Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Cataclysm Cinematic intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Some people have probably seen this, but I'm guessing a lot of people haven't. So here. Watch it, nubcaeks.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq4Y7ztznKc[/youtube]
Ooh, is this like, the actual cinematic that plays when you first install the expansion?
Spotted this as a commercial during the Falcons game today.
Wet was my appetite for warcraft.
Oh my god I think I just exploded into kittens and rainbows.

Blizzard's FMV animations have been getting better and better, and watching the HD version of this, I have to say I haven't seen better.
Anski Wrote:Ooh, is this like, the actual cinematic that plays when you first install the expansion?

Yes. Yes it is.
Poor Valley of Heros D:
The tidal wave about to hit Booty Bay? Absolutely epic. I couldn't wait for this expansion before I saw that, and now I feel like I'm going to explode in anticipation...
Awesome
Beltharean Wrote:The tidal wave about to hit Booty Bay? Absolutely epic. I couldn't wait for this expansion before I saw that, and now I feel like I'm going to explode in anticipation...

It's just the way Blizzard does things. They don't make a huge deal out of expansions, both of the ones before Cata were the same way.

"Hay Blizz when is Cata coming out"

'Lol I dunno'

"No srsly it's august."

'Deal with it.'

Two months later:

"HEY CATA IS COMING OUT BAM LOOK AT ALL THESE VIDEOS AND BETAS AND COMMERCIALS"

'OH MY GOD I'LL TAKE 20'

Something about the release date is like, explosive hype for WoW expansions.
When looking at these cinematics I'm thinking. . .Why don't they make a full length movie? Seriously. Square-Enix did it with FFVII, Blizz can do it with WoW.
They are making a movie, Warcraft is the name!
They should make a movie for Starcraft over Warcraft, I think, it'd be like... ;l;alksdjf;lakjsdf;lkjasd;fkja;sdkfja;sioefja;slkdj2 Yeah... something like that.
I personally preferred the WotLK cinematic. It was more well-done, in my opinion. It flowed more like a short film and less like a series of HEY LOOK PRETTY PICTURES, which is how most of the WoW cinematics go. However, this one is awesome.
I think that's cause WOTLK had more of a story to tell. Arthas was a previously done character, etc. Deathwing, although existing in lore, wasn't really a big deal or anything until now.
Spiralin Wrote:They are making a movie, Warcraft is the name!

I know they're making a movie. I just don't have much hope for that movie in particular. Mainly because I heard it'll be live action. I doubt live-action actors will be able to justify the glorious characters featured in the Warcraft universe. At least they told Uwe Boll, and I quote, "We will not sell the movie rights, not to you. . .Not ever to you."
Pages: 1 2 3