Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Question!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thinking for a second name for my blood knight. I said "Whitegale" before hand, but now that I am starting to write her profile I want a more... meaning name. So I looked up Thalassian on wiki and gathered that Felo means flame and I know Quel means high. So I was thinking Quel'Felo, but also I've noticed only very important things have Quel in them. So to have Quel in the name, would that link to royalty or nobility? If it does then I won't use it.
My first impression is: don't. But I'd get opinions from others first.
There'd be no reason you couldn't. I know several different families in real life with the last name King, even though they aren't related to the nobility of some country or another. So even if it did mean something more than 'High' it wouldn't matter in my opinion.
Beltharean Wrote:There'd be no reason you couldn't. I know several different families in real life with the last name King, even though they aren't related to the nobility of some country or another. So even if it did mean something more than 'High' it wouldn't matter in my opinion.
That's a human custom, though. If the quel'dorei only use "quel" for very important things, then that's their custom.

I'm also trying to think of a surname for my blood knight, so I'm interested in the topic, but I can't say I've studied it. I do know that using "English" surnames--that is, surnames composed of words we understand in English--is very common. I'm not sure if we're supposed to assume that these are translated, but I don't really think so. Looking at the Blood Knight article on wowwiki, there's Bloodwrath, Bloodsworn, Dawnblade, Dawnrose, and Pyreanor, counting only the NPCs with two names. I saw someone elsewhere compose a list of PCs with two names and, unsurprisingly, Sun and Dawn were popular components.

Now that I think of it, I don't think these are family names at all. It would be a weird coincidence if Solanar Bloodwrath came from the line of Bloodwrath that existed before the Blood Knights, and he just happened to become a lord thereof. But maybe you'd already figured that, and I'm just rambling.
Beltharean Wrote:There'd be no reason you couldn't. I know several different families in real life with the last name King, even though they aren't related to the nobility of some country or another. So even if it did mean something more than 'High' it wouldn't matter in my opinion.

But nobility IRL has died. If this was the dark ages, it'd be different.
A name generator i came across.
http://www.rdinn.com/generators/2/elven ... erator.php
It produces Elven given names and surnames for both male and female.
Tell me if this helped or not ^^