Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Draenei Death Knights?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible, lore-wise? I've been wondering about it recently. Honestly, I'm not 100% clear on what exactly needs to happen for a corpse to be "Death Knighted'. Would a draenei even have an excuse for being in the Plaguelands (I assume that's the area they'd have to be in)? Does the timeline even match up properly?
Timeline does match up, but it's a very slim margin of time that a draenei could have become a death knight.

However, it's very plausible that a draenei paladin went to the Plaguelands to fight the Scourge. Or a priest.. or any draenei that was committed to the idea of fighting to give the world a better chance. I do not see it as an outrageous thing for a draenei to want to fight undead.
There is seven months when a Draenei could become a DK. Most Draenei have a thing against the Scourge, children of the Burning Legion; but most of all, it is just overjoying for the Lich King to recruit strong DKs who were once holy weapons. He won't bother raising a Draenei as an undead...that would be a waste.
Well, it's a common fact that Draenei are part of the Argent Dawn, just look at the Argent tournament area, they are everywhere...

Here's where...in my opinion you could say it's very likely for a Draenei to be killed and raised in the time gap, but at the same time make a few points that make it impossible.

Reason for is because the Draenei believe themselves to be righteous defenders of the light, and would sign up to the dawn the instant they heard of it...hence they just so happen to be in the plaguelands to get killed...

Reason against being it's only a few months after their arrivel...most will still be recovering from the crash no doubt

Regardless...Draenei DK's are possible.
What's the timeline, regarding the Draenei presence on Azeroth and the Scourge/Death Knight events going on in the Eastern Kingdoms?
I'd imagine a Draenei could possibly hear of the Argent Dawn and their representatives in Darnassus, and decide to join up in order to help combat the Scourge. They could be shipped off to the Plaguelands, where they were needed most, and while there they were slain and raised as a Death Knight. Would a situation like that work?
The raising of Third Generation Death Knights started just about the end of the events of The burning Crusade. It is highly likely that many draenei traveled to the Plaguelands to either join the Argent Dawn or simply slay Undead in the name of The Light. However, it is highly unlikely that there would exist Draenei Death Knights who were not previously paladins. just putting it out there.
Thank ya's for the dates, Roxas. The history I have in mind involves a Draenei that was previously trained as a paladin before she joined the Argent Dawn.
Thanks for the speedy answers, everyone. :)