Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Chaos`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been playing World of Warcraft since vanilla. Never really hit the level 60 level cap back then, though I hit 70 in Burning Crusade and 80 in Wrath of the Lich King. But, I'm getting ahead of myself, I've been a Roleplayer long before I joined World of Warcraft, and instantly joined the Roleplay servers when I knew they were there. I started with a. . . Somewhat sue-tastic character "Dragonwisp" the Night Elf as my first character. I got better as I went, learning more about the lore and refining my Roleplaying skills. Since then I've made "Zuum" the Troll Hunter, "Virce" the Human Paladin and various other characters. I've spent years roleplaying on the servers, but recently quit due to online drama between friends of mine, and the RP guild I was in. (Really was a sad way to end my RPing days on the base server as I had nothing to do with the drama.) Recently I've discovered this server, and I've been hoping to start fresh, maybe find a good community before Cataclysm and get myself situated in a nice RP world with a nice plot. In a way, it's my way of starting fresh. As a player, I tend to RP a lot, but when I'm not I explore the world and quest depending on what I'm feeling. I don't usually instance with groups. (I usually play something like Fury Warrior, making me useless to a group) I love PvP though, most of my disputes in RP were settled through Duels. (Assuming the other player approved, of course) One issue with me is I'm abysmal with keeping up with my gear, back when I played my Paladin I had level 20 wrist pieces at level 50ish. Either way, that's my general story in World of Warcraft as a player. As an RPer it's years of ups and downs.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into World of Warcraft a long time ago when a friend coaxed me on. He, well he had little interest in RP and was a notorious power gamer. (Picking Warlock immediately for no other reason then controlling people with Fear and DoTs.) I didn't really have much interest in the game until I discovered the RP aspect. RP having been something I had been interested in long before WoW, it was only natural I got hooked on the RP servers.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Some Roleplay buddies have been joining your server. They told me about it and have been asking me to join as well. I'd been a bit hesitant, being the drama based around my quitting WoW, but the friends responsible for that no longer play, so, I think it's worth a shot.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Everything, I'm not picky about Roleplaying. I love action, adventure, with some romance and tasteful drama peppered in. Tavern Roleplaying is always a fun way to cool down at the end of the day, but I can never turn down having my character delve into the back stories of others and helping them with whatever may be part of their past or present. Sometimes I think I enjoy exploring the back stories of other people's characters far more then my own character's.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have multiple answers. . . My favorite class to PvP with is Warrior, while I love the other classes, Warrior is great fun, charging an enemy head on and making them fear melee range. There's nothing quite like intercepting a mage and giving him an axe to the face. However I hate playing Warrior in groups, I find tanking to be boring and tedious. My favorite Class to play in groups is Priest, I don't have much experience with it, but the experience I've had tells me I love healing people and making sure the group stays alive. I usually find myself watching Health Bars anyway regardless of what I play, so why not put it to good use?

What are your expectations of this server?:
My Expectations vary depending on what I see when I get in there. I really expect to just, kind of work my way up slowly and worry about things as I go. Just kind of be a face among the crowd, socialize with the people, adventure every now and again, but nothing too insane like running a guild or anything, at least not anytime soon, maybe far down the road? Who knows? If I really establish myself? Otherwise, I just kind of expect to have some fun, develop my character slowly, and enjoy the community.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Role-playing, particularly the part about not needing dimensional warping sparkly characters that have the power to snap Arthas's neck whenever they feel like it. While I made some in the past in my younger days of Roleplaying, I was never a fan of Sues. Never will be. It'll be good to see some more reasonable characters over some of the mind-numbing sues you see on the public RP servers.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Glowing orbs glowed in the night air of the fallen city that night. Rapier-like claws fanned out across the shingles of the rooftop that the beast perched on. Its pungent stench emanating through the air, and it's dead grayed hair blowing in the wind. Slowly it stalked forwards, crawling on all fours, sneering with rotted lips and showing its needle-like fangs. It sensed what it wanted, what it -must- have. It backed up a few steps, the old, worn shingles actually toppling off of the roof as its claws tore up the old houses roofing. Its souless pits focused on another, nearby rooftop across the street. With unholy agility, it then ran forwards, leaping off the roof and flying through the night air, before landing on the adjacent rooftop. A few shingles became dislodged upon its landing, tumbling off the roof and clattering to the street below. The meandering, rotted forms below looked up, distressed by the movement, but upon seeing one of their own, immediately lost interest. The figure scrambled to the opposite side of the roof, looking out towards the edges of the old city. What he wanted, he could see now. . . One of the living, walking just pass the gates of the city. The eyes of this damned one had long since rotted away, his vision was poor but his sense of smell was acute. Was it a human? A troll? Perhaps armored? Perhaps in cloth, it would be easier for claws to rend through, to tear the flesh it so desired. Perhaps it had a sword to defend itself? Perhaps a staff and magic? It mattered little, so very little. The flesh was all that mattered, no matter the race, the flesh was always so soft. . . So succulent. The damned felt an unholy hunger overwhelm him, had he been alive adrenaline would be pumping through his veins, but all that drove him on new was that single urge. That desire to feast upon the flesh, and rend the living to pieces. With that last urge to feast, he leaps off the roof, screaming into the night air, alerting so many more of the damned wandering the town as he came down on the living. Claws angled to sever the limbs, teeth bared to tear out the throat. Would the living run? Would he stand his ground and fight? It mattered not! As he came down on the living, his last sight before going into a complete blood lust frenzy was a sign, "Welcome to Andorhal", set by the roadside. A ghoul would be cut down that day, but so would a man.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome to the server!