Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Spyderbytes`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
It's hard to start an introduction, so I'll use this sentence. Well, things to tell about myself : I'm seventeen years old, I was originally born in Dublin, Ireland. I came to the United States when I was two, so I didn't get to experience much of the Irish lifestyle, along with not remembering most of my stay in Dublin. I spend my time usually playing lacrosse, airsofting, playing video games, and hanging around with friends. I've been playing this game pretty much since a few months after it went live. I've been role playing for about five years now, mostly on retail. Although over the last few months I have been experimenting on private role play servers. Most of the servers I have found have been weak, and full of un-experienced players. I'm currently unemployed due to my laziness, I'm a full time student although so I suppose it balances out.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was originally born in the eastern parts of Dublin, Ireland. English is my best language but I do know a tiny bit of Spanish, and Gaelic. My knowledge on both of these languages is every minuscule.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into World of Warcraft because of my dad. I saw him playing as a kid, and thought it looked like a lot of fun. I asked him what he was playing, and he told me. He started on a server called Shadow Council, which I found out was a role play server. After getting his account hacked, because I was a small, stupid kid, I went back to the server and saw the role players. At the time I was like 'What are these guys doing? How are they making those orange emotes..' I asked one of them how they did that and what they were doing. They said simply, 'Role playing, go away greifer." That's how I got into the game, and roleplaying. A quite short explanation, so I hope it suffices.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found this server by searching google. I spend about.. two hours searching the World of Warcraft private server databases, and found no other role playing servers that seemed decent. I got tired of looking and finally googled it, and this website was the first result. After looking through all the forums, and the Wiki as well, I knew I had found a serious role playing community. Even if I'm not accepted, it will be nice to know that I need to step up my game to play with more experienced people. If or when this application is denied, I'd love to know why; so I can improve of course.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I personally have found that a mixture of fighting, relaxing, and events(or highly active) role playing situations favor me the most. I can deal with almost any situation, and play it out. There is one thing I can not stand although, and that's people not punctuating. Spelling I can understand, because we all make mistakes.. but punctuating is common knowledge. Mainly the use of periods, commas, and apostrophes.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like to play humans for the most part, or Night Elves. My reasoning for liking humans is the anatomy, and no, not in the way that's most likely going through your head as you read this. I like to be able to really know the character I play, and with humans, I can relate to the anatomy. It may sound really nerdy, but it's true. I don't like to play Draenei, or Tauren because of the hooves, and I don't know how they would react with things in the environment. I don't know the Blood Elves well enough to feel comfortable playing them, this goes along with the Orcs and Gnomes. But the issue with most of the races, is the accents. I like seeing people playing Dwarfs use a common accent, it makes the situation feel much more... real I suppose this. This accompanies the issues I have with Trolls. I enjoy Night Elves, because I know more about their lore than the other races(not saying I know all of it, but a good portion). Lastly, why I do -not- play Undead. I believe that the Undead race in Warcraft should lose limbs when struck, there's not much holding them together.

What are your expectations of this server?:
From the level of difficulty to just get an account made, and a character accepted.. I expect a high level of experienced players. If this is a correct assumption, then I hope to learn a lot from them if accepted. I'd love to widen my horizon for role playing, and different types of situations within the World.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I couldn't just pick one.. so I picked three! Firstly, and most important to myself, 'Keyboard skills'. I mentioned above about how I hate people not punctuating, and such. Spelling I can stand because not everyone is perfect. Coinciding with this, not everyone is from this wonderful country, and not everyone has a mastery of the English language. Which is a very hard language to learn. If I had to pick one rule (which I cannot) it would be this one. My second favorite is 'Maturity'. Even though I am not legally an adult, you could usually tell how old a person is by a looking at a few things. Such as, but not included to; How they react in arguments, how the person reacts to insults, and how they act OOCly. A lot of people joke around OOCly, I do it as well. But most people know where to draw the line, as do I. I personally, ask someone about their emote to fully understand it, thus insuring a quality counter-emote. My last favorite rule is 'Tolerance'. This is no place for extremely personal details, but I really think this rule is important. If someone is of different sexual preference, religion , or race they should not be shunned, or put down for it. If someone feels uncomfortable, it could have real life effects. You could actually hurt someone's personal pride, and self-esteem. We role play for fun, not to hurt others(in most cases).

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'm sort of confused by this, should it just be something you would see in Warcraft, or just a story written by me? I'd like to move as far as I can here, if accepted of course. I'd be happy to type out my short story; The End of Our Days, a zombie apocalypse short story. (About nine pages).

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
If this application is denied, please send me a message.. or something like that telling me what's wrong. I'd love to know, thanks a lot.
The story can be about pretty much anything.

Anyway, welcome to the server!