Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Idea Dump: Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have you ever had this wonderful idea for a character but then notice you already have way too many alts?

Maybe you have a few characters you just can't reduce their current online time?

Do you just want to get that idea out there for someone to use?

Well! Have I got the idea for you! An idea dump!

To put it simply, I've had this idea for a long time due to having a few ideas myself and I thought 'Hey, why don't I do it today'? But, sadly, I am a procrastinator and I didn't get it done because it wasn't actually that important so I could of left it. Now! I decide to take action.

The basic idea of this is that people post the ideas they have about a character they may of wished to make but can't due to some ridiculous plausible reason. I know this feeling, I have it a lot. I would like to see what people think about this so, post your feedback!
So, in the end, would this make a 'perfect' character for each race, if we all contribute? Interesting. I'll get right to it.
Not exactly a 'perfect' character for each race, if I understand what you mean, but just a dump for ideas you have, for an example, a DK who, after the fall of the Lich King, decided to pursue the art of botany and create undead flowers.
Ah, what I meant was that the characteristics common to each race would be more obvious. It'd be an interesting thing to keep an eye on!
Ahh, that might be quite a plus towards it to. I'd like to see what would come of this too, perhaps we could make a Wiki page for it or simply do it all on the Forums.
Eventually, with enough response, a wiki page of 'how we play' could be compiled. Alot of work, but it'd be good.
So yeah, I'll kick this off. Once upon a time I had an idea for a human.

Said human would be: annoying, rude, believe himself to be above others, and physically weak. I thought of a human, not a Gnome or Dwarf, because I believed that it'd fit someone of a larger stature. And Dwarven have the ability to turn to stone, making them fairly strong in all cases.

To express this, I thought the closest class of character would be a Mage.

The point of this human was to further interest in engineering on the server, due to a monthly Gadget Show.
The Gadget Show would encourage every engineer to think of something clever for, essentially, show and tell. His history was going to be of him being brought up by a rich character, boring stuff, but then being chased by another of my characters: the Gnommish insane engineer Spiligrack. This sparked the idea of the Gadget Show as the character wanted something bigger than the Gnome's engineering could account for, to outmatch him. Given the world view of this character: believing in duels ending disputes, but not duels to the death; this would then stop the Gnome stalking him.

I never made the character because I never got round to it. Then the ideas faded.
a group of savage kin, or druids that perfected different animal forms that roamed as a pack.

claustrophobic dwarf.

A fighting school, or training facility.
I have these two currently:

A [Insert Race] DK whom has an obsession with plants and decides to pursue their unholy goal of creating the 'perfect' (Undead) plant that can survive anything.

A Gnomish con(wo)man whom has many different costumes, aliases and almost never shows who they really are. Their aim though, is to gain money from people in order to help the Gnomish refugees and fund the campaign to restore Gnomeregan.
Assuming the point of the thread is to comment on others ideas and present your own I'll just drop some positive feedback on a few of your thoughts that I liked.

BountyHunter Wrote:A Gnomish con(wo)man whom has many different costumes, aliases and almost never shows who they really are. Their aim though, is to gain money from people in order to help the Gnomish refugees and fund the campaign to restore Gnomeregan.

I like it. Characters within a character. Like a sneaky(er) robin hood-ish type. Right?

ThePharaoh Wrote:a group of savage kin, or druids that perfected different animal forms that roamed as a pack.

I'd be down for a gang of Nelf beasties mauling Orcs in Ashenvale or Tauren animorphs hunting in the barrens.

And as for Ben. An interesting idea and I like it.