or roleplaying, where I'm in the thick of the action where all the plots and agendas are coming for fruition, and I am there. In the midst of it. As an instigator or integral role.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I by nature would be a Blood Elf. As I'm kind of a flashy, satirical yet focus driven person - along the same lines as the Blood Elves. Again (by nature) I would be an Arcanist as I want to know everything there is to know. I want to explore the depths of an art, and the arcane facilitates this hunger for knowledge. For with knowledge comes power. :)

What are your expectations of this server?:
I am looking for a high level of maturity, as well as some relaxed and friendly people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect.
I feel it should be an integral part of any serious rper's code of conduct.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Arazial had just arrived in Lordaeron - its fortified walls seeming to split and tear like paper. As he wandered toward the main entrance he was stop. Dead in his tracks, by some inaudible whispering, this seemed to reverberate around the courtyard. “Who's there!?” he demanded, whilst trying to retain his composure. An unnatural breeze seemed warp itself trough, and around his gold and crimson robes, as though taunting him in reply. “So you must be Sunsorrows replacement. Sent by Rommath I presume?” the voice quietly echoed. Arazial looked from left to right, and then shot round to look behind him. Nothing. As he turned to face the way he had been before, there in front of him stood. The Banshee Queen herself. “Well…?” she said, asserting her line of questioning once again, this time with an authoritative tone. “Yes mi' lady.” Arazial stuttered.
“Arazial Star-Rise.” He stated in a gain of confidence. Sylvanas stood clad in black - her face darkened by a cowl - with only the blood red glow of her eyes to highlight any features. She nodded, acknowledging the pale, dark haired elf.
“He took action much quick than I had expected.” Sylvanas hissed with contempt. Arazial knew all too well of the friction between The Banshee Queen and the High Magister Rommath – a feud to which he did not want to be involved in. As to try and remain neutral, Arazial merely nodded whilst sporting a barely visible grin, as he knew Lady WIndrunner would be analysing his every syllable.
“Yes. He felt it necessary due to these unfortunate circumstances.” Arazial said grimly.
“The disappearance of a Silvermoon Ambassador is indeed unfortunate in the current climate, where the scent of war is in the air.” Sylvanas stated with a sense of irony. Arazial picked up on the Banshee Queens facetious tone, and began to stare at her as though to burn a hole through her.
“War is expected, but an individual's life is weighed just heavy as that of a hundred!” he snarled. Just as he was poised to deal another verbal blow he remembered his role here in the Forsaken capital, and most of all, who he was addressing.
“I apologise for my outburst. There was no excuse for that.” Arazial seemed to sop morally as he hang his head in shame. Sylvanas grabbed the young mage by the neck and hauled him towards her. She then began to whisper. Whispers which seemed to echo through the ruins:
“I remember that passion. That feeling. All I know now is loathing.”
As she spoke to him she released Arazial, who remained close to her as she continued to whisper to him.
“But this cannot stop me from my duty, nor form noticing what is going on around me. There is treachery afoot, I fear that Ambassador Sunsorrows disappearance was the work of the Scourge. The time has come, and he has awakened.”
Arazial step back, his face now deathly white. A look of horror seemed to be pinned to him. He cleared his throat and began to talk:
“When Lor'themar and Rommath spoke of war they did not mean with the Alliance, did they?” his rapidly scanning the ground.
“No.” Sylvanas replied bluntly. “Arthas has risen, and Icecrown shall rise as his dark citadel of power.”
Arazial collected his thoughts and with a shaky, yet firm sense of command he stated, “Then we shall be ready, together. The Forsaken and the children of Quel'Thalas. We shall be ready.”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
The story I submitted was of my own narrative adaptation of the World of Warcraft lore, and was to merely demonstrate my creative ideas and thoughts. As well as to show some level roleplaying ability.
Welcome!