Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Aedeneau`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been into RPGs for about 15 years. It wasn't until the last couple that my circle of friends included another guy who likes to GM, so I've pretty much always been the storyteller. Playing is a damn sight easier than running, though, and I prefer it for the sake of my schedule. I've played a lot of MMOs, though none as long as WoW. I don't feel much satisfaction from grinding, and WoW was the first game where you really didn't have to--at least before the rep and honor systems were added. I liked that laid-back style of play that still let me progress comfortably. I played every race, every class, and ran a few small RP guilds. Sometimes it worked out well, and I had a close-knit group. I have to admit that I was a pretty bad guild leader, unable to handle the stress of keeping a group growing and active. It's much easier to follow than to lead, in all cases.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
USA, east coaster, American English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft II was my first taste of it. The campaigns were good, and the map editor was amazing, despite how limited it was compared to anything Blizzard has done since. I played Tides of Darkness, Beyond the Dark Portal, Reign of Chaos, and The Frozen Throne. I got into WoW at open beta, and played for a few months afterward. Since then, I was off and on for years. I've also looked at both Warcraft pen 'n' paper RPGs and was looking forward to running a campaign before WoW came out and other things blindsided me.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
A reference from a certain image board. I read over this site and then googled up some alternatives. None of the other private RP servers seem to have much activity/RP going on.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
As a holdover from my OOC demeanor, I can't stay interested in tavern roleplay. I have to be out and doing things. My fondest memories are of small groups, though I once found a large, very active RP guild that had some fun events, and I've done plenty of RP involving just me and one guildmate on this server or that. I love conflict of all kinds, but I'm bored when nothing changes in the end.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Orc/shaman and belf/paladin. I don't know a great deal about real shaman, but I really enjoyed playing a wise, old orc in touch with the spirits of the land. I also enjoyed how I could switch from tanking to healing to dps at the drop of a hat in low level instances, and I was pretty good at it. Blood elf paladins were just... an interesting set of contradictions. When I was catching up on the lore I'd missed, and got to "M'uru willingly accepted his role in the events that unfolded, knowing that it would lead to the elves' redemption", I wanted to shout "I KNEW IT!" 'cause I'd predicted exactly that when BC started. Blizzard loves corruption/redemption stories, and so do I. Also, mages. You don't need a reason to love mages. They're magical.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Stories that can cause change, and are influenced by the players. That's all I ask, and a brief look around gives me the impression that you're down with that.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Roleplaying, honestly. The rest are nice, but if there's one you couldn't lose, it's that.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Hm. I do have a story that comes to mind, but it was in-game, so you kinda had to be there for the full effect. (Story time in Thunder Bluff.) I'll see if I wrote it down anywhere and get back to you on this. Or, I'll just make up something new, later.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm good. Though if you could add an index page to the profiles wiki by class like you've got for race, I think that would be convenient. I couldn't see that one existed.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde! :3

Lok'tar Ogar! Greetings and Salutations, and all of that! Hehe. Upon entering the game for the first time, please /join chat for game related questions and conversations and /join barrens for a more silly shenanigan filled atmosphere!

In the meantime, please make sure you are familiar with our Rules, Policies, and FAQ's. If you haven't, also check out the Wiki! It's pretty cool.

Hope you enjoy yourself and we look forward to seeing you in there! Happy Rping! ^-^