Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Keden`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I am quite an impulsive player - That is, even when I am playing a character all by myself, something odd might happen that I've just come up with randomly as I was typing an emote. Things just sort of.. Come to me, but I've been told that it works fairly well. Other than that I tend to be somewhat of a storyteller - I like to detail my environment to really set the "mood" for a certain place that I'm RPing in. If I'm playing a dwarf and he's at an inn, he'll most likely be smoking a pipe, leaving the air around him filled with a thin veil of smoke for example. Low lightning, strong gusts of wind, wolves howling or bears growling - I like to emote it all in the right time and place. I feel it adds just the right "atmosphere", if people allow it. Though I have to say that I am by no means one who likes to dictate things for others - I merely describe little things that could maybe be important but otherwise do not influence things at all.

And now I can see that I've already been talking for quite a bit, so I'll just wrap up with saying that I am a very active RPer and, though I prefer having an actual reason for getting involved in any RP, I will join up with almost anything I can find when I'm around.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the Netherlands, though I was originally born in Germany. I'll be honest and say that I'm not a good judge of my own English at all, but I think I manage quite well.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into warcraft back in '05 when it had just come out. I was quite young back then and really didn't understand a single thing. It took me a month to get to level thirteen and after that I quit for almost a year before I -really- started playing in the summer of '06. I discovered RP in about september '08, and got into it right away. A friend of mine had a character on Earthen Ring and while going there I found myself instantly drawn to RP, and if I may say it without seeming too arrogant, nearly instantly began producing quite detailed emotes that I could be proud of. I'll admit I had a few teachers, but somehow I just couldn't ever stop looking for new ways to describe my character, its actions, and the impressions he (or she at times) made on other people.. Even by only sitting in the background.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I am somewhat afraid of admitting it, but I also found you through Google. My subscription ran out recently and after some rather terrible roleplaying experiences on my old realm, I decided I would not be returning to retail for a good while at least, because I really only played for RP any more.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I pretty much enjoy most kinds of RP. You'll easily find me coming up with ideas for intricate plotlines regarding politics or even relationships between families, feuds and the likes. But at the same time I enjoy playing a hardy soldier marching in a company to defend some pass or another. (I remember a particular battle over the Thandol Span I participated in last year that was really a treat to be a part of.) - At the moment, though, my interest lies with "explorational" RP, for lack of a better term. I hope to play a dwarf, possibly a hunter, that goes trotting about the globe, learning about other cultures and whatnot, smoking his pipe when he's able to.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'd have to say my favourite race/class, as stated above, is a dwarf hunter at the moment. I love their animations, their voices (who doesn't?) and generally just the feel to the dwarves. Sturdy and trustworthy, fierce but gentle.. Well I could go on for a while, or possibly not as I know of no better words, but I'll spare you either.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to find some quality RP here and make a few new friends, and hopefully have my roleplaying needs fulfilled more than they were on Blizzard servers. In part this expectations is founded on the fact that you are capable of direct moderation and that GMs are actually focused on RP, though I am fully aware that we have no right to demand their attention or service.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I have to admit that I am most excited about your rules regarding powergaming and the likes. The experiences I've described in one of the above answers was an example of powergaming, and it truly left me disappointed in that particular RPer, something I hope not to have to face again.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Throgur walks into the inn quietly, seating himself by the fire. He pulls up a chair and extracts his pipe from a pouch that always hangs around his neck. Stuffing it quietly, he eyes the stranger that just seated himself next to him. Offering a polite nod and a grin, smoke slowly rises from his pipe as he lit it quietly. Quickly the dwarf is veiled in a thin layer of smoke, his low voice rumbling from within. "Sah, lad, wha' brings ya 'ere?"

"Just came to hear a few stories, master Dwarf." - The human answers, revealing himself to be rather young. A soldier fellow, Throgur reckons him, and the dwarf nods. "Ya came to tha righ' place, lad. Bu' I'm no master. Call me Throgur, son o' Thrégan Stoutale. An' you?" He asks quietly, crossing his feet while enjoying the warmth and comfort of the fire and his pipe. "My name's Perry, pleased to meet you Throgur. I take it you're a traveler?" The boy asks, his eyes quite keenly registering Throgur's travel-stained cloak and mud-caked boots.

"Aye, ye're righ' in tha'. Lookin' fer stories then eh? Ya seem a wee bi' gloomy, 'ow about ah cheer ya up?" Throgur winks at the boy, a light smile playing on his lips. Perry shrugs, indeed looking rather gloomy. He leans forward a little in his chair, arms leaning on his knees, and his face is lit a little better. In spite of his youthful appearance, the boy already boasts a scar on his cheek that few veterans would have lived to talk about. "I suppose." He says in a low, solemn voice.

Throgur chuckles lightly, his eyes turning to the fire while puffing his pipe. Then he lowers it to rest in his hand, upon his knee. "Hmmm... Let's see." A short pause follows, before Throgur laughs softly again and nods to himself. "Ah'll tell ya 'bout the first an' only time ah went ta Southshore. There was a young lad, no' much older than yerself, who was throwin' a party fer.. Somethin'. Anyhow, ah happened ta be 'round. We came ta talkin' an' before ya know it, he challenges me to a drinkin' contest! Can ya believe it?" Throgur chuckles as he recalls the event, shaking his head.

"A human up against a dwarf! Wael, ah'll tell ya he didn' look like he could take it. Bu' we got started an' by the Stone, the lad could drink, ah'll give him tha'. We were drunk soon enough.. Ah mean, realleh drunk." Throgur grins lightly as he remembers it, shaking his head again. A silence follows as Throgur recalls the other events that followed. Perry has a hint of a grin on his lips as well, though he seems reluctant to be cheerful. Throgur pretends not to take note, though his eyes flit to the boy's face now and again as he speaks.

"Ah righ'! Where was I? We were drunk as 'ell, an' then tha' idiot begins talkin' 'bout a treasure! As ya can imagine, we had ta go an' get it righ' away! Bu'.. Well. We weren't.. Entirely logical, if ah may say so. We jes' sort of... Jumped righ' into the sea an' spent the next hour tryin' to swim through the waves near tha shore." Throgur chuckles louder as he says it, wiffs of smoke escaping his lips. His free hand strokes his beard as he tells the rest of the story, beady eyes glinting through the now-thick layer of smoke that crowns his head.

"Picture, it lad. A dwarf an' a human, in their regular clothes.. Ah, we were idiots! Not in the least 'cause.. Well ye can guess." Throgur laughs quietly, not finishing his sentence. Perry raises his head, a light grin now definitely playing on his face. "Guess what? There was no island?" The boy asks, peering at the dwarf, or trying to through the thick layer of smoke. "Nay lad! Ah dunno actualleh. We jes' found out tha'.. 'Bout ten feet away, there was a boat! I mean fer cryin' out loud, mah legs felt like they were goin' to fall off an' there's a bleedin' bote righ' there!"

Perry at last, lets forth a quiet little chuckle, and Throgur smiles visibly as he notices it. Nodding to himself, the dwarf continues in his low voice. "Sah, we climb in, happeh ta finally be out of tha' water.. Stone's burden, tha' was cold water. Anyhoo', off we go righ'. All cheery an' drunk, we peddle an' peddle... Singin ta ourselves. After a lil' while we come on a shore 'gain, ah swear it, mah head would've exploded if it could've." Throgur grins quietly, reaching for his pouch of pipeweed. Stuffing his pipe anew, he strikes a match on the nearby table and lights his pipe again. Soon enough more smoke fills the tavern, and he continues, his voice now seemingly disembodied in the cloud of smoke that surrounds him.

"Wael, it did actualleh! Sort o'. Ah walked out o' tha' boat bu'.. Mah legs gave way an' ah collapsed. Knocked m'self righ' out on tha' bleedin' boat we came in! Tha' idiot didn' care though, an' I woke up ten minutes later. 'E was arguin' alrigh', screamin' practically, demandin' this was tha righ' place. An' he was sayin' it to.. Ya'll never guess - A bleedin' town guard. Bein' drunk, we'd bloody sailed righ' around in a circle an' come back ta town! Ack, all tha' effort fer nothin', an' there ah was, crawlin' in tha dirt!" Throgur roars with laughter at his own story, quite vividly recalling the young human boy screaming at the armour and bemused town guard.

Perry too, bursts into laughter, the very act making him seem a little more careless. After a few minutes the pair recovers their breath, and Perry reaches through the smoke to offer the dwarf a hand. He is already on his feet, Perry that is, revealing himself to be clad in a thick layer of armour. "That was quite a story, -master- Throgur. I do hope we meet again in better times!" - Throgur shakes the hand, seeming a little confused. "Ye're leavin'..?" - He is met with only a nod, that he barely registers through the smoke that blocks his view. As he waves his hand to clear the smoke, he realises the boy's already marched out. Then he remembers where he is, and leans back in his chair, puffing his pipe thoughtfully.

"Ah guess he's back to tha front lines.." The door is opened as a new patron comes in, the icy winds of Northrend blowing in once more to clear the stuffy air of the tavern a little. Throgur peers at the fire, stroking his beard in silence.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
As I said above, not everything is clear to me yet, and I've not looked over everything on the website in detail yet. Right now I'm wondering if there is possibly a lighter skin for the forums? I realise WoW skins are rare but I always get a little mixed up on dark skins. It's only a minor thing though. Beyond that, I really only would like to ask where I should look exactly for a detailed description of what "Gruntship" is about and what other "ranks" (I think?) there are that I will see first, or later?
Keden Wrote:Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
As I said above, not everything is clear to me yet, and I've not looked over everything on the website in detail yet. Right now I'm wondering if there is possibly a lighter skin for the forums? I realise WoW skins are rare but I always get a little mixed up on dark skins. It's only a minor thing though. Beyond that, I really only would like to ask where I should look exactly for a detailed description of what "Gruntship" is about and what other "ranks" (I think?) there are that I will see first, or later?

I know you can go into your CP and change what skin you use on the forums.

And for gruntship, see here.

Welcome to the server!
Ah yes, thank you. That helps quite a bit.

And thanks for the welcome! Glad my post was approved, was a tad nervous. ^^
Oh, added a little story this afternoon. Not sure if I should be marking the update with a post like this, but if I shouldn't let me know :3.