Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Stuckm`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Mathias, and I am a currently studying field biology in the United States. I am an avid reader, and like to try my hand at drawing quite often. I love using my imagination, so I have a natural tendency towards fantasy and science fiction literature.
I'm sure this isn't relevant, but I also love football (the real kind, not the funny kind these crazy Americans play with their hands)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am Belgian, so my primary languages are Dutch and French. However, I have been living here in the United States for about 4 years now, so I like to think I am fairly competent in English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played Warcraft 2 back in the day, and then Warcraft 3 when it came out. The irony is that I am really bad at computer games, but I just loved the lore and the art-style of the games. When WoW came out I tried it for a while, but I didn't last too long. I joined the RP realms, but had trouble finding people willing to engage in the story.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I just recently discovered free servers. As I experimented with a few different ones though, I found myself looking for a different style of play, one more focused on storytelling. Your server was the first that showed up on my google search for private servers that focused on roleplaying. As I've read the rules, this realm seems increasingly appealing to me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm not a very experienced roleplayer. Most of my experience in storytelling is by myself in the form of stories written, pictures drawn, etc... So I'm not really sure what style I would enjoy best, I'm looking forward to trying them all out if I can!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love the Trolls, because I'm fascinated by the Carribean/African vibe their culture has. I love that kind of Tribal feel. A close second favorite would have to be the Undead, as there is something appealing about the blatant callousness and wickedness with which they view the world. As for classes I am split in love between hunters and mages. I love hunters for the bond they have with their pets, but there is something about the dichotomy between the raw power of the mages and their physical frailty.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I am hoping to be able to create and participate in some fun storytelling, without having to worry about some jack-ass (is that an OK word to use?) charging in and killing everybody yelling something about 'n00ba' and 'l33ts' or whatever words they use nowadays.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I really appreciate most of the rules I've read on the server here. I like the character creation rules, as I think that will create a somewhat believable population of characters, as opposed to a mass of demi-gods, superheroes, and master villains.
I also appreciate the rules set in place to minimize OOC chat without ignoring the fact that it is sometimes necessary.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It was the cold, dark hour before dawn and the earth was silent but for the rustling of some small rodent making its way through the heather. Din'Jan shifted uncomfortably on the hard ground as he tried to hold on to the last vestiges of sleep. Failing, he rolled over and sat up, stretchin stiffly before rubbing his arms vigorously, trying to dispel the deep chill of the morning. He regarded the pile of ash and charcoal that was the only remnant of last nights campfire. As he had barely managed to scrape together enough firewood on this barren heath to create that small flame, there was no question of his finding more this morning. Resigning himself to the cold, he reached into his pack and pulled out some salted meat, which he thoughtfully chewed as he concidered his next move. As he sat there, Din'Jan looked out of place in the vast empty plains of Northrend, a place not known for being colourful. Din'Jan however was a true jungle troll, no matter where he happened to be. As such his tall lean frame was covered with the bright red warpaint of his tribe, not to mention the colourful baubles and charms that bedecked his arms and neck. He wore a brightly painted green leather jerkin, and even his trousers where painted in a gaudy red. His hair shot up from his head in a shocking manner, held in place be a mixture of lime and ash. Din'Jan was in fact the exact opposite of what most people expected to see in a wilderness tracker. His gaudiness evoked images of a carnival performer, not the quiet stealth of a hunter. However, hunter he was, and he had been tracking his quarry for three full days now. He stared into the last dying ember of the fire, and thought deeply. His mark would've had to stop somewhere for the night, and there was only one place to hide on these empty moors. He smiled to himself and muttered 'so be it, den'. With that he stood up, raised his hand to his mouth and let out a piercing whistle. An answering screech was not long in coming, and was soon followed by a shadowy shape swooping down from the sky. Din'Jan tossed some of the salted meat at the new arrival, and then fondly petted the birds bald head. The vulture was small for her kind, but behind her beady yellow eyes lurked a fierce cunning that rivalled even her masters. Din'Jan smiled at her, then said "Let's be off, Screecher, we have to earn our pay today". The vulture let out another screech and then hopped a few steps before launching into the air. Din'Jan picked up his pack and followed his pet, walking into the distance, always chasing his next mark.

Sorry this story isn't complete, I had some time constraints. Hopefully this gives you a feel for my writing style though.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hope you like what you see here!
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde! :3

Lok'tar Ogar! Greetings and Salutations, and all of that! Hehe. Upon entering the game for the first time, please /join chat for game related questions and conversations and /join barrens for a more silly shenanigan filled atmosphere!

In the meantime, please make sure you are familiar with our Rules, Policies, and FAQ's. If you haven't, also check out the Wiki! It's pretty cool.

Hope you enjoy yourself and we look forward to seeing you in there! Happy Rping! ^-^