Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: EbonyDrake`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Presuming we are speaking of gaming in general, as a player, I consider myself a mature and tolerable person who is rather relaxed when it comes to gaming. I feel no need to immediatly rush or skip over important parts of a story in order to gain a reward towards the end.

I also love the RPG genre (Hence part of the reason why I am here). The thought of being able to create another persona and guide his/her path based on their own limitations and strengths is most intriguing to me. Put that genre in with an MMO, with other players that guide different and diverse personas bears for interesting situations. You are free to create different scenarios as you, the players, coordinate. The players are the masters who forge their own chessboard and move their hand across it, and your characters, the chesspiece.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States, and my primary language is English. I do know several other languages on the side, but I presume that this server is primarily an English server and they will be of little use here.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first started with World of Warcraft at age eleven. At the time, I thought of it as a surreal and interesting world to be immersed in; a way for me to get my mind off of real life. However, after playing for 4 years, I became more intrigued with the plot of the original story and began to dwell into the MMO's predecessors to become more educated about the series' intricate lore. I started becoming involved in the Warcraft RTS series and found myself loving the deep and rich lore that Blizzard developed over time, and gained an appreciation for it I overlooked while playing the MMO.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well, for one, most servers don't offer a rather widened roleplaying experience! From what I have seen so far, I am impressed by the amount of freedom the Admins give the players in order to make their roleplaying experience as immersive as possible. The other thousands of servers out there are just "Free epics and PvP", which become quite repetitive after some time. By joining a roleplaying server, you become part of the story rather than a random individual who partakes in a forthright faction vs. faction setting. You can form mercenary groups that take on contracts, a lone assassin who accepts hits from shady individuals, be a vigilante who cleans up disorder in the streets, or heck, even a local womanizer drunkard who makes the local tavern his home. The possibilities are endless!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I must say it depends on the character I am roleplaying. Male or female, good or evil, guided or misguided, I like building upon and occasionally twisting the scenario in accordance to my character's personality, traits, intentions, and beliefs. Personally speaking, I have often engaged in more relaxed, tavern-like roleplay, however, I like experimenting with different scenarios in order to broaden my experience with roleplaying in real time. For example, if I assume the role of a necromancer, I'm not going to spend my time drinking away in taverns and telling humorous tales. I would be hiding out in an abandoned crypt, conversing with others of my kind on how to go about spreading the plague and raising more Scourge for the Lich King's army. Maybe even conspire with a corrupt local merchant, who promises to poison his stock in exchange for monetary gain...but perhaps the merchant ends up lying, and informs the guards to purge the crypt, who in turn "reward" him for his good deed. I find it interesting to see what your character's decision can inspire within others at the heat of a moment, regardless of what situation they are placed in.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Now, this is a rather tough question! Even if I answer this question, I can't say that I will answer honestly, as I find many of the races in Warcraft interesting(Including the humans). In World of Warcraft, I was an intially an Alliance player, so one would think I am biased when it comes to this decision. But lore-wise, I do favor the Horde slightly more, so my choice would probably be either Orc Shaman or Troll Priest. Orcs have always had a strong spiritual faith and honor amoung their own people and even amoungst their enemies. As a people, I admire their courage and strength to endure constant strife in an alien world. Trolls on the other hand, are rather enigmatic to me. I find their connection to the Loa and voodoo magic rather mysterious, as well as their diversified culture. They make great characters for roleplaying in my opinion due to their difference in tribes and areas of worship.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Surprise me. Honestly though, I don't have much. I suppose as long as the GMs aren't going around godmodding into random RPs and .killing others at random, that's enough to keep me here.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. Honestly, I cannot stress how many I have seen completely disregard this in the amount of games I have played over the years. I have seen players lash out at honest GMs who were doing their job, for no reason whatsoever. Even towards each other at times, these players would insult others for no gain in the end, just for the sake of doing such. As a player on a roleplaying server, I expect to be treated with respect OOC. I can tolerate in-character disrespectfulness, but bashing me for no reason or is uncalled for and immature.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The young tauren hastily strided through the thick plains of northern Mulgore, trying best to muffle the sound of his heavy hooves while striding through the thick grass that encompassed most of the northern plains. He silently weaved through the grass to the best of his ability, approaching his prey at a steady rate despite his rather large stature. He moved his large arms foward as he approached the creature in the distance

He could see it behind the vicinity of the thick grass: A great plainstrider with a muscular figure, covered by dirt-colored, yet silken looking feathers. The proud creature ruffled it's feathers in the sunlight as it continued to graze on the patch of grass nearest to it. The tauren readied his hunting rifle that his father had given him. He remembered the old one's words well

"My father used this rifle to hunt for his family, and now I use it to hunt for mine - for you, and your mother. When you come of age, you will be expected to hunt for your family as well. You will use it when you need it most, my son."

He regarded the old, slightly rusted rifle with a sense of nostalgia before he realized the rifle would not give the beast an injuring wound from here, so he once again moved foward as subtley as possible, his thick arms moving his colossal body foward. The tauren's face twisted in surprise as he heard a small 'snap' sound from behind him. His leg had stumbled over a clumped concentration of grass, making a rather large ruffling noise to any creature within the vacinity.

The plainstrider's head perked upward.

The young tauren winced at how severe the situation really was. This was the last season to hunt before the plainstriders migrated away from Mulgore. If he did not strike down the great beast he was hunting, his entire family would starve for the season.

The great plainstrider he had been hunting curiously regarded the clump of grass he was residing in with beady, black eyes. It quirked it's head to the side with a certain sense of intelligence to it as it observed the questionable clump of grass.

As much as he admired the great creature, he could not afford to shame his family or ancestors. He lowered his head beneathe the grass while levering his rifle up, praying to both his father and the Great Earthmother that the beast would not flee.

The plainstrider moved towards the tall clump of grass, flaunting it's stone-hardened beak towards it. It's large head slowly moved inward towards the area where the crouching tauren had been hiding. The tauren silently raised the rifle and firmed his grip, his eyes interlocked with the large beast for a mere second.

A deafening sound filled the air.

The plainstrider tilted it's head wearily to the side as it's eye's slowly rolled to the back of it's head. It's neck wobbled to the side in response, then finally it's entire, muscular figure collapsed onto the ground. The tauren stood up from his hiding place, looking over the fallen prey with a sense of accoplishment, yet contempt.

"Thank you father." he finally said as his eyes averted to the great plainstrider.

The tauren placed his hands upon the large plainstrider, stroking it's soft feathers before lifting it upward.

"And most of all, thank you, brother. Your sacrifice will be honored."

The young tauren lifted the plainstrider over his shoulder as he started walking back towards the great city of Thunder Bluff. Smiling toothily with a sense of fufillment, he almost thought he heard the words 'You are welcome' amoung the few trees Mulgore possessed.

But perhaps it was just the wind...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm wondering what the major RP addons people use would be, as I do not want to get an addon which requires others to use it, only to be the only player on the server that uses that particular addon!

Also, as far as grammar is concerned, what are the guidelines for trolls? For example, if a troll were to say "Dose be fightin' words, mon.", would that be an exception to the grammatical requirement expected to RPers, since it technically is in-character?

I must submit a character application for each character I wish to roleplay as, correct? So if I were to say, make a human rogue and troll warrior, I would have to make two seperate sheets/pages for them before I am to roleplay as them? (And wait for them to be approved, respectfully) Or does this process only apply to grunts who wish to have prestige classes or specified roles?

When a character dies, are they dead forever? Are there a fixed set of death rules, or would that have to be decided between the two that are RPing?
Welcome welcome!

Lok'tar! Your intro to the server has been approved and we hope to see you soon! If you have not, feel free to look over the rules, F.A.Q., and the wiki. When you log on for the first time in-game, be sure to at least /join chat.

Now for your questions:

1) The most common addon on this server is of course, Flag RSP. Behind it would probably be a tie between Gryphon heart items, which allows for the creation of personal items, and Total RP, which is basically an upgrade to Flag RSP but you have it downloaded to see any of the changes. Others no-as-famous addons would be ones like Gryphonheart Reputations, and elephant.

2) When things like accents are concerned, we don't consider it against our Grammar rules because you're just following how your character would be in-character.

3) Nope! You can play your character as soon as they're made. The purpose of the character sheets is to, once you've become a grunt, get your character approved and leveled to 80, which in itself has some benefit besides being somewhat trustworthy.

4) Character death is -never- permanent unless its a) suicide or b) a GM kills the toon for disobedience. Our rules on resurrection are currently foggy, but the core rules still in place is that you must first wait a week before attempting to revive the character. Then you would go to the resurrection sub-forum under the in-character forum and say how you died, who revived you, and what the repercussions of the death would be.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post them here or Pm me!