Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Returner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It laid before Sagi, right there on that slab of bone. Sylvandre's dead body. He and Therai looked at it for a while, presented to them by another Kaldorei. She said she had found the wanted posters and was simply making the delivery. Sagi eyed the corpse for a while. Sylvandre was still in her plate, down to the face mask.

"I thought you should do the honors," the other Kaldorei said.

Sagi merely gave a nod, hand reaching for the metal plate. He held it there for a while before removing the plate, revealing Sylvandre's face. It was the first time he had ever seen her face, gazing into it for a moment before turning to the other Kaldorei, "Very well. I suppose you'd like to be payed?"

She turned and nodded, "Yes. But, there is still one thing that I'm wondering about."

Sagi returned the nod, tipping his hat up, "And what's that?"

The Kaldorei reached for her crossbow, slinging it out, "Justice." Before Sagi was given the chance to speak or respond she fired off into his chest, arrows made of Elunite launching into him one after one. From so close up, the very force of each blow knocked him backwards, arrow after arrow pounding at his flesh, piercing his body.

Sagi was on his knees, blood loss killing him when Sylvandre going after him again. She put the crossbow away, drawing two swords both of that same metal, Elunite. She charged Sagi before thrusting both blades into his chest. As they where ripped out he felt the last bits of energy within him ripped away as well. As his body fell into the sand, his last thoughts were that he'd have to fight it... that he couldn't let himself die...

But death took him anyways.

----

Sagi's body laid in a block of ice, kept solid through arcane energy. For days they had kept his body preserved that way, keeping decay away from the corpse. It was well preserved other than the part of his left ear missing because Aroes wanted to take a trophy as memory. Uthaniel removed the ice from Sagi, revealing his now cold flesh to Cela and Annabelle.

The two poured holy energies into his body. They both had their own reasons for trying to bring him back. Cela was once Sagi's teacher and since her discovery of his 'fall' to darkness she was determined to teach him the ways of balance, sure that somewhere within was the will to listen to her once again. And worship Elune as he once had.

Anna believes that all people could be redeemed. To her Sagi was just another person who could be saved, who needed to be saved, and she would be his savior. She fought to see a day when the kal'dorei would forsake shadow completely and turn to a path like hers, one of Light.

As the energy poured into him Sagi's body started to awaken. Wounds finally scaring over, chest moving up and down as he started to breathe. Life was restored to him through their combined efforts.

But...words that they whisper to me while I remained locked behind wards and shut doors will not do to make me warm up to them.

A second chance was given... I must not fail and fall to death again. And I will not fall to this fate again.

Killer: Sylvandre
Resurrectors: Cela, Annabelle

Permanent Drawbacks:
Brutal scars all over his chest.
Weakened Chest, easily damaged.
Missing portion of his left ear.

Temporary Drawbacks:
Great fear of death
Frostbite in his fingers, extending through his upper right arm.
Hypothermia.
Trouble breathing and occasional coughing fits.