Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: tbones630`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, first and foremost I'll be the first to admit that I have had (comparative to most players) very little experience with WOW. I started a few months ago, but have poked and prodded here and there with trial accounts and talking with my friends who played.
Finally, I broke down and joined. I fell in love with the immersive story and lore, which led me to RP. I have no problems with Blizzards already-established RP servers (in fact, I've spent hours upon hours on wikipedia and similar websites simply so that I could keep up with the RP), but I just wanted something... more.
I hope this is that little something more!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born and have lived in the Northeast United States for all of my life and speak English. (Although I know some Spanish, and am taking Italian classes)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Mostly, my friends pressured me into playing, and up until a few months ago, I was skeptical. From there, Warcraft did the rest.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I was actually starting to get involved in the regular RP servers, when a private server came up. I was intrigued that there were private servers, and a more specific search led me here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I pretty much go for any kind of roleplay that's available at the time. If I'm connected, I'm probably ready to grab the first RP opportunity that passes me by.
My personal preference is developing small 'social groups' of friends and 'frenimies'. This is better for the intellectual/angst/drama (For lack of a better term, since it sounds like I'm looking for a WOW soap opera or something)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
In terms of gameplay, I'd say easily Orc, Human, and Dwarves. But in terms of roleplay and possibilities, I prefer Tauren, Dwarves, Trolls and Forsaken.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, I'm hoping for a very strong, RP-driven environment. Other than that, I'm not sure what to expect; which is kind of the beauty of it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Well, I'd have to say that my favorite is also my least favorite. It's a category I usually summarize into the term "The Don't Be a Jerk Laws". While they are the most important rule, they really shouldn't have to be spelled out to people. But unfortunately, there will always be one of THOSE people.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It was invigorating to slowly watch the trees change from their dead and dingy selves into the lively, lush arbores giants that Chius was used too.
It almost felt that the was coming back to life as lush and full as the trees.
He was finally coming home.
Chius knew that his family was still alive. He wasn't entirely sure why, but the memory was there. It was at the back of his mind, itching and eating him away, like some kind of insect bent on driving him insane. It felt like he was walking for ages.
As he got closer, Chius constantly had to dodge anyone and anything he saw. Everything was a potential threat. He kept his old farmer's hat low, covering his features as he avoided creature and humanoid alike. Until he finally reached his destination.
At the very fringes of Westfall was a small, dark farmstead. He was about to sneak over to the barn when he heard crying. He quickly ducked back behind a tree. Peering around, he saw a young woman, standing by two graves, divided by a misshapen scarecrow. He heard her mumble...
"Oh, I'm so glad that you aren't alive for this." She said to the scarecrow. "I'm so glad you couldn't see Mom and Pappa suffer like they did. But now they're at peace... and don't you worry. I've dedicated my life to fighting for the light, to kill every last undead scourge creature. It's their fault you left home, and their fault that you're dead...." She hefted a large hammer, wiping a tear before wrapping something around the scarecrow's neck and walking away. "Oh Chius..." she said sadly, not turning around. "I need you so much now." Chius, not knowing what to do or feel, sat down in his hiding place and watched his sister walk away. He hoped that he would never see her again, or else he wouldn't know whether to kill her or let himself die.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
You are going to dread seeing my character concepts, and I am going to dread receiving the inevitable denial. I'm just one of those 'big idea' guys. I always want to test the very fringes of what would happen in a 'normal situation'.
Please don't be offended if I try to explain things like: "But he's not a 'nice forsaken' he just cares about his sister who's still alive!" or "He's not crazy because he's another comic-relief Gnome, he's crazy because that's what happens when you live through an experiment on your own brain!" (And yes, both are roughly concepts you will come across) Please don't feel offended if I sound irritated. I probably will be, but I understand that it comes with being an 'experimenter' when it comes to characters.
Quote:Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
You are going to dread seeing my character concepts, and I am going to dread receiving the inevitable denial. I'm just one of those 'big idea' guys. I always want to test the very fringes of what would happen in a 'normal situation'.
Please don't be offended if I try to explain things like: "But he's not a 'nice forsaken' he just cares about his sister who's still alive!" or "He's not crazy because he's another comic-relief Gnome, he's crazy because that's what happens when you live through an experiment on your own brain!" (And yes, both are roughly concepts you will come across) Please don't feel offended if I sound irritated. I probably will be, but I understand that it comes with being an 'experimenter' when it comes to characters.

Those two concepts you presented don't sound too far-fetched at all. Anyway, we'll work hard to try to get them to work, so you shouldn't worry.

Anyway, welcome to the server!
Well, those were some of my more 'reasonable' ideas