Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Paying Off Guards?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know in cities like Stormwind and Ironforge it would be out of the question to pay off the guards. I'm thinking about all the Goblin towns and small settlements, if a person were to refuse to leave the town and stay in hiding, would it be possible to pay off the guards so you could do a number on the person and then leave it at that? I think realistically, most guards would take money to turn a blind eye. Of course all people involved in the beat down would have to agree to it.

Discuss, and/or shoot down!
I think it's fair, goblins I've always thought are greedy little creatures. If they make money off of it, that's good. I'd expect them to accept the pay to turn a blind-eye, then bet with their friends on who would win.
You can pay them but that doesn't mean that they'll listen to you. In fact, they could confiscate the money.

You don't want to pay off a guard without GM permission because that counts as controlling guards, if I recall.
I don't think this thread was meant to say, oh hey, we can pay off guards. More or less to the facts of what people think about this. I'm sure we already know we don't pay-off guards right now, as it's not allowed to control guards.

Just saying, I think it would be fair. Not that I do it. :)

Edit: Opinionative, not factual.
Spiralin Wrote:I don't think this thread was meant to say, oh hey, we can pay off guards. More or less to the facts of what people think about this. I'm sure we already know we don't pay-off guards right now, as it's not allowed to control guards.

Just saying, I think it would be fair. Not that I do it. :)

Edit: Opinionative, not factual.

^
Indeed, though I haven't seen a lot of people successfully pay off a goblin guard. In fact, I've seen them just pocket the money and call the person a punk.
Toxicfrozt Wrote:I know in cities like Stormwind and Ironforge it would be out of the question to pay off the guards.

Heh...I've had GM permission to pay Stormwind guards off before. That's valid. I think the rule of thumb is to ask a GM, and if they deem it appropriate, then it's an ok.
Wuvvums Wrote:You can pay them but that doesn't mean that they'll listen to you. In fact, they could confiscate the money.

You don't want to pay off a guard without GM permission because that counts as controlling guards
This thread got shot down in all of, 8 posts!

I'm guessing that means if all people agree to it, and you get a GM's permission. It's okay. (:
That's all I was really looking for, thanks. ='D
I remember Rogg attempted to pay off a guard.

Didn't work out. :D
In the case of goblins, you have to think like a Goblin. Say you try to pay off a guard to beat somebody down. Sure, he'd get money, but the town would lose a customer, which is much more valuable and gives a steady income. Chances are he'll not take the money. Even greater chances are that he'll like previously stated in this thread, will pocket the money and deny.
I think that the goblin would definitely take the money without question, but if you would offer the money and say that you would beat the person down yourself, they might actually agree. Also, paying lawful city guards isn't a good idea because they wouldn't even touch the money. They would arrest you immediately.
Just get a GM's permission before trying to do anything. Don't assume control over the guard's response.
Haha actually a nice idea never thought of it :D