Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: EllanTGGR`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hi, I am EllanTGGR. There's a story behind that but, it's long-winded and requires the use of puppets to really get the message across. I'm a second generation gamer/geek who learned D&D at the dining room tables where my parents played aD&D and I could just barely see the table top. I've played most of the big name paper and pencil RPGs including recently (ie this decade) many play by posts. This is also the time I got into several MUDs with varying levels of satisfaction from them. I'm an Engineer, and make my own maki-sushi with actual raw fish.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
The United State of America, and while sometimes it feels like C is my native language. I still manage to work more in English than C.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played Warcraft 2, then 1 then 3. I dislike the click-fest of RTSGs and the must upgrade in N seconds or die feel of multiplayer, but having played 3 I was thinking like everyone else wow this would make a neat RPG because of the whole hero thing. Loved the nobility of Thrall and the ruthlessness of Arthas. Only got into WoW very recently due to finances.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Frustration is working on a character (personality not stats) and trying to stay in character while no one else is bothering. Like you're weird for wanting to play out something other than farming an instance or "griefing" random players 1/2 your level.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Crowds are frustrating, small groups work great I enjoy questing and am still exploring the game. To my own detriment I'm somewhat shy and not big on confrontation. I'm honestly not sure, but I intend to have fun trying whatever seems to work.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
While conceptually I like gnomes and mages I'm still exploring the various options. I haven't tried everything yet. I like trolls but doubt I could keep up with troll RP elements in real-time.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'd like a setting with gradual progression, strong social elements and support of the newbies. Consistent ICness and reasonable levels of interaction.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Role playing. Contrary to some other poster my experience wasn't that other servers are filled with obnoxious wastes of carbon, but rather no one wanted to role play or realized that they could. I'm looking to role play and supposedly here be role players. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Polished steel heroes,
Axes cleave through armor,
Glory is forgotten.

I'd rather wait and tell something more game relevant perhaps character relevant.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde! :3

Lok'tar Ogar! Greetings and Salutations, and all of that! Hehe. Upon entering the game for the first time, please /join chat for game related questions and conversations and /join barrens for a more silly shenanigan filled atmosphere!

In the meantime, please make sure you are familiar with our Rules, Policies, and FAQ's. If you haven't, also check out the Wiki! It's pretty cool.

Hope you enjoy yourself and we look forward to seeing you in there! Happy Rping! ^-^