Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Loopen`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Not much to say, recently turned 21, librarian living at home and leeching off her parents like a good geek should ^^ I guess I could be called a gamer, though I dont play a lot and as much as I used to, mostly I just chat on msn and such!

Umm, vegetarian, short, allegedly whiny, all that stuff, has trouble describing herself most of the time but theres a few words! Also I wanna be an author, currently working on a sci-fi book, hope to have it published, if not, ;;

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Lived in Bosnia-Herzegovina, in Sarajevo, until I was 7, so I'm fluent in both bosnian and engrish, but my primary language would have to be English ^^

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Friend was like 'hey check this out' so I did... he regrets it now cuz I keep talkin about it ^^

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Tried other private servers, both rp and otherwise, they were boring, was recommended here and was impressed by all the stuff ive seen without even having made a character yet!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Depends on my mood! Generally I like roleplay with four or so characters... tavern roleplay is always good for a break, action is great, especially when theres extreme danger and serious chance of death for my character ^^ Inteeeense

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Umm tricky question, in roleplay and general liking terms it'd be hard to say since there's some real great people and real notsogreat people in each race, but I guess I'd go the orcs, for the efforts Thrall and others have gone to to redeem themselves and their honour ^^ Favourite class is hunter, cause of all their fun little toys, and pets!

What are your expectations of this server?:
Decent rp, fun people, no bullies minimal drama (none is impossible) and no elitists!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Knowing lore, like on another rp server there were damn vampires running around in Shadowfang Keep... bah >_> knowing context is important!!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is the story of one of the orc scouts in the 'Rise of the Horde' book stepping through the portal into Azeroth created by Medivh and Gul'dan! Hopefully I didn't screw up any lore!

Gel'mir had been eager and excited when he had been selected as one of the first orcs to enter into the land dubbed 'Azeroth'; to escape from the forsaken land that had been left to them by the cursed Draenei. It was the beautiful images and tantalising words of Gul'dan had excited his imagination so greatly. The image conjured by the portal proved to little resemble the passionate words of salvation and paradise; instead of a clear sky and lush rolling plains, Gel'mir found himself looking at thick, foggy marshland and a hazy sky.
Disappointment was plain upon the faces of the orcs of every clan assembled before the portal, and Gel'mir, too, felt a rush of betrayal at the let down. It was only when he took another look at the dying land around him that he realised that anything was better than this. So it was that, when Gul'dan gave the order for him and the others to advance forward, he did so with only the barest of hesitation.
All of the orcs gasped in unison after stepping into the portal; it was impossible not to. In almost the same unison, however, Gel'mir and the other scouts gagged and coughed, trying to cover their mouths with armoured hands, as their senses were attacked. It had been so long since Gel'mir had breathed the untainted air that had sustained the land before the war against the Draenei scum. This air seemed to be tainted, too, in its own way; there was an odd taste to it, something unidentifiable that had never been present on the world left behind.
After taking an experimental breath, Gel'mir found that although the air was so different from what he had been breathing for months, it was not as unpleasant as he had first thought. The strange smell that rose up to his nostrils, too, that wasn't so bad, and it was far more favourable than the aroma of ashes and burning corpses that the warlocks companions had mustered up during the struggle.
Looking around, Gel'mir set his eyes upon the marsh and veiled water that was his surroundings. True, it wasn't the best place for a clan to live in, but Gel'mir if this world was anything like his homeland, this was only a fraction of what was to come. The more he thought about it, he thought that even this would be an enjoyable place to live in; at least there were animals to hunt, that much was clear from the feral calls of alien beasts.
One of the orcs next to him let out a loud laugh, and after a second those around him, including Gel'mir, laughed too. He knew they were all thinking the same thing.
This is our land now, and ugly as it may be, with its strange blue sky and alien smells, there was life, there was room, and this time there were no damn Draenei to ruin it! For the Horde!

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not sure if favourite race/class was in pvp or in lore terms, so I just answered the best I could
Welcome to the server!
Hehe yay, but I feel so stupid... I was waiting for days not realising that I had already been approved :/

Great to be here!