Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Orc Runemasters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, with the return of the Prestige System, I have decided to release something of which I have been holding on to.

Orcish Runemasters.

The basis behind this is that Orc/Tauren bonds are quite strong, and I wouldn't be surprised if Tauren gave some Orcs runemaster runes... and stuff. Also, this:

Spoiler:
[Image: 51DB5BkTdSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

So, why or why not?
There are Orc runemasters. One of our friendly neighborhood upper-staff plays one.
Well, then on the Runemaster Wiki page, it says that only Tauren and Dwarfs are allowed to be Runemasters.
Xigo Wrote:There are Orc runemasters. One of our friendly neighborhood upper-staff plays one.

Thragash is going to be in training for it, at least. He's not one yet.

But yes, the wiki page is just wrong, likely a mistake because of the lore behind the class stressing that most Runemasters are tauren and dwarves. Orcs taking up the path are much more rare, but not impossible.
The interesting thing about that is, really, the race restriction portion is rarely followed... It seems that if a person has a good enough reason to become that class, it can happen; Look at Rofupi, the gnome Runemaster. Just as an example.

One thing that does really irk me though, is that the wiki page says Blood Elves can't become Demon Hunters, when in the RPG book right where it says race it says Night Elf -and- Blood Elf... I mean, I don't want a bunch of Blood Elf Demon Hunters running around, but when the RPG books actually state a specific race for a class it just kinda figures it should be on the wiki page too, in my mind at least.

tl;dr

A lot of the wiki pages are wrong about races.
As an aside, Runemaster is an interesting class to talk about, because it operates very differently due to its nature as a base class and not a prestige in the D20. I'm going to have to talk to a few of the other GMs and we may have to put some special restrictions on these guys (as well as Necromancers, and the possibility of adding Inscribers.)