Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Umbra`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I consider myself a serious roleplayer. I put great effort into establishing my character and giving it a backstory, and then sticking to that story.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from Sweden and thus primarily speak Swedish, but am very proficient in English. Thus, roleplaying shouldn't be as much of a problem.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A gaming magazine offered a demo version of Warcraft III, and I got hooked. However, I didn't start playing World of Warcraft until early 2007, and have been playing on and off ever since.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I was looking for a serious roleplaying server, and Conquest of the Horde seemed to be everything I was looking for.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My most enjoyable roleplaying experiences come from playing D&D with friends in real life, so therefore I enjoy story-based roleplays in larger groups - four or five - the most. However, I can enjoy practically any kind of roleplay, as long as it's serious.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I would say that the Forsaken, especially with the recent turns they've taken in Cataclysm, appeal to me the most. Out of the classes, I would say that the death knight, champion of the Scourge, is my favorite. Ever since I was but a child, I've had a fascination with the dark, the undead and the damned. Forsaken death knights fit that bill twice, so there's nothing to dislike!

What are your expectations of this server?:
After reading through the Rules, I expect the roleplaying community of CotH to be civilized, serious and have high standards in roleplaying, compared to what I have seen elsewhere.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Definitely the rules regarding maturity and keyboard skills; they help cement my belief that this is indeed the site I've been searching for.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Alright, but you will have to listen closely. I'll only say this once.

When I was but a young man, we lived on a farm in the lush forests of Silverpine. This was, of course, long before the first arrival of the Scourge in Lordaeron, but still under the rule of King Terenas II. I was walking along the shoreline of Lake Lordamere when a strange, robe-clad man appeared. I hadn't seen him coming, nor had I heard footsteps; when I looked up, he was simply standing there, looking out across the lake to Fenris Isle. Eventually, he turned to look at me, and he said:
"Boy, do you believe in a life after death?"
Without waiting for me to answer - nor would I have answered, as the man terrified me to the core - he shook his head.
"I certainly don't", he replied, "for it would have made my line of work that much more repelling."
With those words, he unsheathed a wand from his robes, and pointed toward the island. A great ripple spread through the waters as dozens - no, hundreds - of bones surfaced, forming a large raft which the man stepped on to. He shook his head.
"Remember me, boy, when the day finally comes. You will understand."

Now, I have learned of that man's identity. His name was Thule Ravenclaw, a great necromancer, and is dead by now. It's a shame, really. He could have taught us a lot about our kind.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No, I don't think so. I like your standards, and I look forward to roleplaying with you.
Welcome to the server!