Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Three questions: Leveling/ticketing, character age, & vent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I was going to go to bed three hours ago, but I wanted to try to read everything in the General forum to make sure that my questions hadn't already been answered. ... I'm only on page 15. I kept getting distracted. Also, before you ask, I've tried to read everything that may answer my questions on both the forums and the wiki. FAQs, guides, **MUST READ**s, and grunt/peon-made threads.

Moving right along, three questions.

1. I understand that, once one earns gruntship (after a month's activity and an accepted written prompt) that they are allowed to reach level 80. They can do so without grinding by ticketing a GM.
What I do not understand is if the same premise works for a peon. Do I have to grind to 50, or can I ticket a GM for insta-50?
I understand that level doesn't affect RP on this server, but I would very much like to be able to ride a horse, or RP in areas of higher level without getting roflstomped.

2. I am working on an undead character, and the matter of her age has come up. The current comment on the Age Guidelines page of the wiki is as follows:
Quote:It is generally a requirement of all characters profiles that the character's age be at least adulthood; characters that fall below the appropriate ages may result in immediate rejection.
The specific "Forsaken" section of the article does not answer my question:
If my character died at a young age (let's say 12), but came back almost immediately after (making her 12 + 7, or 19, if she died during the plagues in WCIII), is she considered an "adult"? And am I allowed to play this character?
More details about her available upon request, and yes, I can take this specific issue to a GM in PMs if asked.

***EDIT***

3. I have received the information that "You must be a grunt to access the ventrilo server", and I have received the information that "You no longer need to be a grunt to access the ventrilo server, only a peon" (from players in-game, helpful guides on the wiki, and threads in the forum). Which one is correct? I already found the vent info via the forum, but I will not log on if I know I do not technically have the permissions for it.

***EDIT*** (Again)

TO CLARIFY my second question: I am aware that the undead do not age like the living, but remain in stasis at their apparent, visual age. However, time passes, and they still learn things and mature and grow (until they descend into Mindlessness). Because in a technical sense, the character will have existed for 19 years (12 alive, 7 undead), does that still "pass", regardless of her body's age?
Please not that this is not an attempt to engage in erotic roleplay with a minor character. As far as I can tell, the undead can not and do not copulate, as they are dead and no longer have a sex drive. This is merely an attempt to make an interesting character -- imagine your rotting, cannibalistic body stuck as a child while your mind matures. What might that do to your psyche? How would others treat you? A fun experiment I'd like to do, but only with GM approval.
I think your undead has to be physically 18, or that of an adult, and that's because as mentioned they don't age, so a child forsaken would stay a child forsaken and be unplayable.

If a peon's character is approved, no, I do not think you can get ticketed to level to 50. I have not seen this done on the server before, and it might be so one doesn't have to ticket twice to get leveled and it saves the GMs some work.
Yeah, I don't think undead can actually grow, so if the character died at 12, she would be an undead ankle-bitter forever.
Edited with a third question, also about to edit to clarify my undead-age question
The thing is even if they do mature, the undead would still physically be a child, and thus classified as a child character. Also I am unsure if there can be undead babies or children; did you notice on children's day they have models for all races except undead? It might just be that perhaps children can't be made into undead, or were too weak to even consider making undead.
Actually, its more likely they don't have undead children for legal issues. Games that show dead/mutilated/etc children get an almost instant boost into the Mature rating (among other things). Given undead children wouldn't technically still be dead, it would be implied they died at some point, and they can't have that.
I'll throw in an answer here to your third question; You no longer need to be a Grunt. You can log on to Vent as a Peon.

For your first question; The only time we gave out instant-50's to players was during a little event a while ago called the "Player Appreciation Day". Now, we don't give out insta-50 to anyone so you'd have to grind. However, I believe we took away the level requirement for 60% mounts. I could be wrong, but I... I think we did. o:

Second... I'd strongly advice against making a Forsaken character like that. Considernig they'd have to be Scourge pawns before being freed along with Sylvanas, I wonder if the body of a 12 year old would survive for very long even as an undead. Their bodies are rather frail, and I wonder if they would possess the "power" in themselves to even be able to break free from the control of the Lich King in the first place.
We can speculate that undead children and killing children wasn't allowed because it might be inappropriate, but even then that doesn't excuse the fact that undead children don't seem to exist, even in lore.

In some arguments you can have a reason why there may not be absence of proof but the reality is that you can't really back up a claim without it. If we can't find any undead children, then how are we supposed to know if they exist?
While technically your character would indeed be 19 at that point, I believe that the mentioned rule applies to physical and mental age more than actual age. We don't have the models to support a 12 year old undead, unfortunately. And while we do have the models to support a Draenei child and a Blood Elf child, we prefer not allowing people to play children because, well, this is a violent server on occasion.

We're like those fair chaps in Bethesda when they made Fallout 3. We don't want kids dieing in games really. It rubs some people the wrong way when you brutally skewer a ten year old girl with a cleaver. If this were the land of rainbows and unicorns, then maybe one could play a child. Unfortunately, it is not.

EDIT: Also, on another note, I doubt a 12 year old Forsaken would retain that body for very long. Being useful in the Dark Lady's forces is very important. And unfortunately, a 12 year old is not very useful. Chances are an apothecary would be given permission to 'go nuts' on the child, turn them into something useful and all. And at that point, they'd be tools of the Forsaken.
You wouldn't be able to play a child for reasons stated above, but undead children do exist in Warcraft universe. In the Scourge campaign of Warcraft 3:Reign of Chaos , in the mission in which you kill Uther, there is a undead little boy roaming the city, which is the same kid you saved in the first mission of the game. Also in the first phase of the plague, it was spread by poisoned food, so entire village and town populations have been turned to undeath.
Thanks, all, for your input! I can see which way you're all leaning, and I can agree. Luckily, making my character a child was optional, so I can easily make her an "adult" with no great loss to her personality.
ForsakenSoul Wrote:You wouldn't be able to play a child for reasons stated above, but undead children do exist in Warcraft universe. In the Scourge campaign of Warcraft 3:Reign of Chaos , in the mission in which you kill Uther, there is a undead little boy roaming the city, which is the same kid you saved in the first mission of the game. Also in the first phase of the plague, it was spread by poisoned food, so entire village and town populations have been turned to undeath.

There's also another one that you free from a cage right after you first meet Kel'thuzad and his plans in the human campaign.
Isn't rotted flesh and fragile bones weak in the first place? I don't really think it would make a difference if the character was a child or not. I'm not really sure if Forsaken technically even have muscle, I could be wrong..but If you thought of it in a common sense way, the above posts are right..a 12 year old is pretty much useless.