Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: MirielKanan`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
There is not much to tell. I have been roleplaying for over 15 years. I've played innumerous games ranging between computer games to PnP. I'm fairly new to MMO's and have trouble getting into a grinding Mentality as I am the type to spent a good two hours having and IG conversation with someone.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Minnesota, USA. I'm originally from Indiana however though I can speak nothing but English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was invited to the game by a friend. I've always had trouble getting into the game because I have never seen a WoW RP server. WoW is a typical MMO and most people mainly grind it. Even if you find an RP group, you have really found a group that roleplays reasons to grind.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
A friend of mine recommended the server to me. She knows how much I enjoy roleplaying and she and I have been roleplaying together for the better part of three years now. I am the type of roleplayer that stirs the post and sees what I can make happen.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy Hardcore Roleplay with mild adventures. This basically means that I main stick around towns and taverns and roleplay with others and from time to time steps out of town for a little adventure. I totally dislike being level two so until I hit level ten I will be outside town more than I am in probably though my slow down point will be level five.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I favor Rogues, mainly because they closely match my personality. I don't have a favorite race though from reading lore and such I will most likely enjoy Blood Elves mainly because of how filled out they are. The reason I do not have a favorite race is because I never really played WoW longer enough to develop one, however know that I have an actual RP server to go to I intend to rectify this and see which race I truly enjoy roleplaying.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope to have a wonderful roleplaying experience here. Thus far I am enjoying what I have read in the forums and it seems as though I will actually get to experience WoW in the roleplaying sense. I have had so many poor WoW experiences in the past that I was to the point of quitting the game entirely. What I have read so far has brought a change of mind and I am excited to play again for the first time in a long time.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity and respect appeal most to me. You have no idea how many times I've been turned off by a game because of a person's childish or disrespectful actions. Actions such as these kill gameplay and make the experience of playing less enjoyable.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is merely a snippet from a larger story I've been working on. It will not all fit here but it is a nice beginning I think. As you said story I am assuming that fiction is completely acceptable. Allie looks out over the railing of the ship watching the wave's crash against the hull. She has been there contemplating it for a few hours. As she watches the waves she thinks about how they reference her. They rush up to meet towards the hull and smack it with all their might, this she thinks represents her recklessness, and the hulk represents her determination. The recklessness meets the sturdy hull and the recklessness cannot pass. Though with her there is a hole; one she has attempted to seal off many times but the waves pick away at the wood and eventually create an opening. There were many who believe they knew her but that was in essence a lie, she lived a lie every day. If anyone really knew her would they actually accept her? Of course not because just as the waves held creatures beneath its surface, so too did she have a monster living inside of her. It would come alive as the waves washed through the hole of her hull and at these times she was no longer in control. She calls herself Lena, Allie had known about her for some time now, and when she took control terrible things would happen. The last time she took control Allie awoke to find bones within a coffin. Just whose bones they were escaped Allie, though she had a pretty good idea of who they belonged to. Just before she lost herself she remembered speaking with Yashary, a drow whom she was desperately trying to accept. She thought that in accepting her she might actually be able to better herself. If Morri can forgive, why couldn't she? For too long she had held on to hatred for a race. Just how could she hold a people guilty for the crimes committed to her? Regardless she shut the lid to the coffin guiltily and continued about her way. The next few weeks she found herself seeking answers as to why this was happening, was it because she stopped doing her rituals? Not since Julianos had she taken another soul. She felt it a moot point now, she had so many and they didn't seem to be helping anymore. As she sought these answers it was in Jack's home in the presence of a young child named Leesil than she realized she did not like what she had become. She was traveling now to see a priest to rid herself of the demon inside, until she did this she would not be able to keep the promise she made so long ago. After another hour of watching the waves Allie turns away and heads below deck to get some much needed rest.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope to have a wonderful experience and am looking forward to playing on this server. From what I have read and have heard from my friends so far it seems like I will truly be given a fun experience with truly wonderful players.
Welcome to the server!
Thank you very much, I have been looking forward to this since posting.