Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Bakar`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a fun loving, mild mannered, and kind person. I prefer to play a lesser role in most role play opposed to the popular 'power roles'. I'm 21 mature and am currently finishing my "GED" while taking a Game Development Technician course in college.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from Canada, my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I originally adapted to Warcraft from Starcraft, due to the Hero system. From Warcraft I went to World of Warcraft where I became highly interested in the lore and started role playing.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found Conquest of the Horde while searching for a role play sever to replace the one I was on. "Freedom WoW" is the sever I am coming from. I left there because I find most there to be rather linear and the GMs seem to put a lot of favoritism into their choices.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all forms of role play, the ability to adapt and role play your character in different situations and settings, it what makes it that much more fun.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Aside from popular opinion my favorite race would have to be the Blood Elves. There story is interesting and my favorite among the races. For class I much prefer the 'Warmage' it is not a class in World of Warcraft however it is a variant of the mage class in Warcraft lore. The ability to use minor and close range spells along with skilled melee combat.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I would expect nothing more then I expect from my self to give to others. To be kind and respectful. I also would expect their to be good quality role play.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity would be the one to appeal to me the most, with a mature player base it will lead to less 'Godmoding', and a good quality role play.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This background is done is a summarized, narrative. It is the background of a character I used on Freedom Wow. I will not be using the same one obviously but its to show my abilities.

The Lost is Found.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Cries are heard on the eastern edge of Elwynn forest. A boy, an infant child, abandoned; left by a tree, wraped in a woolen blanket, and lay in a wooden basket. He was found by a middle aged man; A hunter out on his hunt, who brought the child to the orphanage in Stormwind. Upon leaving the child the hunter had given the child a name, Bakar. A feeling of responsibility for the boy burdened the hunter and he went to see the boy grow in the orphanage often. As time progressed and the boy grew he showed intrest in reading and studying, he also had a good sense of hand eye cowardination.
As Bakar got older and a disibility in his vision was found. A reoccuring pain in his eyes and sever head aches plagued the boy. The hunter learned of this in one of his visits to the orphanage, and came up with a theroy as it seemed to only happen when the boy was in light of the sun, he suggested that it was the light which was causing it. He gave the boy a thin dark piece of linen cloth; it was almost black in color, and told the boy to tie it over his eyes. The blindfold hindered his vision dramaticaly, he could only see the figures of people details were not visible, and the distance of his vision was also diminished.
With the developement of the Bakar's disability, Adran; The hunter's name, spent more time at the orphanage with the boy helping him learn to live with his hindered vision, and training with him to use his hearing to its full potential. In spending so much time together, Adran felt conected to the boy. Bakar was almost at the age of Adult hood and was learning at a well established pace. however Adran, finding it trouble some to continue making the frequent trips, offered the boy to come train with him in his camp.

Teacher and Pupil.
A fire burns bright just outside their two tents. Bakar sat just off abit from the fire, using it to give him little light while he read from what looked ot be an old tome; his blind fold removed as he could not read with it on, and the light from the fire would not me as strong as that from the sun. Off to his left, Adran was sitting upon a bench made from a fallen tree, with his dagger and branches. Adran was skining the branches like he would a catch, making arrow shafts. Adran, had Bakar rise from his book and come aide him with the arrow shafts. It was all Adran could get the boy to have intrest in; Skinning and collecting the meat from his catches, and helping make arrrows. When it came to the hunt itself the boy seemed preoccupied and showed no intrest. Adran let this be, he knew in time the boy would come to learn, for the time being he continued training the boy to trust his hearing, not jut what he can see infront of him.
Adran was getting old, his movments slowed; slugish, and heavy at times. His ability to hunt as well as he once did was no more. He could not spent the time he could before raoming in the bushes quitly stalking his prey. His consern however was on Bakar, as he could no longer supply them with the food they needed. Bakar had still not learned how to fire a bow properly, he could very well stalk prey but how would he kill it with not training. Adran, hounded the boy trying to teach him every chance he got but Bakar still showed little intrest, and was learning slowly.
With food in the camp getting more and more scares Bakar came to realize that his 'father' could no longer continue his trade. With this thought lingering in the back of his head, Bakar became guilty and began to understand his 'fathers' attempts to teach him the use of a bow. That night, sitting by the fire with his 'father' he griped a bow, and told Adran that he believed he was ready. With the rise of the sun the next day, Adran began training Bakar. Adran was attonished for with Bakar's new found intrest, for a beginer he could fire the bow with skill Adran had never seen from a beginer to archery.

Death of His Mentor.
Piercing throw the air, cutting the wind in two. Bakar released an arrow in flight to a deer just over yonder. The arrow hit the sweet spot, piercing trough the tough fur and deep in to the deers chest dropping it almost instantly. He retrieved his prey tying it with a rope and dragging it back to camp. Adran, was sitting on the bench awaiting his return. Adran was at a point in his age where it was hard for him to move, painful even. It was rather ironic the man you once took care of Bakar, was the man; his 'father', who he was now taking care of. Returning to the camp Bakar began to skin the deer, collect it meat and prepare a meal. The animal was large it would supply them for at least 3 days. Bakar would spend most of his time help Adran around, even though it was painful for him to move to much Adran was not one to sit still. Under the light of the fire 2 nights after Bakar had brought back his capture, Adran sat with him and spoke with him. Adran told him that is was almost time for him to leave, and go about the world on his own. Adran's time was limited he was almost at his end, he explained this to his son. Bakar refused to leave his 'father' when he seemed to need him the most. The conversation was dropped, and time went on like this. Bakar aiding Adran around their small cam and bring what food he could in the meantime. Adran's condition worsened over this time and continued to, he now rarely left his bed.
Bakar was out on another hunt, prowling through the forest stalking prey, but waiting to pick the largest one. Once he found the one of the right size he notched an arrow, and fired a perfect shot once again. He proceeded to retrieve his prey in his normal fashion. returning to the camp with his prey, he set it aside and went to check on his father. He found his father had past away while he was gone, in his sleep. Tears came to his face, as he morned the death of his father. He closed his fathers eyes and kneeled by his bed side, his hand grasped together on his fathers chest.

Road to Northrend.
After his father's death Bakar spent a short time in solitude before he traveled to Stormwind. In Stormwind he heard of the expedition in Northrend. Bakar decided with nothing left for him in the Eastern Kingdoms you would go lend what help he could in the advances there. He began training with soldiers in Stormwind learning the art of the sword, he had already mastered the bow, and to survive in Northrend he would need more combat capabilities. Like when he began his training with the bow, he caught on quick adapting the training with his own form of movements and strengths. He trained in Stormwind for a year before he planed to go to Northrend for the first time. Before he was to depart he also learned of the Hordes expeditions in Northrend, and realized that all sides would continue to need supplies. This was his goal, although he trained in Stormwind he did not allie him self with neither the Alliance or the Horde, he remained neutral.
Upon his arrival in Northrend the climate was the first thing he noticed, then came the exotic beasts and shear numbers of scourge. He made his way with the soldiers who were heading to the Wintergrade Keep. On arrival Bakar didn't stay long, as he heard of forests to the west and that the climate was warmer there. He came to the Grizzly Hills, where he sent up camp on the eastern river bank, hunting the stags and bears. From his hunting he kept what he needed to survive the rest he made deliveries to Wintergrade, it was not much but it would help none the less.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
All I really would like to say is thank you for viewing my introduction and I hope to be a possible part of this role play community.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.