Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A few questions from a newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm new here, still waiting to have my introduction checked, but I have a few questions while I'm waiting.

# 1 I've read through the whole prestige titles thing, but I don't really understand it. So, if I wanted to have the title witch doctor, I only have to ask for it? That's what confuses me, and is it a title in game or just on the forum?

# 2 Is the server populated enough that I can just walk into an area without being completely alone? (Some private servers I never see anyone else.)

# 3 How does the FFA PvP work in this game? Do you just turn it on anywhere by right-clicking portrait. Also, if you attack someone with FFA PvP on does it make your FFA flag go on. (That's how it works with normal PvP in the retail version.)

Thanks for answering my questions, or trying. As soon as my introduction gets read, I'll see you in game. :)
#1. The prestige titles are for what your character is icly, the requirements for Witch Doctor, (Category 1 Prestige) Is you just need to be a grunt. A grunt is a person who has been here a month, have at least one approved char profile, and submitted a questionnaire to be approved for gruntship. A category one prestige can just be claimed. As in, make a shadow priest troll, and icly you say you're a Witch Doctor with different abilities. But nothing too special.

#2. The server I would say is populated, but roleplay isn't everywhere. There's only maybe forty to fifty people on at most a day. Or at least this is what I say. The roleplay is usually in certain areas. So basically I would say it's not populated enough that, everywhere you go there'll be people in the same spot. If I were to give you advice on wanting roleplay in different areas. Join a guild, as big ones usually travel around. And at least you have others to roleplay with.

#3. I never really see many people pvp'ing randomly. Other then on GM Island just for fun. Not much else I know about.
Thanks so much for your help, its really appreciated. How long do you think I'll need to wait for my introduction to go through?
A few hours to a few days.
And I saw that your intro was just accepted, which means. . .Welcome to the server! Cake will be served in the lobby. Alright the cake was a lie, but you can't say you're surprised.
Hi i'm also new and I has a question as well. On one of my computers i downloaded the new patch, and I've gone through my HD and deleted everything that had to do with that patch as for as i know. I also set the realm list to COTH yet it still doesn't let me connect. It says I've been disconnected. How do i fix this problem?
Hi i'm also new and I has a question as well. On one of my computers i downloaded the new patch, and I've gone through my HD and deleted everything that had to do with that patch as for as i know. I also set the realm list to COTH yet it still doesn't let me connect. It says I've been disconnected. How do i fix this problem?
You need to reinstall WoW if you've patch too far, unfortunately. And a manual install too, which is irritating!
Oh, thank you.
Ok I did that and it still doesn't work? am i going to have to erase everything from WoW and then do it all again?
Likely so.