Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ayiru`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, hello. :) My name is Niall and I'm 16. I'm currently in college, studying languages, and I'm a huge fan of roleplaying and RPGs. I'm English (West Midlands), but planning to live in another country when I can. I'm going through a period of gender confusion which is kind of troubling for me, but if you're able to look past that I can be quite friendly (if a little bitter!).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
My first language is English, which is good as I live in England. Since I'm studying languages, I'm no stranger to grammar. I'd also like to say I have a good vocabulary, seeing as I'm studying English Language. I'm also taking French, German and Spanish. A real linguist! But to answer your question without straying off topic, my first language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My friend managed to drag me kicking and screaming into World of Warcraft over a year ago, and I'm happy to say that she did the right thing! I got into the Roleplaying scene of World of Warcraft a few months after spending some time on a PvP server, and I've not looked back since. For any who may be wondering about me, I am also Eyil on Argent Dawn EU, leader of the Silver Gauntlet (I'm proud to say that we're the only Argent Crusade presence within AD's Horde players! Of course, this also means that I spend my time managing the guild as well. We're currently starting up a campaign across Northrend. Hopefully it should be fun. :3).

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I actually read an article on the BBC about private servers, and I found one that really interested me which was not this one. I also found out that it was taken down, so I did a little hunting. I found this server, but decided against joining any private servers. Then one of my friends told me a little more about the server, including what it offers in the way of cross-faction roleplay, and I decided to give it a go. :)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm really open to anything. I'm not really one for trying any sexual stuff, though, just yet. :P You'll have to buy me dinner first, okay? Anyway, my favourite kind of roleplay would have to be the fighting, action and danger, although tavern RP is good for me too! And as I also like roleplay in any size group, I'm the perfect target for any "Your roleplayers are so roleplay-slutty..." jokes. ;P

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Don't kill me! I like Blood Elves. Okay, I like Blood Elf FEMALES. The males looked better when they were thin, thanks very much. :P Anyway, I like Blood Elf females as they're not the normal superchest and thunderthighs females you see in many RPGs. I still prefer completely flat-as-a-pancake characters, but they'll do. :P I'm also quite partial to Night Elves and Draenei (Both genders this time) for their awesome looks, and Trolls because who doesn't love a good Troll?! :P My favourite class, and don't kill me again, is Paladin. They're really fun if you Roleplay the correctly, and I like healing, but not enough to be a priest. :P

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, I certainly hope it'll be a server with good RPers, a friendly community and lots of extra features for Roleplayers. :) Of course, I also hope no one will mind that I'll also be devoting time to the retail version, and also that I may decide that this server isn't for me. Nothing personal, of course. ;)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Ooh, I actually like all of the rules! I'm very impressed with the stance you've taken towards tolerance in particular, I'm kind of convinced that many private servers wouldn't take an active stance against homophobia and sexism, and I'm pleased that you seem to. Of course, I'm also very pleased that you guys take measures to ensure Roleplay is the main focus of the server. :)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Well, I'm not sure if you'd appreciate me copy-pasting a story I made of one of my characters in the retail version, so I'll leave this blank for now. :)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well, to what extent do you offer cross-faction Roleplay? Can I enter an Alliance city without being tackled by a billion kajillion Alliance players? :P And I've been told that Horde and Alliance can understand eachother, is this true? And for my final question, what colour is a mirror?
Welcome to the server!

You can't go into the opposing faction's cities, but you can speak cross faction.

And the color of a mirror is white because it reflects all light and white is all colors. Hmph.
Thank you! :)

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Aww. My English teacher said it's any colour you want it to be. Her answer's much better. :<