Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Question on Spirit Walker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if the character I want to become a spirit walker has to be a shaman? I wouldn't think so seeing as its one of those classes that chooses the person more so than the person chooses to become a spirit walker but after talking it over with a friend of mine in game I figured it would be best to go ahead and seek some clarification since he believes the person has to be a shaman but he is also not sure.
Funnily enough, Spirit Walkers are more of a Druidic-like class due to their ties with the Emerald Dream. But, personally, I'd believe you would need to be either a Druid or a Shaman due to their spiritual nature.
I am familar with their ties to the emerald dream. Looking over the Wow wiki it seems to me that its a class that kinda happens to the person who gets it and less so that it is a class the person actually wants.

Quote:Shamanistic training is required for a spirit walker to unlock his power. Shaman/warriors and shaman/hunters are not uncommon, as many spirit walkers live ordinary lives before they receive their calling. Tauren spirit walkers favor the tauren totem weapons of their tribe, while orcs favor claws of attack.

Thats from the wow wiki page. I read the page before and I cant believe I forgot that. So some shaman training has to be involved but now I wonder if I have to be base class shaman in order to get spirit walker. The character I want to become a spirit walker is a warrior and has always been a warrior, but I wanted to make him into a spirit walker because of the rp it would create for myself and my clan. /nod
You'll have to be a shaman. The prestige doesn't really make any sense when attached to other classes.

(Aside: yes, the Emerald Dream part might link to Druids, but Spirit Walkers and their abilities are very much tied to ancestral worship and their connection with the spirits of those already dead. Shaman is the only class that has this sort of connection, and I'm not going to get into multi-classing tom-foolery with this one.)

Edit: (Aside 2: If you want a prestige that can be taken by Warriors but has a strong connection to the ancestors and a similar power set to the Spirit Walker, try Spirit Champion.)