Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Brooke`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Let's see... I've been playing WoW on and off for -forever-. About... seven years? In any case, I started off in love with the hunter class, then fell in love with druid. I've played every class to a decent level.

Roleplay-wise, I used to do it all the time but haven't on WoW for around a year or so. I still roleplay on forums though with different genres.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the USA and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
It was all the rage back in Highschool, so of course I picked it up. It was fun watching all of my "I'll never conform and play WoW!" friends decide to pick up the game because all their friends were playing it.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found you guys through a friend awhile ago; I never joined but I was pretty impressed. I recently got back into WoW and decided I'd join for some good roleplay.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Hmm... I'd say I like action-drama with a sprinkle of romance. Take your standard tavern roleplay and have two of the characters break out into a fight, etc. I also like it when people take the taverns/inns/etc and turn them into 'work' places with bartenders, waiters/waitresses, etc.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Umm... I don't know. Can I answer this after Cataclysm comes out? xD It's been so long since I played the game that I'm not sure what changes they made. But I'm currently playing a Night Elf Druid on the main game and I'm really enjoying it.

In the past I've been a warlock fan because of the fast-paced/high speed combat. Run around throwing out DoTs instead of standing in one spot. Healing is also fun because of the fast-paced aspect.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm expecting a good roleplay atmosphere. I've read through some of the profile threads and it looks like you guys really pay attention to storylines/lore, which I like. I'll need to put some effort into doing my research which I'm sure I'll have fun with.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like that there's a penalty for killing the guards/NPCs. It reminds me of the days of waiting for the gryphon master or a certain quest giver to respawn because someone decided to kill them all... not fun. xD

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'm not sure if you're looking for a roleplay sample or just a story in general? At any rate though I think I'd like to do this part later.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I have a question about character death... there's a section about resurrection in the rules but I could've sworn COTH was perma-death in all circumstances. Did this change or am I remembering incorrectly?
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde! :3

Lok'tar Ogar! Greetings and Salutations, and all of that! Hehe. Upon entering the game for the first time, please /join chat for game related questions and conversations and /join barrens for a more silly shenanigan filled atmosphere!

In the meantime, please make sure you are familiar with our Rules, Policies, and FAQ's. If you haven't, also check out the Wiki! It's pretty cool.

Hope you enjoy yourself and we look forward to seeing you in there! Happy Rping! ^-^

P.S. To answer your question, I believe the policy did change. It used to be perma death, but now you have the option of rezzing your character. (Though this does take a week and have some negative effects on said character.) We try not to allow the system to be abused, so if anyone is rezzing too much or too often, well, we'll deal with it.