Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kinny`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Though still considerably young, I've been gaming for all my life. I have no particular preference in the games I play, nor the genre in which they belong. I'm a player who plays to wits end without the concern of what it is I'm playing as long as it's fun. When I picked up World of Warcraft, the addicting realm took me in a whole new direction. For some time, I had played, and still DO play the retail version of WoW. However, my curiosity of RP brought me to private servers (considering how dead they were on Blizzard realms). Needless to say, I found that I had an enjoyable experience expressing my inner fiction through words and emotions, and as time went by, my RP learned to move on. After servers of lore and characters, I have finally dawned upon Conquest of the Horde; a seemingly new frontier for my gaming and RP lifestyle.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the United States, with my primary language being English. Although, if it means anything, I know a total of 7 languages (only 4 fluently). [Excuse the two-liner here, not much more to say.]

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My elder brother has been an avid Blizzard fan, and so it was evident that I would pick up their games as well. I began with Starcraft and Warcraft III, and gradually moved on to World of Warcraft. My brother moved on to college and our only means to communicate was WoW. Even now that he is back home/working and able to spend time with us personally, WoW has never quite left me. I don't expect to leave it anytime soon either.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
My previous server - EchelonedWoW - received a dreadful Cease and Desist order from Blizzard to close down shop. Its tragic considering how well that server had populated and played out. By means of the almighty Google, I stumbled upon your intriguing RP server, in hopes to keep my RP alive before it turns to dust. Among other Google searches, your server seems more stable and strict (in a nice way) than most others. It's legit enough for me. I have a feeling this is the place for me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I haven't given this much though, but I suppose adventurous RPs are the most exciting. I can't stand sitting in a tavern all day simply 'talking' about my life. I like to "walk the walk" not "talk the talk." I do also enjoy crowds and pairs, but my medium is family-sized group of people.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race(s) are the elves because of their lore and speaking-style. I have to say that my favorite class is the mage. I mostly play Paladins or Warriors simply because they can wear more armor types, but I own a mage on retail and they really have a nostalgic atmosphere about them. Their WoW lore mixed with classic fantasy is too much for me to resist. Besides, I don't have to spam trade chat for portals or raid chat for tables. Oh, and turtle polymorph ;)

What are your expectations of this server?:
I really hope the community will accept me and that I will have a blast RPing. It's not much if I get into the server and have no relationship with the community. Friends are everything, especially when it comes to RP! It doesn't seem like a problem though, this server already feels like its going to live strong with me for a long time to come :D

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like how you guys have outlined the reasoning for certain RP rules. You didn't just state "Don't have OP background for you character," and keep it at that. You explained with logical reasoning (that I vehemently agree with) as to why things are the way they are.
"As Grakor puts it:
'We don't need characters from other dimensions, worlds, etc. or characters that are out of place and make no sense with the current, established lore. Warcraft lore is already fairly diverse, so I don't see why players would need to branch out of the many possibilities it offers.'

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
[This is from an old background story from my last server. Of course, I will be creating a new one for my new character on this server's forums, but no need to put it here. Laziness can suffice I hope :D ]

His voice was solid and clear, “The manacles of your fate have ended you.” The hooded man raised his arm, causing the sleeves of his robes to droop. He pointed his finger at the crude and beaten body of the man and finished his statement, “The manifestation of your mind beseeches you to squander. I will free your chains, and the illness of your mortality!”

Euphoria of emotions swept the pitiful figure. He doubled over upon the soft blanket of sand that enveloped The Barrens, and watched as his world was malformed into a surreal monstrosity.

The world around him churned and bellowed in a magnificent and unstoppable tempest. The very ground below surged and raged apart in immense climatic explosions. A deafening howl of wind and destruction shook the very soil to its core.

The crystal grains of sand beneath him lifted into the air and danced among the stormy clouds in typhoon of madness; a masquerade of twilight to which even the heavens had not known. The hooded man cackled with maniacal glee as all the world ended in a final symphony of doom and destruction.

“Now witness the cure before your eyes! Freedom has dawned upon your pathetic soul so that you may find your way among the infinite knowledge and power you so long sought! Witness now, what few others before you have been privileged to obtain!”

With a sudden heart-stopping thud, all sound vacuumed itself out of existence. The man winced his eyes open and gazed upon the calmed twinkling cosmos around him. He took a brief pause to relish in the moment. Just then, his eyes blinked and he found himself in a hospital bed in Gadgetzan.

Triconis stood up his bed, looking around at his men worriedly.

A guard asked, "Sir?" Triconis only looked at him.

He continued, "The men are ready for the expedition."

Triconis' dry lips parted to ask inquisitively, "Expedition?"

Another of the guards stepped up to respond, "Aye sir. The goblins rumored our missing men must be holding shelter in caverns across the desert."

"The Caverns of Time..." Triconis whispered in dreaded awe, wiped of all memory.

The guards simultaneously quacked, "Sir?"

[End.]

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
The above story is an endless loop, only to be stopped by an in-game RP, as one man (a friend of mine) enters the paradox to disturb the timeline. From there on, Triconis and friends live life normally, where Triconis is gradually regaining memory. {I was a female guard among the epxedition. Triconis was a dear old guildie of mine. Other friends I will not list, since you get the idea.}

I hope you see me as a viable candidate for your server!
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.