Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Graccus`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I took up WoW in the summer of '08, I started RPing on my second or third day of playing the game. Since then I have mainly RPed on private servers, such as EchelonedWoW - until it's recent shut-down - where I got most of my RP experience.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm Irish, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, I've been a gamer since I was around nine, so stumbling across WoW was inevitable, I suppose I must have heard of it on a forum, and I decided to get it. I think it was the idea of a wide open game-world, being able to interact with other players and the idea of choosing from a list of races that lured me in.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
As I stated above, I was RPing on Echeloned until they shut down, and so I decided to search for a new RP server.
After trying a few, I have found your server, and it just appealed to me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My favourite RPs were Military/War based RPs, but I have always enjoyed Village RPs because of their depth, such as petty squabbles, friendships, family and work.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Hmm, now thats a difficult one, I suppose if I had to choose, I would pick a Blood Elf Paladin, as their regal bearing suits my usual military-based roles, or possibly a Tauren Warrior, for a big, friendly giant, which I use in Village RPs.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm not sure what to expect from this server, but judging by the punishments for rule-breaking, I can imagine that it will be a rather elite Roleplaying community.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule against godmodding appeals to me the most, as while it is usually an unspoken rule anyway, I have seen many Godmodders and Metagamers ruining Roleplays, and it needs to be prevented to keep the mood and atmosphere of a Roleplay intact.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Thrug struggled feebly to undo his bonds, but to no avail. All his efforts earned him was the kick of the steel-toed boot worn by one of his Guards. He grunted in pain and lay still. He tried to ignore the rocking of the Prison Boat on which he was being held. He turned to look up at one of his Tormentors, the one who had kicked him, he thought. "Can I please have some water?" He asked. The Guard, a boy of no more than sixteen summers, stared at Thrug for a few seconds before nodding in assent. "Get The Orc a bowl of water." He told the other Guard on duty, a wide-eyed, freckled lad of small stature. Who nodded and left the room. "Any other last requests?" asked the remaining Guard , while smirking at Thrug. The Orc growled suddenly, and the Guard went pale and lost his grin. However, the Guard's surprise and fear were soon replaced by anger, and he pulled out his baton. He walked over to Thrug and raised the weapon. "Still got a bit of fight in you, eh?" He asked, not expecting a response. "Yes, I think I do." muttered Thrug, as he swung his legs and toppled The Guard. The Guard yelped as he hit the ground, but was quickly silenced as Thrug leaned over and drove his elbow into The Guard's windpipe. The Young Man thrashed for a while, before his body went limp. Thrug then used his teeth to wrench off one of The Guard's shoulderplates, and holding it between his Incisors he dragged the sharp end of the plate back and forth through the bonds which held his wrists together. After what seemed like an eternity he was able to snap the bonds and free his hands. No sooner than he had done this, he heard footsteps in the hall. His feet still bound, Thrug dragged himself to the wall beside the doorway, and used the wall to prop himself up onto his feet. The Guard walked through the doorway and saw his Comerade's corpse on the floor. But then, a pair of large green hands clamped around his throat and stopped his cry of alarm before it could begin.
After half a minute, The second Guard was lying face-down next to his partner. Thrug then untied the bonds around his feet, and cautiously stepped out into the hallway. Once he saw that he was alone in the hall, he ascended to the deck. It was night, and there were no Guards between him and the Rowing-Boats on the side of the deck. He tip-toed towards the first boat and lowered it into the water. He then hopped overboard and began to row to freedom.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde! :3

Lok'tar Ogar! Greetings and Salutations, and all of that! Hehe. Upon entering the game for the first time, please /join chat for game related questions and conversations and /join barrens for a more silly shenanigan filled atmosphere!

In the meantime, please make sure you are familiar with our Rules, Policies, and FAQ's. If you haven't, also check out the Wiki! It's pretty cool.

Hope you enjoy yourself and we look forward to seeing you in there! Happy Rping! ^-^