Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Old Time Roleplay.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm making this thread, because I'd just like to see what was the big things on CotH a year ago, since I've only been around for 2 months. Any really memorable stuff from a year ago that anyone would like to share or something. I jsut wanna see what was going on a year ago on CotH.
Strormwind and Stromgarde. I remember taking part in the reclamation of Strom, and it was fantastic. Then there was the old Lifeblood Ascendants that I ran around with on Vainar, and...Saggy. Saggy is actually named Naruul, a holy Draenei Pally of the Naaru who decided to patrol Duskwood for a spell. Kimee, Jacar, and Ordin (Also known as Snack, Kibbles, and Bits) found him, captured, and tortured him in a cave, ripping a barbel off and carving "Saggy" into his chest.

The nickname has stuck with me since. There's even a legendary GHI item called "Saggy's Tentacle", even though I keep telling people those are actually BARBELS.

Hurr.
Ahh, yeah. Stromgarde. I remember that, having to rp in taverns without roofs when it was always raining...
Lol, nice read. Thanks, that's an example of something I'd wanted to make this for. Memorable old time stuff that happened on CotH. (:
The battle to retake Stromgarde was the main thing. There was the Sin'solai, too. Both events have sadly been retconned.

Booty Bay and Ratchet were empty (apart from the Ratchet Arena, which has been ICly dismantled); Arylon was not Neutral / Evil (but Ashley was already chasing her); the Light of Nova had a much more predominant role, and there were no talks about worgen DKs.

Thats actually from 8 months ago, but that's old enough to be remembered.
A year ago? Well, Sin'Sholai. And it was fun. There was also Ratchet Inn RP. And the beginnings of the Troll Echo Isles campaign. Good times. I miss 'em.
Well Stromgarde was reclaimed, it become a great RP hub at that time, then Quel'Thalas and the Forsaken broke away from the Horde forming the Sin'sholai.

And the there was war.

With Alliance in Stromgarde, the Horde in Hammerfall and the Sin'sholai capturing Thoradin's wall, Arathi Highlands became a full fledged war zone. Was fun, but I joined just before it died out.

Tiragarde Keep was taken by the Horde.
Around that time the Commoners Party was formed , which brought a lot of RP to Elwynn forest in November /December but died out after New Year.

Great event chains of that time were reclamations of Echo Isles and Gnomeregan.

And Nimboya.
I was semi-active a year ago, since I was playing other games, but remember even before then... either 2007 or 2008 when our standards and rules were... well not as strict. Amerason's Kelenvar became some Dark Iron General, and raised hell in the Valley of Kings. All sorts of dwarven technology from both sides, "damage" to the landscape and sculptures, testudo formations. It was great fun, and I think a little before that time the Blackrock Orcs expanded out and took over Lakeshire, but I do not completely recall.

Oh, and the server lore of seven years in an alternate future when some plague whiped out most of Azeroth's population, or so I was told. I don't know if all of it was reset during or before first server reset, since I was semi-active due to live WoW at the time.
ForsakenSoul Wrote:And Nimboya.

Legend.
Oh, the plague. It was retconned before I even arrived. :/
I was here a year ago, but it was for a few months and I hard time remembering anything more than a week old. I do remember it was alot of fun back in the day.