Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Anariel`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
First, I must say that I am not a great fan of WoW, except for it's great storyline (which I only know the baselines… For now) and HUGE RP potential. I played for a week on PVE servers before getting bored, then tried PVP but didn't like how rude people were and finally discovered that RP servers aren't really for RP but more for gangkers. I got a shot at private server RP with two or three of my friends but then my computer crashed and I forgot about WoW…

I am a great D&D player and I work as dungeon master in a day camp (basically being paid to be called a god by a horde of prepubescent kids while in the outer world you are just a geek) and as an animator in D&D live (or LARP) for a company a friend of mine started.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am a proud French Canadian from Quebec… Even tough I prefer English literature to French. Unless my intro text is full of mistakes that I can't see, I think it is proof enough that I am bilingual.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played a lot of WC3 but I never really thought a Warcraft MMORPG would be a good idea… All my friends started paying it so I joined in and liked it… for two weeks. A guy told me he was RPing on a private server and thought I would like it, since he knew about how much I like D&D. I became addicted to it quite fast, until my computer crashed and I was forced to go in detox. I now fixed something with old parts in my basement and hope I will be able to run WoW. (I am currently installing it, should be done tomorrow… I hope.)

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found this server on Google, and I read the rules and concept… For now I like it, just hope it will stay the same once I get my game on!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
In D&D I like political RP, action packed RP, as much as epic stories. In LARP I often play either the village drunk, or the shady dealer. One time I even opened a tavern and used it as a cover for my shady deals… But in WoW? There is so much to try, I don't really know yet, but as a start I'll try for a simple tavern RP, just to get a feel of this server.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I don't really have one yet, each of them have their pros and cons, depending on the storyline and background of a character, each can be useful. I must say that both blood-elves and night-elves have a lot of versatility because all types of personality can be found in these races, same goes for human. Trolls and gnome make for a funnier RP, undead and dranei are more intense, etc. (Those are my opinions and yours may differ)

What are your expectations of this server?:
Like most GMs seem to, I hate the demigods and Illidan's sons or Sylvannas lovers… But there seem to be no problem with that, with all those rules on this. I only want people to be open minded on lore stuff, while keeping it a priority. I only know the baselines of the lore (mostly from WC3 and the texts that appears when you install the game) but I'll do my best to stick to it… But even I elves, being older, they are wiser… An elf can be traumatized and have a different personality from the preset default, or else everybody would play the same characters!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity is a great one! If I did something wrong, tell me in a whisper and I'll do my best to change it, you don't have to yell to everybody that I am a stupid noob without telling me why! (Relax and deal with it as an adult…)

I could have said “the rules about godmoding” or “those about respect” but those should be obvious to all players…

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I do not intend to reach grunt status yet, but I do like to tell stories!
This is actually the story of the character I have played the most in D&D, his original background was exactly this:
Anariel, the drow of no house; his entire family was killed in a drow power war when he was 16. He was spared because a young drow female, following her sister in battle to learn the art of war, helped him hide from the massacre. He now wanders the world without any leads to find the one who saved him, the one who cursed him with love.

Short, sweet, but it became huge, epic. It may sound like a Marty Stu, but it started as a level one basic character with no background and I worked my ass out to get It trough the level 20, and then I worked even harder to get it into the epic levels… Here is a short summary of over 3 years of questing with friends:

Anariel l'Ilieh (The Pure) lost his name as he lost his family, In a l'na'ceroth (The barbarian) attack. He was spared by Vassnti l'na'ceroth, younger sister of the l'na'ceroth High priestess, who followed her elder to learn the art of war. By hiding Anariel, she blessed him with life, and cursed him with love.
He took a sacred oath and removed his heart from his chest, swearing to find the woman he loved, even if it took centuries. He wandered of to the world, with no leads, and took on the name of “Anariel xuil nau xukuth” (With no heart)

He hoped that in becoming famous amongst the dark elves Vassnti would come to him, instead of him loosing his time to find her. After many years of training, he decided to start taking action, always helping any priestess of any house that demanded him, which earned him the title of D'natha szithrel yathrin (Of a thousand priestess)

Meanwhile on the surface, the great town of Grivalion, which had been turned into a necropolis a century before, had been retaken by the Order, the human, elf and dwarf Empire.

Anariel had decided, after becoming the main advisor of every drow family, that he would take it a step further and try to take over the surface world. When he went up, he aimed straight at Grivalion, entering there as a refugee from a disaster was easy… he never showed any part of his skin and made believe to every one that he had been burnt in hi old village, and that he lost his family. By completing small tasks at first and bigger ones later, he gained the trust of the townspeople, until he revealed his true self.

He had a hard time regaining their trust after that, but he told the people he had been cast off for trying to change the nature of his entire people. When he was back in their good side, he tricked the mayor into loving him and eventually married her.

Shortly after, he went to the half demon tribes that still lived hidden in the forest, waiting to take back their necropolis, and staged an attack to kill the mayor. They agreed, but at a high price… The half demons filled the hole in Anariel's chest with the soul of one of their seven creators…

With the mayor dead, Anariel became the ne mayor and cheated his way up the ranks to become an inquisitor of the order… The highest rank before council member, a rank above all law.

There is still a little more to tell but I think its enough. It doesn't seem like much but I worked my ass out to earn all those titles but if I wrote the complete story it would take many days. I filled an entire journal with what that character has done.
If anyone wants to know how this character ended, just PM me, I'll send it to you in a few lines.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope… I think my intro is long enough as it is. Have a good day (or night) and I hope to RP with many of the readers of this post!
Welcome to the server!