Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Question about Potions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right, well I recently found a very interesting list of 10,000 random magical effects and I was thinking of replacing 'Caster' with 'Subject' or whoever drank the potion. And this is where the question comes in, is it alright if Stewart made a "Random Potion" (Workin on name, feel free to help) that could use this list?

List is posted below, it is a .PDF so be warned.

And also, sorry, any of the super serious effects I would get the player's consent after I roll. And any of the ones that don't make sense I'd just re-roll
A potion that imbues random effects. That could be VERY fun to RP with. Some would see it as a punishment, others as a gift. As long as the effect stays random, I'd see this working personally.
Thanks Ben, anyone else feel the same? Or otherwise?
I think it'd work, just some of the more stupid and overly powerful stuff shouldn't work. For an example, time stopping for a while day.
Mmm. That too. We don't want Gnomes the size of the Empire State Building destroying Orgrimmar for crimes against the little guys. Or do we? ;)
Quote:2121 Caster wears corks in his ears so his brains don't leak out. 

... Win, I support this but have no clue how to get it in game. Some GHI item with over 10,000 random effects? I fear for lagg.

Would people just /roll between 1 - 10,000, fetch an number and gain that effect? That works as well I guess.
Yes, it would be done with rolls and then I whisper them the effect.
BountyHunter Wrote:I think it'd work, just some of the more stupid and overly powerful stuff shouldn't work. For an example, time stopping for a while day.

Yeah, the more extreme stuff would be rerolled. Or, it could be nerfed a bit. Like time stopping for a minute or so.
There's a similar item to this in the RPG, called a Chaos Orb, or something along those lines if I recall. Goblin alchemists took all the stray magical ingredients in their shops, and put them into a small ball. When it cracks, it gives one of ten random symptoms to those around it; Unfortunately for the person throwing it, there's the possibility the potion will actually buff his enemies, haha. It's a really fun item, and taking it that extra step to have even more things that could go horribly horribly right seems like it could make for quite the RP experience.
Reminds me of the {Weapon} Of Wonder from D&D.
It feels like a potion doc.
Aphetoros Wrote:It feels like a potion doc.

That is awesome.. I think Stew might turn into one at some point..
I really like this. It could really come in handy.. or just completely screw you over.

The only thing, which has been mentioned before, is that a few of the things are rather excessive. And that there's like a bajillion options, though that's not exactly a bad thing.
In my opinion this is a great idea, so many things could happen and would cause many unique RP experiences. :)
I would be okay with this. But I would take the timestop thingie completely out, if I were you. Don't forget, that the effect needs to be roleplayed out somehow and I don't know... Drinking it and suddenly being imprisoned in time is strange.

Suggestion: Why don't you change the time stop to a palsy? That makes more sense and has the same effect. Palsied people can't move. But make it temporarily, otherwise people will never drink your magical potion. :<

Another suggestion, how the different effects are explainable: The ingredient of the potion have different effects on the user depending on the immune system of the user and other physical attributes of the person, like blood type, a possible existing or not existing fel corruption, illnesses like influenza, etc...
Pages: 1 2