Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Astronicus`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello, my name is Matt Murray and clearly I am an avid role-player looking for a more realistic and in-depth role-playing community and experience. I have been playing World of Warcraft retail for around 3 years and I have been within the Private Role-playing community for 2. I have recently been an active member of the now deceased Echeloned Wow Private Server; only because my friends from retail called it home. I have personally had Conquest of the Horde in my favorites for quite some time now and I look forward to working with you all.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I consider myself a Greek-American, although I was born here in America… saying I'm Greek makes me feel better about myself because well… my mom's family (the Greek side) is so much cooler then my dad's family (the American Side) :P

How did you get into Warcraft?:
How I got into Warcraft…. Well…. A long long time ago in a land far far away sat a young boy who was tired of dressing up in his ghetto cardboard armor and pretending he is a soldier. World of Warcraft supplemented the realistic craving my imaginary brain had. Once I heard a few of my friends were playing it, I gave it a try and I was hooked.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
As I said before this was my REAL first choice for a role-playing server; why? Because of what I am doing right now. I can't just login and declare myself ruler of the role-playing world of start trolling the chats. The strictness and order that this server presents seems quite perfect for people who are serious about role-playing. A troll or more commonly referred to as a “Moron” would not go through this process and thus should not exist on such a server. Also I feel that the heavy forum usage primarily in the creation of back stories really lets other people know who your character is and it allows us to really build a history and personality for out character.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I mostly enjoy the Kingdom role-playing or Militaristic Role-playing. As stated earlier I always pretended to be a knight in shining armor with some noble title as a kid and that's exactly what I love doing here. I also do enjoy kicking it back in an Inn and telling war stories and getting to know people. I personally like role-playing in large groups but as that can get confusing and unorganized a pair works fine for me too.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race/class has got to be well... I have 3. I really love Human Paladins because they ARE exactly what I wanted to be as a kid; they are the knights in shining armor in World of Warcraft. I also enjoy mixing the Paladin up with Dwarves and Draenei. Hunters are my second favorite and I usually throw them with a Night Elf; there mysterious yet adventures and I love that in a character. My third favorite is a Human Warrior because well… there just awesome and can act as good or evil and still fit with the back lore.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are to just have fun! Along as I can build the character I want and have a good time then I will just love it here. Hopefully everything is as structured and organized as portrayed and hopefully I can make some friends!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
My favorite rule is your feelings towards Plagiarism because well I think that it's the most ignorant and immature thing one could possible commit in any situation ever. I love how your strictness towards the subject should surely keep it out of the server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I would actually love to write it at a later time (not to late but not right now) just because I want to get some inspiration and act off that on the spot instead of trying to sit here and think something up. I find that split second Ideas go much further than trying as hard as you can to impress someone.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well you guys have really answered them all in the beautiful documents laid out on your site. I just can't wait to get started role-playing here!
Welcome to the server!