Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Twiggish1`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I'm a gamer, and I work a 40/week job troubleshooting connections and phone for a popular high speed internet company. I have a hard time getting attached to characters in MMO's if I can't roleplay them, and this is causing me quite a bit of trouble in Champions Online. I enjoy having a connection with my character and crafting them into something entertaining, unique and, most of all, FUN. I don't like playing the knight in shining armor or the screaming damsel as those roles get very dull to me very quickly. I prefer very 'gray' characters who act on their best interests alone, and if others are helped or hurt in the process, it's just collateral damage. I have a penchant and obsession for tweaking characters for weeks before I'm comfortable rping them - as such I tend to level up quite a bit before I ever enter a town in character. At this point, I have a good idea of how the character reacts to situations. It's a little embarrassing to admit, but rather than mindlessly level, I think about what my character would do or say in random situations or in response to NPC's. In this sense, I'm sort of always roleplaying, even if just in my head.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States, and my primary language is English. I love languages, however, and I can speak a few phrases/words in German, French, Japanese and Spanish. If I weren't so lazy when it comes to studying, I'd probably know more.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Oddly enough, my 45 year old uncle is the one who played first. I had played Ragnarok Online for quite sometime and, as that game is basically nothing but grinding with very little roleplay, finally lost interest after most of my roleplaying friends left the game. I was between games for awhile, spent time outdoors a lot playing basketball and developing a modicum of hackey sack skills, and then my uncle ruined it all by buying me a copy of World of Warcraft for Christmas one year, along with a 6 month subscription. He and I have always connected over video games, and I guess he wanted company. He got me started on PVP servers, but the second I realized there were RP servers, I was (in his words) 'lost to him forever'. It's still a big joke between us and he used to come onto my RP server, hunt me down, and make fun of me (but in a nice, family way). I eventually made a lot friends on the RP servers, played way too much for awhile, and then found a reasonable balance. Unfortunately, I can't afford to pay for retail right now as most of my paycheck goes toward paying off student loans and medical bills.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I was looking for a free, fun MMO with good roleplay (which doesn't exist), when my old WoW friend, AlianaS, told me about Conquest of the Horde. I tend to shy away from private servers because I get bored very quickly with the high levelling rates, but CoH has a low enough multiplier that I'll be able to enjoy the game-aspect as much as the in-character aspect.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I can't stand one-on-one roleplay unless something important is happening - it almost always degenerates into small talk or sex, both of which are no fun to type out. I like to rp in groups, preferably groups that are getting something done. So I suppose I'm more of an action/adventure type of roleplayer. I also like to be the bad guy, but I dislike being made into the 'on call bad guy' who is only asked to RP when someone needs to be maimed.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love the tauren the most, and druids. I suppose because I love animals so much and always have. Next favorite would have to be trolls because I love the way the males move and sit. They have so much personality. Blood elves are fun too, but they're almost never roleplayed properly. They're roleplayed as paragons of wisdom and kindness, but everyone seems to forget that they're meant to be nasty and vicious. I like to roleplay blood elves a lot for the 'gray area/neutral' potential they possess, but it's hard to play one on retail servers without being icly/oocly chastised for 'being too mean'.
I would probably play a blood elf on this server as I understand it's much easier to be a nasty person icly.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My main expectation is not to have too much expected of ME. I want a laid back experience without much responsibility - I much dislike 'need to be on at such and such time for such and such event'. I already have a job, I don't need someone else telling me how to spend my time. The next expectation would be good, mature roleplayers who care more about story than winning and more about adventure than sex. I've had my fill of roleplay that is just geared toward finding someone to text-hump and nothing else. I'm not totally against roleplay that involves romance and sex, it's just that there's only so many ways to describe things before your thesaurus is tapped out...

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Probably the roleplaying rule which specifies that all players MUST be familiar with the history of azeroth. If I see one more blood elf named 'Goku', I'm going to find their player and punch them as hard as I can, several times. In a massive roleplaying situation, it's VERY important that everyone follows some sort of agreed upon history. Otherwise, a character is going to say that they worship Muktahookut the Spartan God and how the holy **** are we supposed to ICly have any idea what those are? In retail, I adopted the policy of treating anyone who said things like that as an absolute psycho, then running in fear while screaming about demon possession.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The elf was tired. Above all things, it was this fact of which he was most aware. He felt the exhaustion like iron weights strapped to his ankles and wrists, forcing his back into the stoop of a much older man. How long now had he been walking, freed from his mount by the well-aimed shot of a night elf hunter? He had left the bird to rot in the dusty road after dispatching the bastard. It was not as easy as one may think.
Now, as he limped toward the nearest outpost, which he sincerely hoped was still under horde control, blood was beginning to obscure his vision. He wasn't aware of a head injury, but as has already been pointed out, his only real concern was finding somewhere soft and safe to sleep for a very long time. His pupils dilated in a thick, strange way as he neared the small fort, and his steps grew more shuffling and ungainly. The safe haven before him suddenly stopped growing nearer, and he tilted his head in confusion, unable to recognize that his feet had stopped moving altogether.
Something hot rose in the elf's throat, and his eyebrows raised in mild surprise as blood burst forth from his mouth in one, explosive cough. The world tilted, and he was vaguely aware of someone grunting out loud orders in gutterspeak just before oblivion claimed him.
The world was timeless and still. The elf felt nothing, and he wanted nothing but to continue floating in this dark, quiet place. That is, until he felt bile rising once again into his mouth. He threw himself to the side and spilled the contents of his stomach - a little blood and a great deal of something yellowish that tasted like the inside of a poison vial. The evil stench of blood hit his nostrils then, and before he knew it, a bony hand was forcing him down once again. He stared in confusion at the ruined face of a forsaken woman. Yellow eyes glared back into his, and an order was snarled out in gurgling gutterspeak before she turned back to her task - which was, apparently, repairing a large and unfortunate hole in the elf's side. He stared down at her work, his brow furrowing in confusion. The forsaken's eyes flicked back to him, and she muttered, in broken Orcish, "Bleeding inside. Had to get it out."
The last thought that passed through the elf's mind before darkness overwhelmed him once again was, 'Ah good. Half-dead and being repaired by a hedge priest in a swamp. Could be worse...'

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope I didn't type too much, but I'm excited about this server. I look forward to hearing more from you later.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.