Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Elegar`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Firstly, Hello! I'm Luke. I was a long term WoW player between, 2005 - 2009, on the Sha'tar RP server, with the equally long running character, 'Elegar'. I'm a down to earth roleplayer and in real life both a table top roleplayer and a LARPer. I like to be immersed in complex storylines as well as brush shoulders casually in the tavern. Mostly I like to be involved in a warm community of friends and get down to some roleplay.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the United Kingdom (England) and speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Getting into Warcraft for mewas a progression of my RP, before being into WoW I was an extraordnarily hardcore Guild Wars player, after I stopped grinding and became interested in the small amount of RP that Guild Wars had to offer it became a natural progression from there to move onto WoW.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
In all honesty. My knowledge of this server over others is limited. I havent been a private server user before (and indeed don't even have WoW installed anymore), but I am keen to get back into a tight knit community of Roleplayers rather than the less than average Roleplay that Paid WoW has slipped into.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
As said above, I am comfortable with pretty much any form of Roleplay. But I do have a great love of storylined Roleplay with goals (in other words World plot), large events including lots of people are also a favourite of mine, such as various 'military campaigns' that took place on the Sha'tar.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race and class Blood Elf, Blood Knight (Paladin). I love the history of the Quel'dorei and how they became Sin'dorei, I love how they are a noble and proud race and for me Roleplaying a Blood Knight is extraordinarily fun. The Blood Knights to me are more than just Law enforcement, they are the military leaders of the Sin'dorei, to be trained as a Blood Knight is to have studied the arts of warfare.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations? None. Roleplay is what the Roleplayer makes it, and as such is as much (in my opinion) a responsibility to the player as a right. Rather, I'd like to think that I could bring responsible, sensible and dynamic roleplay to the server without expecting anything back, anything I do get back, is just a bonus.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the maturity rule and believe that all Roleplayers should be able to keep a cool rational head to the Roleplay going on around them, if something happens to my character for instance, I must be mature and realise that this is due to roleplay and not against 'me' persay.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is part of an actual roleplay storyline I was involved in a couple of years back. I do apologise for only giving an introduction as the actual storyline would take many hours to write up. Briefly explaining the powers of my character and others within the story, all were extremely long term players on the server and the subsequent roleplay had gone into it. Without further ado:

General Sylvare Elen'dril, and Commander Elegar Netherwing had been hand picked for this mission. With the taint of the Death Knights still loyal to the Lich King being spread in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, the two of them as Holy beacons of the light had been sent into parlay with the Commander of the Death Knights himself, Farniro.

Elegar and Sylvare were the best of friends (though outsiders would be hard pressed to work out why) infamous for their fighting ability throughout the Blood Knight Order, Elegar was known as a beserker to those who soldiered under him, his command of the light empowered him and his soldiers had seen achieve extraordinary feats of physical strength, Sylvare was known simply as 'The Fortress', his skills lay in defence, magic and physical means were hard pressed to cause him damage in the magical armour he wore, rumours surrounded how the armour worked, Elegar knew however that it took power from Sylvare himself, and enough damage would eventually break it. As strong as the two of them were, they were no match for Farniro and they held no illusions of being so. Only one Blood Knight in the history of the order had had the power to best Farniro in combat, and he was missing presumed dead, this had been the Master who had trained Elegar's master.

The two marched solemnly along the road to Scholomance, as agreed, they would meet Farniro about half way down the pat from his fortress. Both were nervous that this was a trap, but a mission was a mission.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Should I be accepted. I do have one rather embarassing thing to ask. I no longer own the WoW disks and dont have them installed on my computer, as such could anyone anyone supply me with the links to download the client up to the relevant patch I need for this server. Cheers and I look forward to hopefully roleplaying with you soon.
I think this is what you're looking for:

http://www.bigdownload.com/games/world- ... all-client

And welcome to the server!
Thanks! I look forward to the roleplay!