Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rossik`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been a gamer for 6 years, Started with Text based and flash RPG's, and slowly climbed the genre's of roleplay/mmo. I've enjoyed the ability to, by choice, immerse myself in a realm apart from reality, where I can be what I wanted to as a child.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Ireland, but have lived in the United States for relatively my entire life, excluding my first year of existence.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
It was the logical and relative next step in my gaming. When Warcraft, as a series, was released as an RTS, I dabbled in it, but when World of Warcraft came out, I immersed myself into familiarizing with the story, background, etc. and exploring the game as well.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Lo, and behold, the joy of Google. I wanted to find a slightly more than Blizz-like server, where I could roleplay as I wanted, or choose to keep my mouth shut (A highly prized trait of all my roleplaying excursions.) And that was also well populated and welcoming.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Group RP, tavern, really I'm a dynamic type of roleplayer. I live in as my character, and if approached while doing the most mundane of tasks, I rarely slip out of character. If I'm playing the game, I'm playing to immerse myself in the experience.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'd have to say it is a dead tie between Humans and Blood Elves. Akin to the fact they have the same basic class choices, I appreciate the Humans stalwart spirit as a race and a peoples, and I appreciate the Blood Elf viewpoint on the way they scraped their existence out of exile. In terms of class, I'm usually a Hunter/Mage type of player, or similar classes, although I wish there was more of an inbetween class allowing medium armor, light spellcasting, and basic weaponry. But, alas, balance is balance.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hold no expectations of the server, because I don't believe that anything is given to me. If I expect something, I'm acting as if I'm owed it. I EXPECT I will get out of this server precisely what I put into it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The common thread of respect and diligence upheld in the rules. I value respect and maturity above all else.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A man sits in a worn, beaten chair, made of wicker and wood. He stares forlornly at the dusty and ancient wooden floor, slowly thumbing a dull silver ring as he ever so often glances at the vaguely human shape immobile and covered upon the loose and rickety frame of a peasant's bed. The fire in the hearth burns low, as a single tear furrows it's way through a thick layer of grime caked on the mans young yet weathered face. He stands up abruptly, casting the ring into the hazy embers. As he glances back, he deliberately knocks over a bottle of heavy spirits and sending it trickling on its way to the same eerie, smoldering site. As if marching upon the sound of the shadowed man's receding footsteps, the thick alcohol creeps closer to the flames, igniting in a shower of sparks spreading quickly across it's surface, and to the surrounding wood, decades dry and cracked. The hut is almost immediately engulfed, outlining the man as he makes his way slowly away from the frigid plains surrounding his former home, the dancing flames casting shadows upon empty snowdrifts, mirroring the strangers cold, emotionless stare. A new story, a new life, has just inscribed it's prologue from the depths of loss and sorrow, and directly onto the freshly created page of a new era.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope to enjoy myself immensely in my time spent here, and I hope it is a chance to improve my own writing skills, social skills, and perhaps gain a few good friends along the way.
Welcome to the server!